Just raked in ca$h from the relatives, iPhone is broken, so I need to get a new phone. I've decided to go back to black(berry). <-- Wow, I'm clever. I bet you haven't heard that one before.

I'm a Facebook addict, blogger, list making freak, who enjoys taking pictures of everything interesting I see. I LOVED notifications on my Torch, so I naturally want an OS 6 upgradeable device. I use my phone for maps and slacker radio.

Anyway, considering Bold 9780, Pearl 3G, Style (GSM), or Torch. I'm on a NA GSM carrier, and preferably want it unlocked., or with AT&T. AT&T 3G is a +. Does anyone know where to buy BB's sans contract online? I don't want a shady site either.

Cons of each, IMO:
    1. Bold 9780-- Expen$ive
    2. Pearl 3G-- Not sure about suretype, and I suffer from a case of sausage fingers.
    3. Style-- Is there a GSM version?
    4. Torch-- Had it, but was unsure about stability of the slider.

Probably get the Torch, or Style if I can.
    Help, thanks.
    12-27-10 11:02 AM
    No, the Style is a CDMA only device, it does not support GSM.

Bold 9780 or Torch are probably your best bets. Only place I know if where you can buy a BB without a contract is on Ebay or Craigslist.
    12-27-10 11:15 AM
    Style is a CDMA device, non-3G. You missed the Curve 3G, the keys are great for thick fingered people. If you don't mind it, that thing is a budget level bold in my opinion amnd is compatible with OS 6 once an official release hits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 11:18 AM
    No, the Style is a CDMA only device, it does not support GSM.

Bold 9780 or Torch are probably your best bets. Only place I know if where you can buy a BB without a contract is on Ebay or Craigslist.
    Ebay and craigslist both run the risk for stolen handsets, finding the best retailer that offers a non-contract (no term) price will give you the option to save money. I wouldn't go the ebay or craigslist way. Some get ripped off, sellers aren't always honest and most could be water damaged and the sellers could be dishonest not to say anything and list it as "excellent condition", only to grab the cash and run for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-10 11:21 AM
    My vote: Torch.
    12-27-10 11:22 AM
    Yeah, I'd never trust Ebay or CL for BB, not interested in receiving blacklisted devices.

I loved the Curve when I got to hold it, but the camera has no flash.
    I think I'm going with the Torch, again.

Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by manoli; 12-27-10 at 10:13 PM.
    12-27-10 11:45 AM
    Get the BB Torch.
    12-27-10 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD