I just encountered a strange situation here. 2 nights ago with my new torch at my friend's place. I tried using wifi it showed that it was connected but once I tried browsing it then bounced me out. This was with his torch (it was black it that matters)

Today I tried again at home, no problem whatsoever. This was with my own (a white one)

I don't think color matters. But does anybody know of any QC issues with torch wifi?

I tried using the search option but couldn't find any discussion that relates to wifi connectivity issues in 2 separate locations (both with secured networks)

tia
    11-25-10 09:45 PM
    no but they will act differently with different routers. this is not specific to the torch. there are many reasons for this including what standard is the router, brand, firmware, what channel is used and encryption etc...
    11-25-10 09:58 PM
    no but they will act differently with different routers. this is not specific to the torch. there are many reasons for this including what standard is the router, brand, firmware, what channel is used and encryption etc...
    Exactly.
    And depending on standard and channel, there can always be interference issues too.

And sometimes the router needs to be rebooted, just a battery pull for our BBs.
    11-25-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD