Hi

I've a recurring problem when using my Torch with the likes of Foursquare, Facebook Places and Google Maps where the GPS just never seems to get my location.

Is this likely to be something to do with the fact that I'm linked to a BlackBerry Enterprise Server? I can access the Internet just fine, and can tweet and send status updates on Facebook - just no location.

Has anyone seen anything similar?

Andy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 05:00 AM
    First, make sure your GPS is configured properly. In Options / Advanced Options / GPS, ensure GPS Services is set to "Location On" and Location Aiding is "Enabled."

Then test your GPS. Go to Options / Status. Type the letters test. You won't see them echoed on the screen. You'll be given the option to run the internal self-tests. Go outdoors with a clear view of the sky and run the GPS test. If it passes, then it may be that your BES is blocking those apps. If it fails, then either you have a defective GPS receiver, or possibly your BES has disabled the GPS service. I've never heard of that with BES (mine doesn't do it). If your BlackBerry fails the GPS internal self-test, you have a reason to call your IT dept and ask about it. Unfortunately, depending on your IT department, the guy you talk to may or may not be willing or able to tell you what the BES is doing.
    UKHack likes this.
    03-26-11 06:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD