I've had my torch 9800 now for a year and a half. I went on a trip with it to a foreign country and, I connected it to a computer in a cafe. When I got home, I realized that 390 of my musics were gone along with some pictures. So I got home and I reformated the media card, and wiped my device, and restored them to a previously backed-up file. After I did that, I noticed that most of my musics and pictures were still gone.

Anyway, I always individually save music and pictures on my computer. And some musics I had not backed up on my computer I got from the internet, I re downloaded them.

It's been a week later, and the same thing happened again.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? I even did a virus scan and nothing came up. But I know it's some sort of malware or at least that's what I think. Please help...
    03-17-12 02:26 PM
    Sounds like your media card is faulty. Put the card in your computers card reader, re format the card then copy back your files. Check that all the files can then be read back on the computer. If not, it's bound to be a faulty card.

If they look OK, put the card back in the phone and see how you go.
    03-17-12 02:36 PM
    Sounds like your media card is faulty. Put the card in your computers card reader, re format the card then copy back your files. Check that all the files can then be read back on the computer. If not, it's bound to be a faulty card.

If they look OK, put the card back in the phone and see how you go.
    My computer doesn't have a card reader
    03-17-12 02:51 PM
    Sorry, just assumed that it would have one.

Try your card in someone else's phone after you have reloaded it.
    03-17-12 03:22 PM
    Why not buy a card reader for your computer?

In the UK you can get a USB version from the pound shop. Yes, that's right, there only 1.
    03-17-12 03:38 PM
    Why not buy a card reader for your computer?

In the UK you can get a USB version from the pound shop. Yes, that's right, there only 1.
    Will look that up on amazon! Thanks a lot
    03-17-12 09:11 PM
    You will find the loading of the card so much faster using the card reader. It's a good investment.

Best of luck.
    03-17-12 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD