Greetings folks,

I'm currently using an unlocked Verizon branded BlackBerry Classic. I want to move to Total Wireless as it has better coverage (Verizon) than what I'm currently using, Project Fi. What's confusing is that, despite being a Verizon device without any locks or blacklisting, the IMEI gets rejected by the Total Wireless BYOP checker, which seems odd considering that:

1) It's a Verizon device that was provisioned for the Verizon network
    2) The Total Wireless SIM card packaging says compatible with used Verizon phones

I'm guessing that it comes down to the Total Wireless app compatibility moreso than the phone itself, but before I go through the process of porting out my phone number and jumping carriers, does anyone have any insight on this?

With Fi, my SIM was activated on a Nexus 6P before I switched back to BB10, so while it has caveats, it more or less works, although MMS doesn't work no matter what I set the APN to. My goal is to get the Classic on TW without having to sacrifice major functionality to get it there.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    01-09-18 03:04 PM
    Greetings folks,

I'm currently using an unlocked Verizon branded BlackBerry Classic. I want to move to Total Wireless as it has better coverage (Verizon) than what I'm currently using, Project Fi. What's confusing is that, despite being a Verizon device without any locks or blacklisting, the IMEI gets rejected by the Total Wireless BYOP checker, which seems odd considering that:

2) The Total Wireless SIM card packaging says compatible with used Verizon phones

I'm guessing that it comes down to the Total Wireless app compatibility moreso than the phone itself, but before I go through the process of porting out my phone number and jumping carriers, does anyone have any insight on this?

With Fi, my SIM was activated on a Nexus 6P before I switched back to BB10, so while it has caveats, it more or less works, although MMS doesn't work no matter what I set the APN to. My goal is to get the Classic on TW without having to sacrifice major functionality to get it there.

Why don't you put TW SIM card in the device with generic assigned number and give it a try?
    01-09-18 04:28 PM
    Why don't you put TW SIM card in the device with generic assigned number and give it a try?
    Didn't even think to try that. I popped the card in and device shows Mobile network as Verizon Wireless, has a red ! with SIM not activated, and a message in the Hub saying that the device is network locked.

I'm not taking any of that as being a bad thing, though. The SIM being unactivated would absolutely trigger the device lock notice. I'm just happy that it detected the correct network. I'll activate the SIM on my Nexus and then see how it goes with the Classic.
    01-09-18 05:11 PM
    I'll activate the SIM . . .
    Did you?
    11-08-18 11:50 AM
    Greetings folks,

Basically you would have to contact total wireless and ask for a regular sim
    Project fi is using Google software and vpn and only work on fi compatible devices like your nexus
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.redd...ess_questions/

Why is Project Fi only available on select devices?
    These devices are the first smartphones that support our network of networks. They work with the Project Fi SIM card, which supports multiple cellular networks, and have a state-of-the-art cellular radio tuned to work across network types.
    11-09-18 11:27 AM