Dear Mods, I'm posting this here because, it's a Tour specific issue and maybe the Storm 2 as well? I believe, all Tour owners should be aware of this issue.

The Tour's 5.0 Bluetooth stack eventually fails with all headsets and apparently RIM is aware of this bad Bluetooth stack? This is what BlueAnt tech support is telling me and that it's BlackBerry's problem. I have a Tour running 5.0 and have never had an issue with any Bluetooth headset except the BlueAnt Z9i. My BlueAnt Z9i does seem to work fine on 4.7, but I'll chuck the Z9i in the can before I stick w/4.7 for any longer than testing purposes! BlueAnt said I should contact RIM for details on a solution; however, I see no reasonable means to directly contact RIM tech support?

Does anyone know anything about this faulty Bluetooth in 5.0 on the Tour and Storm 2 that causes random issues with Bluetooth headsets? Or has anyone even experienced any of these issues with any brand besides BlueAnt?

Random issues are: Random beeps, buttons on headset being unresponsive, sound and mic not working, and hang-ups. These are all completely random issues the button unresponsiveness can be fixed by disconnecting the Bluetooth headset from the BlackBerry device via the BlackBerry device. And then the headset buttons will work again, enabling the headset to be powered down, etc... This is of course a fix until it randomly happens again the next time it's paired to the Tour running 5.0!

"As you know this is a specific issue with Blackberry tour (9630) and storm 2 phones using 5.0 OS, no updating of BlueAnt products will help as it's a fault with the phone." BlueAnt said

"I believe It occurs on almost all Bluetooth devices within anything from one weeks to two months of pairing with a Blackberry tour using 5.0." BlueAnt said

"Just to re-cap: the issues with the tour happen with all BlueAnt products:
    Q1, V1, Z9i etc
    And I've heard from consumers that called in it also occurs on Jabra's and
    Jawbones etc.
    We know that Blackberry know about the issue so if you contact them they
    should shed some light on it." BlueAnt said

If you may be able to shed some light on this and need more background info, please read this thread here.

Thanks,
    Chris
    04-20-10 06:55 PM
    Subscribed

My bluetooth actually doesn't work anymore now. It happened about a month after upgrading from 4.7 to 5.0 on the official Verizon release and all of a sudden it stopped working with my cars, so i deleted pairings and tried to repair and it wouldnt even find the bluetooth. so i used JL CMDER to rip out the OS and downgrade back to 4.7 and it would selectively find a bluetooth and then not work, then not find anymore of my devices. multiple battery pulls and reinstalls of OS's later and same thing. once in a while, usually right after i reinstall the OS it will find the first bluetooth i try to pair it with but then nothing else so ill delete that one, and then it wont be able to find that one or any others again.

So just last night I installed the Sprint official release (5.0.0.484 i think) and then it found a bluetooth and paired and i even made a call!!! then it found my wifes phone,,,,then i go out to my car excited today that maybe its fixed and it wont find the car,,,so i delete the other devices i paired with last night to see and it wont find those now either and seems dead again....

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by xxSullyxx; 04-20-10 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    04-20-10 09:52 PM
    Subscribed

My bluetooth actually doesn't work anymore now. It happened about a month after upgrading from 4.7 to 5.0 on the official Verizon release and all of a sudden it stopped working with my cars, so i deleted pairings and tried to repair and it wouldnt even find the bluetooth. so i used JL CMDER to rip out the OS and downgrade back to 4.7 and it would selectively find a bluetooth and then not work, then not find anymore of my devices. multiple battery pulls and reinstalls of OS's later and same thing. once in a while, usually right after i reinstall the OS it will find the first bluetooth i try to pair it with but then nothing else so ill delete that one, and then it wont be able to find that one or any others again.

So just last night I installed the Sprint official release (5.0.0.484 i think) and then it found a bluetooth and paired and i even made a call!!! then it found my wifes phone,,,,then i go out to my car excited today that maybe its fixed and it wont find the car,,,so i delete the other devices i paired with last night to see and it wont find those now either and seems dead again....

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That happened to me as well. Follow that link above for more info it's the first post I made in that thread. Ultimately, I had to get a replacement Tour! Something is definitely up with the Bluetooth stack in these devices! You have a one year warranty from RIM and your service provider will replace your Tour.

Good luck,
    Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 09:59 PM
    Okay, it seems as though 5.0.0.662 is working just fine with Bluetooth headsets, even my BlueAnt! I had some issues with my Sony Ericsson MW600 while on .643 and rather than going back to .484, I went out on limb and installed .662, my issues with the MW600 were cured and the Z9i works flawlessly as well.

It's been well over a week 2-3 battery cycles on the Z9i and no issues whatsoever! I use the MW600 everyday while working and the Jabra BT3030 while running at least 20 miles per week. Bluetooth has been working great, just like it was on 4.7 or my old 8330. If you have a Tour and are having these Bluetooth issues try 5.0.0.662 it works great for me!

Best regards,
    Chris
    05-19-10 10:05 AM
    .484, .643, .662 work okay for me

Didn't try or use BT before those OS's came out......
    05-19-10 10:29 AM
    .662 is solid and runs fast, but most importantly everything just works! The only thing I did different with .662 over .643 and .484 was a full wipe. After being plagued with Bluetooth issues, I think I'm finally out of the woods. Looking back, the fix may have been as simple as a full device wipe?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-10 10:42 AM
    I have had no problems using my Bluetooth headset on my Tour, and that's running 4.7, or any build of 5.0, same with my gal's Tour, no issues. Using Plantronics headsets.
    05-19-10 10:43 AM
    Dear Mods, I'm posting this here because, it's a Tour specific issue and maybe the Storm 2 as well? I believe, all Tour owners should be aware of this issue.

The Tour's 5.0 Bluetooth stack eventually fails with all headsets and apparently RIM is aware of this bad Bluetooth stack? This is what BlueAnt tech support is telling me and that it's BlackBerry's problem. I have a Tour running 5.0 and have never had an issue with any Bluetooth headset except the BlueAnt Z9i. My BlueAnt Z9i does seem to work fine on 4.7, but I'll chuck the Z9i in the can before I stick w/4.7 for any longer than testing purposes! BlueAnt said I should contact RIM for details on a solution; however, I see no reasonable means to directly contact RIM tech support?

Does anyone know anything about this faulty Bluetooth in 5.0 on the Tour and Storm 2 that causes random issues with Bluetooth headsets? Or has anyone even experienced any of these issues with any brand besides BlueAnt?

Random issues are: Random beeps, buttons on headset being unresponsive, sound and mic not working, and hang-ups. These are all completely random issues the button unresponsiveness can be fixed by disconnecting the Bluetooth headset from the BlackBerry device via the BlackBerry device. And then the headset buttons will work again, enabling the headset to be powered down, etc... This is of course a fix until it randomly happens again the next time it's paired to the Tour running 5.0!

"As you know this is a specific issue with Blackberry tour (9630) and storm 2 phones using 5.0 OS, no updating of BlueAnt products will help as it's a fault with the phone." BlueAnt said

"I believe It occurs on almost all Bluetooth devices within anything from one weeks to two months of pairing with a Blackberry tour using 5.0." BlueAnt said

"Just to re-cap: the issues with the tour happen with all BlueAnt products:
    Q1, V1, Z9i etc
    And I've heard from consumers that called in it also occurs on Jabra's and
    Jawbones etc.
    We know that Blackberry know about the issue so if you contact them they
    should shed some light on it." BlueAnt said

If you may be able to shed some light on this and need more background info, please read this thread here.

Thanks,
    Chris
    I got the same load of BS when I contacted BlueAnt about my Z9i not working with my Tour. Since tossing the Z9i I have used both a Plantronics 975 and Jawbone ICON for several months each without a single problem.

BlueAnt has a 2 year warranty but apparently does not stand behind their products so it doesn't mean a thing. BlueAnt buyer's beware!
    05-19-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD