Hello all
    New here my storm is in the crapper and its time for a new phone......

Bold or Torch ??????? What should i buy ?????

P.S I hated my Storm..
    08-29-10 08:12 PM
    Two very different devices obviously. One is GSM the other CDMA. If you like the slider then you might the Torch. The Bold is an amazing device though. Trackpad , great keyboard, 512mb of memory, wifi. It also will soon be running BB6.
    08-29-10 09:07 PM
    i would never get a touch screen bb. get the bold
    08-29-10 11:04 PM
    Two very different devices obviously. One is GSM the other CDMA. If you like the slider then you might the Torch. The Bold is an amazing device though. Trackpad , great keyboard, 512mb of memory, wifi. It also will soon be running BB6.
    Bold 9700 is GSM.
    I think you forgot you're using a Tour II *joshing ya!*
    08-30-10 12:07 AM
    It really comes down to the h/w and form factor; which feels like your device? The Bold 97xx will get OS 6 SOON!!! If you can't wait get the Torch 9800.

And yeah, both of them are GSM. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 12:59 AM
    Tough decission...............Both =)
    08-30-10 01:10 AM
    I like the looks of the Torch, but the Bold 9700 is a great device. I think it is the most efficient smartphone I have ever used. I love that battery life on it. I would be on it all day and still go to be with half the battery still there. I have yet to find a smartphone that would even come close to that. It is truly an amazing device even running OS 5 which I am still a big fan of. Even without the webkit browser.

08-30-10 02:18 AM
    For what I know and heard, I still like my 9650 bold and waiting for OS 6

08-30-10 03:25 AM
    Are you going to wait for the storm 3 ?

08-30-10 04:08 AM
    9700, Been with it for a while and like it.

There's nothing bad about it.

08-30-10 04:19 AM
    Unless you are using an unlocked storm on AT&T or reside outside of the U.S., I think it really comes down to a carrier decision. For me, AT&T's coverage is much weaker than Verizon in my area so the torch is not a consideration. If you don't mind switching carriers and coverage is equally as good than its a form factor choice. Try both and see which one you enjoy using more. The whole touch screen vs. non-touch screen bb debate is too personal a choice to listen to anyone else.

08-30-10 06:26 AM
    Are you going to wait for the storm 3 ?

Didn't like the storm at all! and would not consider it again.

i am only considering the torch because it has the key board....

I do like the big screen and the media capabilities on the storm but thats about it....
    08-30-10 12:37 PM
    You'd be better off with the Bold.

08-30-10 12:40 PM
    Unless you are using an unlocked storm on AT&T or reside outside of the U.S., I think it really comes down to a carrier decision. For me, AT&T's coverage is much weaker than Verizon in my area so the torch is not a consideration. If you don't mind switching carriers and coverage is equally as good than its a form factor choice. Try both and see which one you enjoy using more. The whole touch screen vs. non-touch screen bb debate is too personal a choice to listen to anyone else.

Either phone would be coming to Canada and would be running on the Telus network... the torch is not available here yet and i would in fact need to get an unlocked one from the US
    08-30-10 12:41 PM
    Bold hands down
    08-30-10 12:42 PM
    Didn't like the storm at all! and would not consider it again.

i am only considering the torch because it has the key board....

I do like the big screen and the media capabilities on the storm but thats about it....
    What exactly didn't you like about the Storm? The Torch is not the same type of touchscreen so it's much easier to use. And along with the keyboard, trackpad and OS 6 with the WebKit browser, the Torch has the best of all BBs combined and then some. Plus the battery life is incredible. I can go close to 2 days before having to charge again. Could never do that on my Bold 9000. I haven't touched my Bold since I got my Torch on launch day, it's so much more versatile than any other phone I wouldn't even consider or recommend anything else.
    08-30-10 02:22 PM
    What exactly didn't you like about the Storm? The Torch is not the same type of touchscreen so it's much easier to use. And along with the keyboard, trackpad and OS 6 with the WebKit browser, the Torch has the best of all BBs combined and then some. Plus the battery life is incredible. I can go close to 2 days before having to charge again. Could never do that on my Bold 9000. I haven't touched my Bold since I got my Torch on launch day, it's so much more versatile than any other phone I wouldn't even consider or recommend anything else.
    My biggest dislike was the screen typing was hard and the screen was fragile... on the other hand for media the screen was great... battery life was a prob as well other then that work like every other crack berry i have had.

I hunt a lot so key board is an absolute necessity touch screens don't work with gloves.
    08-30-10 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD