I have 2 contracts. 1 has been ready for an upgrade for around 2 months now. The other is ready in May (I think). The one ready to upgrade is a BlackBerry Torch, and the other is an iPhone 4 (not sure if I will renew this contract). I'm wondering what phone I should get. It's a toss up between an iPhone 5, Samsung Note 2 (or S3, the Note 2 is available tomorrow for me), or a gamble on a BlackBerry 10 which isn't out yet.

If I went with the iPhone, I was thinking if it's even worth it since I have a 4 that is already on a contract. There's also the fact I'll have 3 phones too. I currently use my BB for most of my messaging and emailing. iPhone 4 for the social apps, and family/family friend calls.
    09-30-12 03:18 PM
    I think you should try out all the other phones first. But you should add the Nokia Lumia 920 and other Wps to that list. they are very good and a good alternative. but you should try them all ,IOS, Androids and Wps first before you get a BB10. I have a Nokia Lumia 800 and a Bold 9900 and both are good. Lumia is my personal phone and BB is my work.
    09-30-12 03:41 PM
    i think if youre leaning to iphone at least wait a couple of months till Apple have sorted out the problems in IO6 and have better quality new phones being shipped out
    09-30-12 03:57 PM
    Honestly the note2 is propably my most looked forward to device, bb10 devices included. Samsung really seems to be doing wonders in regards to polishing touchwiz even above stock IMHO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    09-30-12 04:20 PM
    Oh yes, the Nokia Lumia 920 too. I forgot to add that to my post. I've tried the Samsung Note 1 in store. It's cool that you can stream videos while you're still on the actual page. Where as the iPhone 4 (not sure about 5), it opens the video full screen, while the Note kept it like as if you played it on a pc.

I might also be able to get my contract slightly cheaper, since I know the supervisor at the phone store. He said in terms of specs and hardware, the S3 and the Note 2 were the same.
    10-01-12 01:24 AM
    Oh yes, the Nokia Lumia 920 too. I forgot to add that to my post. I've tried the Samsung Note 1 in store. It's cool that you can stream videos while you're still on the actual page. Where as the iPhone 4 (not sure about 5), it opens the video full screen, while the Note kept it like as if you played it on a pc.

I might also be able to get my contract slightly cheaper, since I know the supervisor at the phone store. He said in terms of specs and hardware, the S3 and the Note 2 were the same.
    I think when you use the NL920's camera you'll be shocked. it's very good
    10-01-12 01:33 AM
    I think when you use the NL920's camera you'll be shocked. it's very good
    A better camera is something I'd definitely love. Recently I haven't bothered using my phone camera, I mean I have a digital camera right? Then I actually started using Instagram lol. I'm involved with gaming, media, and IT so things like interest me. I usually upload things such as my art work, gaming events, etc. Whichever phone I decide to go with, I may stick with my BlackBerry Torch also. For the BBM and although it doesn't look nice, I'm still used to the emailing.

The other device upgrade is actually February, not May.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 10-01-12 at 01:57 AM.
    10-01-12 01:55 AM
    It's out, I'm still having a hard time deciding which to get. If I get the Samsung, I could get a pay as you go sim for the BlackBerry. I may not take the Note 2 with me to work due to the size, I'm not sure yet. I like the iPhone 5, but I was wondering if the hardware upgrades is worth having 2 of them since my other phone is still on contract. I'm guessing the Note 2 doesn't have eye tracking too right?
    10-06-12 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD