I just played with a co-workers phone, not sure what was the maker, but it had a qwerty keyboard combined with a touchscreen, much like the upcoming Bold 9900/9930. It looked similar to the new HTC ChaCha, but not sure, didn't pay attention to see if the facebook button was at the bottom. I just wanted to share my experience with everyone, who might be questioning the usefulness of a touchscreen combined with a qwerty keyboard. I have a Curve 8330, and have never thought of touching the screen, but for some reason when I started to use my co-workers phone, I just automatically switched back and forth from using the keyboard to using the touchscreen to click on icons and apps. It was completely natural and I didn't even realize what I was doing until I was done and thought about it for a minute. This phone basically sold me on the new Bold 9930 when it arrives on Sprint.
    08-02-11 07:27 AM
    I had touchscreens and keyboards with my Treo600 back in 2003! Definitely nice to be able to use multiple input methods.
    08-02-11 08:27 AM
    Makes me think about the Round Robin phone swaps they've done here in the past. Quite a few of the other phone users kept trying to click icons by touching the screen (I think it was a Bold they were using).

I was always fine with doing things with the trackball, but I can see how being able to do things by touching the screen directly can feel natural, especially since touchscreens have pretty much become the norm.
    08-02-11 09:12 AM
    Makes me think about the Round Robin phone swaps they've done here in the past. Quite a few of the other phone users kept trying to click icons by touching the screen (I think it was a Bold they were using).

I was always fine with doing things with the trackball, but I can see how being able to do things by touching the screen directly can feel natural, especially since touchscreens have pretty much become the norm.
    I try and click the screen of my 9300 all the time since I can do it on my torch just for selecting things or zooming in really, can't wait to have that functionality without a slider
    08-02-11 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD