I can only connect to my home wifi with my Blackberry Torch if I disable the security on my wifi. I really dont like leaving my internet open like that, but I dont have an unlimited data plan with ATT so I need to be able to use my home internet.

I have a Netgear WPN824v3 wireless router and my blackberry shows that it is connected, but the BB can not aquire an IP address, except if I disable my WPA-PSK [TKIP] passcode and leave internet connection open.

Any suggestions on how to get my BB to connect to my Netgear Router?
    Last edited by devilish47; 12-11-10 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Fix Title
    12-11-10 05:20 PM
    This thread has been resolved. I was able to find the solution in another thread here. All I had to do was switch my security to WPA2. If you are having the same issue as I did, here is a link to the thread.

Well I would have posted a link but I can not post it yet because I dont have enough posts lol, so I will post the name of the Thread and the authors name.
    12-11-10 05:47 PM
    Thread name: WIFI IP address issue

Author: ashjm

I hope this helps anybody who went as crazy as I did for hours trying to figure out why I couldnt connect to my home wifi without disabling my security.
    12-11-10 05:49 PM
    This thread has been resolved. I was able to find the solution in another thread here. All I had to do was switch my security to WPA2. If you are having the same issue as I did, here is a link to the thread.

Well I would have posted a link but I can not post it yet because I dont have enough posts lol, so I will post the name of the Thread and the authors name.
    The search tool on this forum is a great utility. Good to see you are using it!
    12-11-10 05:50 PM
    Man, I have been all over this site for hours LOL. After tireless searching, I decided to join and just post the stinking question. I read so many solutions to this and to see how simple the solution was, I just wanna smack myself for not joining as soon as I had the problem, probably could have saved myself hours of searching different sites.
    12-11-10 06:01 PM
    This is my first BlackBerry and my first touch screen and my first, I guess, good phone. I upgraded from the first BlackJack, so you can imagine how behind the times I am. Its funny too, because I wasnt even going to get the phone but Bestbuy was offering the Torch, Iphone and several others for free if you upgraded your contact, so I just went for it. I liked the BlackBerry Torch, so I got it. Its a great phone.
    12-11-10 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD