So is VZW admitting that the Tour has a serious Bluetooth problem yet, or are they still pretending to know nothing about it? Until they admit to the problem, they will never fix.
    08-19-09 12:37 AM
    Since you chose to double post your question - here & in the rep thread - I will double post my answer.

So is VZW admitting that the Tour has a serious Bluetooth problem yet, or are they still pretending to know nothing about it? Until they admit to the problem, they will never fix.
    VZW doesn't "fix" phones, nor does any other carrier. They only do pass-through warranty exchanges in a manner approved by the manufacturer. If any "admissions" are to be made, it would be by the manufacturer & not the carrier.

While many of us know RIM is the last company to admit problems, I've not noticed or heard about anything wrong with BlackBerry BT - the BT radio on the Tour is the same as the Storm & Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 02:19 AM
    I have also not heard anything regarding bluetooth problems on the tour, not even here on CB. Too bad you returned the tour. What problem were you having?
    08-19-09 02:23 AM
    The problem is listed on the Blackberry site. They say it has been "escalated to the development team". They list that there is no timeframe for the resolution. This is too expensive a phone to have this problem. I have 4 days to return the phone. Bluetooth is important to me for safe driving. I do not think Blackberry/RIM are very concerned about end user problems, as they make it very difficult to contact any sort of customer support.
    08-26-09 09:34 PM
    Where did Blackberry post that on their site? Please post link. Thank you.
    08-26-09 10:36 PM
    I have my Tour paired to a bluetooth speaker and fm transmitter. No problems as of yet.
    08-26-09 10:43 PM
    I have my Tour paired to 2 different devices and it is working great. What is the exact problem you are having?
    08-26-09 11:21 PM
    The problem is how dumb people still look with bluetooths...
    08-27-09 08:53 AM
    I have a Tour and a new General Motors Terrain and my bluetooth is having major problems with the bluetooth. Some days it will allow you to call out and some days you can't answer the phone using the bluetooth. Better yet most times it wont sink up. GM's response is take the batteryout and reset the phone. Now they say it is a carrier problem (Verizon). GM has washed their hands of it and say go buy a new phone. I would love Verizon to come forward and try to finad a solution.
    08-05-10 02:10 PM
    Its not really VZW's responsibility to fix that for you. They will recommend you call the manafacturer, of either the car or phone, since they are not in the bluetooth business they do not support incompatiblity.

08-05-10 02:41 PM
    Have you tried calling Verizon tech support? They might give it a shot, and it's also possible they could escalate the problem to RIM tech support too. Mario like to be the voice of doom and gloom sometimes, BUT it's worth a shot calling. Worst they can say is "sorry we can't help you with that"
    08-05-10 03:11 PM
    Have you tried calling Verizon tech support? They might give it a shot, and it's also possible they could escalate the problem to RIM tech support too. Mario like to be the voice of doom and gloom sometimes, BUT it's worth a shot calling. Worst they can say is "sorry we can't help you with that"
    Gloom and Doom? I'm just realistic and I already know what they'll say. I don't coddle people, so if what I said was harsh htfu!

08-05-10 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD