Hi everyone...I have the Bold 9650 with OS 6. Just wondering when Verizon plans on putting out the latest and greatest BB. Any rumors or known facts? I heard BB is coming out with some super phones for Verizon In September 2011. Anyone hearing the same or am I just wishing away my life and should make a switch?
    03-16-11 03:23 PM
    Wishing your life away, unless you just wait for the s3 with no keyboard.
    03-16-11 03:24 PM
    September, eh? That just happens to be my birthday month...thanks for the possible tip ^^
    I think I'll hang around here and hear what everyone else has to say.
    03-16-11 03:47 PM
    The cdma roadmap is already out and about.
    03-16-11 03:51 PM
    Verizon will probably have the Monaco (Storm3???) next probably Summerish, then hopefully, the Montana (Bold Touch) Fallish. Least those are my educated guesses.
    03-16-11 03:53 PM
    I havent heard anything about a new bLlackberry on Verizon.
    03-23-11 11:35 AM
    As papped says, there are 2011 roadmaps around somewhere for both GSM and CDMA phones. I'll be dipped if I can find 'em, but they both have a couple targeted for May-June and another for around August, I think. Not sure about specific timing, but one is a Bold Touch, one is a very slick looking update to the Curve w/o touch screen, and one looks like a touch-screen-only, probably Storm 3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 03-23-11 at 12:39 PM.
    03-23-11 12:37 PM
    I actually like the form factor of the Torch and was annoyed when it went to AT&T. I hope that maybe we will get something like that as I like the idea of having a physical keyboard when needed.
    03-23-11 02:08 PM
    I actually like the form factor of the Torch and was annoyed when it went to AT&T. I hope that maybe we will get something like that as I like the idea of having a physical keyboard when needed.
    I think you can thank Verizon for passing on that the first time around, and the CDMA roadmap that's floating around doesn't show any signs of one coming, either. I really don't understand the point of that exclusivity nonsense, other than to illustrate that the US carriers carry way too much influence over the phone manufacturers. :/

I like the Torch a lot over the Bold because of the flexibility it allows between the touch screen, slider and trackpad. But the keyboard, while good for a slider, just isn't up to the comfort level of the candybar form factor BB's. I also find myself browsing in landscape mode much more often, which becomes a minor nuisance when I do need the keyboard (like right now). That's why I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Bold Touch, which I think might be an even better implementation of all those user input options. What I'd like even more than that is a landscape slider, but there's not so much as a hint of a rumor on something like that on any carrier so far.

03-23-11 02:39 PM
    I loved mine while I had it, before I crushed it. Can't wait for the Torch 2.
    03-23-11 03:21 PM
    Spend more tome on CB and you would have seen the Roadmap on all the new BB devices both CDMA and GSM and there is also a thread under Rumored devices that you can read as well.
    03-23-11 07:15 PM
    Spend more tome on CB and you would have seen the Roadmap on all the new BB devices both CDMA and GSM and there is also a thread under Rumored devices that you can read as well.
    WebbyBabe has been spamming the forums all day with useless and redundant posts. Must be trying to up their post count to use the Marketplace or something...
    03-23-11 08:01 PM
    @ridesno159 while I agree with what you said there's a mod who might see it otherwise. But I still love CB and reading the forums.

03-24-11 07:34 AM
    Verizon definitely needs to add some new Blackberry phones. They are practically all Android now for smartphones.
    03-25-11 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD