Ok so I jusr got my torch yesterday and I have ny wifi on but when I check my data it says its being used I'm limited on data with this plan so any assistance would be helpful.
    01-13-11 02:07 AM
    That just means it may not be seeing BIS of wifi. Do you see the BB icon next to the wifi icon or 3G icon?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 06:11 AM
    The BB logo is next to the wifi and data is still be ing used
    01-13-11 03:51 PM
    On my torch I have all the icons (3G, BB data attach indicator and wifi) but when I go to the browser only wifi (and the bb data attach indicator) will show. I also have a limited plan but of course when I leave home the data is used, so far it has not been a problem for me but is your data being used when you are home??
    01-13-11 08:30 PM
    When I am home its still using data and wifi is on
    01-13-11 09:02 PM
    What apps are you using? Some apps will only work over the carrier data and others have settings to use wifi or carrier data.
    01-13-11 09:15 PM
    Facebook and browser

Edit: also how do I get crackberry back to Mobile view
    Last edited by dazed760; 01-14-11 at 03:21 PM.
    01-14-11 03:20 AM
    So you know you are using data (in the browser for instance) because when you browse, the 3G symbol shows? If the wifi symbol is showing (again for instance in the browser) it is not possible that you are using data... remember if you check your data usage with the carrier it can be delayed/update at random.. We would also have to accept the possibility that your phone could be defective or a problem with wifi, have you successfully used wifi anywhere (starbucks, or mcdonalds for example)? If it never works I'd try an exchange or to run a test with the data connection disabled all together (so wifi only)... gl
    01-15-11 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD