i'm a bb fan hard core business user for the keyboard/email/bbm and have a torch 9800, when i see the torch 9810 i feel a little intrigued to change because of the superior hardware and os7, but the design doesn't really stand out, i would have expected and liked a better and newer design, probably a torch 9850 look a little bigger because of the sliding keyboard... but what a great looking device... would you stick with the old torch, change to a superior keyboardless device or wait for next generation devices next year... i really don't see myself upgrading for the same kind/look device
    07-17-11 05:42 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

If you're very dependent on the keyboard, then there's really no 'superior' touch-only device out there that can substitute. That's the boat I'm in -- I have to have a keyboard (but I also like the look and feel of BBOS over the other mobile OS's out there, too). Do you like how the Torch currently feels for you? That's really more important than a newer design. I'm more concerned with what's under the hood. It took me over 6 months, but I finally got comfortable with the Torch's keyboard coming from a Bold 9000. Now I'm very anxious to see what kind of improvement the 9810 is over the original, as I'm thinking that's going to be my next phone ... although I haven't completely ruled out the 9900 yet, which ironically looks very similar to the 9000. I really don't care how it looks as much as how it works.
    07-17-11 05:50 PM
    well your right, i feel pretty comfortable with the torch and the problem i really have is performance, it really sticks up at critical times, but at the end its a good enough device and now bridged with the playbook i get to extend performance using the playbook bbm or mail bridged instead of the torch so it doesn't stick up. the 9900 could be a good option as you say... lets see it out on the open and if +os7 is as good as it sounds 9810 will probably be the option.
    thanks
    07-17-11 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD