Just thought i should post this in the forum in case people are having wifi issues. The torch works best when used with the following encryption:

WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

It likes the WPA-2 best, if you are using WEP it runs very slow if at all, so for those of you not using wifi because it never works well check your encryption.

Just an FYI for anyone having issues.

Good luck and enjoy ur phones
    08-31-10 02:29 PM
    please im having serious issues with my wifi..when i connect to a network, the green process bar never goes away even after the device is showing that it is connected in the background and when i try to browse, it says device cannot connect to the internet.. what can i do? iv tried battery pulling and whatnot but the problem still persists both with my home networkand publicnetworks..
    09-27-10 10:06 AM
    Just thought i should post this in the forum in case people are having wifi issues. The torch works best when used with the following encryption:

WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]

It likes the WPA-2 best, if you are using WEP it runs very slow if at all, so for those of you not using wifi because it never works well check your encryption.

Just an FYI for anyone having issues.

Good luck and enjoy ur phones
    please where do i go to find this encryption you are talking about..this ismy first blackberry and it is frustrating me..
    10-03-10 07:22 AM
    please where do i go to find this encryption you are talking about..this ismy first blackberry and it is frustrating me..
    The encryption he is referring to is on your router. You will have to log into it to set that up.
    10-07-10 09:05 PM
    I've got wpa tkip and it takes 30 seconds or more to load Drudge or Yahoo. Slowwww beyond belief. I'll return it in a day or two if I can't get it right.
    04-16-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD