Check out the xprt - if that's not a BB keyboard than I don't know what is.
    Saw this image on the main CB page...
    XPRT ------------------------------------------------------------------ Pro

Edit: As Howarmat pointed out, it's the same keyboard as the Pro - still a ripoff, but old news lol.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 07-15-11 at 12:59 PM.
    07-15-11 12:50 PM
    its not new really, its the droid pro but under a different name i think
    07-15-11 12:54 PM
    You right - OP updated.
    So it's still a ripoff, but it's old news.
    07-15-11 12:59 PM
    It's a little different than the Pro since the keyboard is "rounded off" and the bezel was changed a little bit. But other than that it's pretty much the exact same phone.
    07-15-11 12:59 PM
    XPRT does look better than the pro imo, but as far as the keyboard goes looks the same.
    07-15-11 01:00 PM
    I disagree with you slightly. If RIM could do the same as Motorolla and rely on a free OS then perhaps it might be so. Thankfully, they create their own OS which, IMO (and you'll probably disagree but you have every right to) is far superior, at least for a phone.
    And yes, I currently own an android device as well as a BB.
    07-15-11 01:02 PM
    I disagree with you slightly. If RIM could do the same as Motorolla and rely on a free OS then perhaps it might be so. Thankfully, they create their own OS which, IMO (and you'll probably disagree but you have every right to) is far superior, at least for a phone.
    And yes, I currently own an android device as well as a BB.
    I was referring to hardware. Why doesn't RIM evolve the Bold form factor to above device? It would seem logical, no?
    07-15-11 01:08 PM
    Yes and no.
    It is the logocal progression (and is coming) - I'm just pointing out that developing your own OS for that hardware also takes significant time and resources, which means it will also take longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 01:10 PM
    I was referring to hardware. Why doesn't RIM evolve the Bold form factor to above device? It would seem logical, no?
    Um they have� You do know the Bold 9900 is coming out very soon, right?
    Granted the 9900 screen still has a landscape orientation vs this Motorola's portrait style, but the point is that a Bold with a higher screen res, larger actual screen size, and touchscreen is right around the corner.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    07-15-11 01:24 PM
    Um they have… You do know the Bold 9900 is coming out very soon, right?
    Granted the 9900 screen still has a landscape orientation vs this Motorola's portrait style, but the point is that a Bold with a higher screen res, larger actual screen size, and touchscreen is right around the corner.
    Yes the new bold might appease current users. But in a carrier store, new customers of smartphones will look at 9900 as "same old BB" vs the above device with more screen real estate. Which will they choose?

You're missing the big picture. RIM needs to attract new users to reverse the bleeding in NA market. I don't see 9900 reversing it and the new Motorolas with keyboard might entice enterprise users to switch.

My point is RIM is king of smartphones with keyboard and the above model is something RIM should have released ages ago for enterprise.
    Last edited by the_sleuth; 07-15-11 at 01:55 PM.
    07-15-11 01:46 PM
    Which will the average consumer buy? Basically whichever the sales person pushes. Which device will sales push? The one corporate tells them to, aka the one they make a bigger profit on.
    Which phone will the informed consumer purchase? Clearly the BlackBerry.

07-15-11 01:59 PM
    At least the were smart enough to copy the best keyboard in the industry!

07-15-11 02:23 PM
    Which will the average consumer buy? Basically whichever the sales person pushes. Which device will sales push? The one corporate tells them to, aka the one they make a bigger profit on.
    Which phone will the informed consumer purchase? Clearly the BlackBerry.

that kind of arrogant logic mirrors the Co-CEOs. RIM is bleeding market share in NA market. It's obvious sales staff are not pushing BB devices, I don't think the new bold will change the perception, "RIM is not innovating enough".

the new OS 7 devices will appease current BB users, it won't bring in new users that RIM desparately needs in its home market.
    07-15-11 02:38 PM
    You are crazy to think new people won't buy into a new BB using OS7.....talk about arrogant...

Hey Kettle, how you doing asks the pot.

07-15-11 06:39 PM
    I've heard that the Pro (and now XPRT) is quite cumbersome to use due to the keyboard being so close to the bottom of the phone.
    07-15-11 06:47 PM
    I think it all depends of the users. I will not get a 9900/9930, since the screen size is not large enough to really gain any benefit of having a touchscreen. It is not considerably bigger than the 9000, although resolution is higher.

If I were to get one of the OS 7 devices, it would probably be the Torch 2.

At this point, though, I do not see enough improvement in OS 7 to justify a 2-year contract. I will wait for QNX (and a device with a big screen), and then decide if I will stay with BlackBerry or switch to a different platform.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-15-11 06:50 PM
    At this point, though, I do not see enough improvement in OS 7 to justify a 2-year contract. I will wait for QNX (and a device with a big screen), and then decide if I will stay with BlackBerry or switch to a different platform.
    That's my biggest fear as well. I can't afford to buy multiple phones out of contract, so I'm afraid of getting stuck with a phone that still runs what essentially feels to me like a little more robust OS6.
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-15-11 07:51 PM
    that kind of arrogant logic mirrors the Co-CEOs. RIM is bleeding market share in NA market. It's obvious sales staff are not pushing BB devices, I don't think the new bold will change the perception, "RIM is not innovating enough".

the new OS 7 devices will appease current BB users, it won't bring in new users that RIM desparately needs in its home market.
    I dont even know how OS7 can appease anyone. Its was Originally the 6.1 then they change the name to make it seem like it will be totally different.

As long as the 9700,9780 and 9900 sit side by side in stores no one is going to look at the phone and say "WOW, they really made it look different" They identical OS wise.

Just my opinion though. I agree with your first paragraph though
    07-15-11 11:39 PM
    I think it is of course a bit of a bb rip off, however imitation is the best form of flattery. Besides, keyboards of all kinds have been around for eons so its hard to make a case of it actually being stolen. If rim were to sue it would be much the same as apple suing over other cell phone makers having touch screens..... oh wait.... they did that.....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-15-11 11:44 PM
    I stay away from Motorola.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-16-11 12:41 AM
    I stay away from Motorola.
    I wouldn't want a Motorola Android either. I would not want to deal with Motoblur.
    howarmat and K Bear like this.
    07-16-11 12:53 AM
    I wouldn't want a Motorola Android either. I would not want to deal with Motoblur.
    Really, i don't like trolling. and i don't have any problem with other manufactures such as Nokia (that i have used a few years with a few devices before switching to BB.. - even my first cell phone was Nokia)

but, in 2007 i have paid a full price for a new Motorola device... and... well.. it's just ... like, each week something else on the phone is not working.
    after using it for 3-4 months the phone was 50% working. what a piece of junk.

They build some cheap junk, i even think that the fake phones from china is less risk to buy
    07-16-11 01:41 AM
    The Droid Pro hasn't exactly 'flown off the shelves' in any sense of the word. I've seen a number of posts specifically related to 'Horrid battery life, ugly screen res, buggy, laggy, hard to type on, awkward,' etc relating to this form factor.

I've seen a lot of them go up for sale as people buy them and find it
    isn't the Droid they're looking for.

07-16-11 03:50 AM
    Really, i don't like trolling. and i don't have any problem with other manufactures such as Nokia (that i have used a few years with a few devices before switching to BB.. - even my first cell phone was Nokia)

but, in 2007 i have paid a full price for a new Motorola device... and... well.. it's just ... like, each week something else on the phone is not working.
    after using it for 3-4 months the phone was 50% working. what a piece of junk.

They build some cheap junk, i even think that the fake phones from china is less risk to buy
    Android in general is not junk as a platform. However, Motorola's version Motoblur leaves a lot to be desired. Vanilla Android is preferable.

I had a Nokia device before I got a BlackBerry. I liked Symbian.
    K Bear likes this.
    07-16-11 05:17 AM
    I picked up the Android Pro at the Verizon store in Union Station and the thing felt awful. The ergonomics are all wrong. So no, I would not want BB to "evolve" into it. The 9000 has a perfect balance of width/height, and Motorola blew it with that large screen.
    The keyboard itself was awkward. My thumbs just weren't hitting the right keys.
    And many tell me that the reason my Atrix developed lag was because of Motoblur.

So....not going for that phone either. They may have attempted to copy the keyboard but they did not succeed in making it right.
    07-16-11 05:55 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD