Help out there.
    I got my first ever BB yesterday (9780 Bold). I got a really cool ringtone from a friend by email, but I can't open or save the mp3 attachment. Can anyone help me?
    01-20-11 05:26 PM
    Help out there.
    I got my first ever BB yesterday (9780 Bold). I got a really cool ringtone from a friend by email, but I can't open or save the mp3 attachment. Can anyone help me?
    Does it say how big the attachment is? You could have them send it via BBM or another IM service if it is over the 2.9mb limit for BIS.
    01-20-11 05:51 PM
    Does it still show the attachment if its too big? I've never gotten 1 before. I have gotten messages then later was told there was an attachment to it. I chaulked it up that it was over the limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-11 06:13 PM
    It shouldn't be too big. Have them send it to you as an mms like sandman suggested. It should work then. Welcome to CB!

If that still doesn't work open the original emails attachment from a pc. Then move it to your Media cards ringtones folder using Mass Storage Mode.

Last edited by albee 1; 01-20-11 at 06:21 PM.
    01-20-11 06:17 PM
    I'm a musician & it happens ALL the time. Go to the mobile site of your email client & open the file. Click the attachment & it should give you the option to save it. POW! You're done. Welcome to Blackberry. -$

01-20-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD