I am sitting in a bathtub right now. We have no power and the wind, rain and hale are beating the crap out of my house. It sounds like a herd of cattle are running across my roof. My daughter is asleep in my lap.

The only updates on the weather I can get are off of my BlackBerry. The only entertainment I have right now is on my BlackBerry. I just played some music to help the little one fall asleep.

I am thanking God for my BlackBerry right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 07:01 PM
    Be safe, and hopefully the damage is minimal.
    04-10-09 07:09 PM
    Hope all goes well for you down there, stay safe!
    04-10-09 07:11 PM
    be safe. i lived in kansas ( tornado alley) for 5 years. know what you are going through.
    04-10-09 07:19 PM
    And one other thing you can do is the Weather Channel has free push severe weather alerts, including severe thunderstorm and tornado watches and warnings.

Good luck to you in this time of crisis. I know what it is like, I've been through more than 30 tornadoes.

04-10-09 07:23 PM
    I grew up in Kansas as well. If you don't have a basement, the bathtub is the safest place to be. Get a matress or heavy blanket to put on top of you as well. Be safe!

04-10-09 07:24 PM
    Be safe! Here's hoping it comes out okay!

04-10-09 07:27 PM
    Be Safe!

Are you in the Atlanta area? We are having heavy thunderstorms and tornados in the area.

Colin
    04-10-09 07:37 PM
    I am sitting in a bathtub right now. We have no power and the wind, rain and hale are beating the crap out of my house. It sounds like a herd of cattle are running across my roof. My daughter is asleep in my lap.

The only updates on the weather I can get are off of my BlackBerry. The only entertainment I have right now is on my BlackBerry. I just played some music to help the little one fall asleep.

I am thanking God for my BlackBerry right now.

East of Nashville?

I am 5 miles from Murfreesboro.
    04-10-09 07:41 PM
    Where in KS are you? I was born in Olathe, raised in Garnett. I know what you're going through, did it for 19 years! Most of my family is still there!

Stay safe and I hope it doesn't get to bad!

04-10-09 08:12 PM
    Thankfully all that mess was north of me, but if I understand James Spann correctly, I've got my fair share coming my way tonight. D:

Be safe! I second what someone said about the blanket or mattress; it's great for keeping you protected from possible flying glass.

04-10-09 08:15 PM
    Oh roe-i hope everything goes ok for you- and hope that things will die down soon. I can't imagine being in that situation and not panicking-you are brave for staying calm-i wish the best of luck to you that things will be ok soon. I will say a little prayer for you& the little one.

04-10-09 08:17 PM
    Storm is over and we are ok. It is too dark to get a good look at the damage, but I don't think it is too bad. I lost one tree, but it wasn't too big and didn't fall near the house.

The little one slept through everything. Lol.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes. We are a little north of Atlanta. Up by lake Lanier and we get our fair share of tornadoes, but this is the first one to get that close.

Bergerking is right BTW. Anyone that doesn't have the weather channel alert set up needs to do it right now. The emails from them and the news on iheartradio really kept me informed.

04-10-09 09:20 PM
    Glad to hear everyone is ok.
    04-10-09 09:23 PM
    I live in Murfreesboro, TN and we got sooooooooo much damage today. There were actually 2 fatalities. Hope all is well in ATL for everyone that went thru all those today.
    04-10-09 10:00 PM
    Glad you're doing OK. Good luck on the clean up. We only got strong thunderstorms down here in East Cobb.
    04-10-09 10:13 PM
    Yeah I live in the South as well and we have had hail as well as three tornado warnings in about a span of 2-3 hours. Here are some pics...

I hope everyone who is in the path of these storms tonight is okay as there have been several fatalities just a bit north of me. Be safe everyone...
    04-10-09 10:25 PM
    Incredible pictures, reminds me of the March 17 storms that swept across Missouri that thrashed my daughters Cavalier and dented the heck outa my Excursion we had.

Roe, glad to hear ya'll made it through OK, and you know the youngun is quite normal, sleeping while the storm rages.

I added TWC alerts almost from day one, it wasn't available on my old phone. Wasn't even 2 weeks later I was awakened by a tornado warning at home, was able to wake my family before the sirens went off, but everything came out alright.

Ya'll be safe, and our hearts go out to folks going through all of this mess.

04-10-09 10:41 PM
    Storm is over and we are ok. It is too dark to get a good look at the damage, but I don't think it is too bad. I lost one tree, but it wasn't too big and didn't fall near the house.

The little one slept through everything. Lol.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and well wishes. We are a little north of Atlanta. Up by lake Lanier and we get our fair share of tornadoes, but this is the first one to get that close.

Bergerking is right BTW. Anyone that doesn't have the weather channel alert set up needs to do it right now. The emails from them and the news on iheartradio really kept me informed.

I'm a little south of Atlanta and I think we got caught in the storm too, our lights kept going out but everything is cool now and nice to hear ur safe
    04-10-09 11:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD