I have got roch 9810 its not working on wifi it says "unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.
    If the problem presits please contact your service provider"

I dont have data services activatated and no bbm service aswell.
    I want to use wifi, wifi works fine on my laptops but does not work on 9810.
    my router model is TP LINK 54M Wireless Router
    Model No. TL-WR340G/TL-WR340GD.
    Wifi works fine on my iphone and other devices aswell.
    Kindly tell me whats the procedure
    thanks
    05-02-12 04:59 AM
    Is wifi turned on on the device? does it see the wifi and cannot connect? Little more info is needed.
    05-02-12 06:54 AM
    yes it stays connected but does not uses the wifi router.
    the SSID name of wifi is shown on the home screen next to my service provider, but when i try to use internet it says ""unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.
    Moreover, if i select Data services as "ON" the internet starts working but that uses my money through my service provider.

please help. OS is 7.0

thanks
    05-02-12 01:32 PM
    yes it stays connected but does not uses the wifi router.
    the SSID name of wifi is shown on the home screen next to my service provider, but when i try to use internet it says ""unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.
    Moreover, if i select Data services as "ON" the internet starts working but that uses my money through my service provider.

please help. OS is 7.0

thanks
    Email, browser and BBM all use BIS/BES as transport, even over wifi. If you haven't signed up through your carrier for BIS (usually at additional cost to some data plan), then your connection to your router may take you only that far. Because the apps aren't finding the connection. If you are truly connected to your router and the phone has the correct password to use your router, then you should be able to shut off mobile network without shutting off data services and most things should still work -- except phone calls. You shouldn't have to shut off data services -- whether it's wifi or mobile, it's still data. Shutting off data instead of just the mobile network will shut off all data access. Unless your carrier does interesting things like billing for all data, including that which doesn't use the mobile network, you shouldn't be billed for wifi. And the 9810's standard priorities are that wifi gets used instead of mobile data, if both are connected.
    05-02-12 02:13 PM
    Can you please elaborate, what option do I have instead of activating BIS and using internet on wifi. I was unaware of this and i ran out of credit in the first 2 days when the data services were "ON".
    help me a solution please
    05-02-12 07:26 PM
    Can you please elaborate, what option do I have instead of activating BIS and using internet on wifi. I was unaware of this and i ran out of credit in the first 2 days when the data services were "ON".
    help me a solution please
    If you drill down through the menus and turn data off, that shuts off ALL data. Instead, on the home screen, tap the top bar (where you access wifi, bluetooth and your carrier network. You can turn wifi on from there, also setting access to any new wifi connections. You can also turn your connection to your carrier on or off there. If you leave both on, wifi has priority for data and you still get phone calls. If you leave only wifi on, you still get data over wifi, but no phone calls. And there are some apps that will only work over your carrier's data network. So, those won't work with only wifi running.

As for activating BIS, it sounds like that's already been done. But check with your carrier.
    05-03-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD