I haven't looked this up so forgive me if its already posted.

I have the torch a few months now and though its a great phone. One thing that bugs me is that 2 second lag .

When I'm at home it doesn't annoy me as much but when I'm at work and busy . Its bugs the crap out of me .

So to make a long story short . By pure luck one day I was in the inbox and decided to delete everything using delete prior. When I picked up the phone and starting using it again . The lag was gone .

When I was home that night I did the same thing and everything was faster .

Opening apps ,
    App switching
    Internet
    Loading pic's
    Etc etc .

Has anyone noticed this before and is there anyway I can set it up too delete every couple of hours . Something like my weather app which updates every 6 hours .

I know about the delete after 15 days but that's too much time .

Any help would be great guys .
    Thanks in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 08:37 PM
    The Torch has had lag issues since day one. An underpowered processor and a lacking OS makes this so. If you would have did your homework and looked up reviews you would have seen this this is a common issue with the Torch.
    06-07-11 08:49 PM
    You'll find that there are a few things that will slow things down: the number of messages in the inbox, number of SMS messages, open BBM chats, large number of tasks, BBM Groups, and other PIM data. The more items you use, the more things are cached into memory.

Closing BBM conversations, clearing completed tasks, clearing out old messages, and such will free up memory and help things run faster.
    06-07-11 09:04 PM
    seeing as there hasn't been a useful post in the thread yet

Currently 15 days is the fastest you can clear your messages, IF this 2 second lag is such an issue after reading an email that will not require follow up press the RED X and delete only on handheld, then later you can review them on your desktop if you find you need them later.
    06-07-11 10:54 PM
    The Torch has had lag issues since day one. An underpowered processor and a lacking OS makes this so. If you would have did your homework and looked up reviews you would have seen this this is a common issue with the Torch.
    It feels so good not having to worry about that anymore
    If you don't want to be helpful, may I suggest....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/

OP, besides what deRusett said, you may want to investigate some other OS's. Don't bother asking what's best, or reading the threads, that's a waste. Try the last few leaks or official, each one for a couple days, with pleanty of battery pulls in the first, and see what performs well for you.
    06-08-11 12:52 AM
    The new blackberrys should clear up this whole lag issue (Torch2 including).
    06-08-11 03:22 AM
    OP - I have a Torch, and it is much, much less laggy than my Atrix. I have MeterBerry on it, and it does a reset every morning. You might want to consider that. I'm also fanatical about cleaning up old emails and messages. And Facebook! I clean up those notifications.
    It runs very smoothly, the last OS really helped things like YouTube, to which I'm addicted.
    I might suggest trying dR's approach and/or getting MeterBerry.
    06-08-11 03:31 AM
    Yeah, don't forget clearing out the cache in facebook, twitter and browser, you can only do it manually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 03:43 AM
    I still do not use disposable BB gemini Tourch
    06-08-11 04:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD