Check out this article on BGR. Gives some good incite on what customers of the BlackBerry curve iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S3 are complaining about with their phones.

m.bgr.com/2012/07/06/iphone-4s-galaxy-s-iii-study-problems-issues/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    07-09-12 11:46 AM
    I would but it's BGR. Not giving the dolt another hit.
    07-09-12 11:56 AM
    Top 5 Blackberry Curve Problems:

1. Random Reboots � 40%

2. Software Errors � 20%

3. Missing Applications � 20%

4. Memory Card Error � 10%

5. Other � 10%

Compared to the other platforms, curve issues seem more concerning...Samsung's primary issues are microphone malfuntion and battery life, Apple's main issue is battery life and wifi.

Random reboots are never a problem for me, as I need to reboot my BB anyway for application maintenance reasons. But I have experienced my share of puzzling software errors.
    rdkempt likes this.
    07-09-12 12:02 PM
    I would take the problems with any of the other phones than the Curve's... errors, reboots and missing applications are completely unacceptable and prevent the use of the device. Battery life can be fixed by charging it more or using a battery case - fixing random reboots and software issues is a whole other issue. Lol...
    07-09-12 12:11 PM
    Does it mention anywhere in that pile of drivel the actual occurrences of these errors -- for any device? It is absolutely meaningless unless there is some indication of x% of BlackBerry Curve users experience these issues vs. y% of the another brand/model experiencing its issues.
    07-09-12 12:41 PM
    BTW this isnt even a BGR post. It was done by Fixya. So now that you know that you can remove your BGR hate and actually read the article

FixYa’s report finds consumers plagued by Galaxy SIII and Galaxy Nexus microphone issues; iPhone 4S struggles with battery life; while the HTC Titan II registers some un-fixable problems

SAN MATEO, CALIF. (July 6, 2012) – Today FixYa, the leading product Q&A destination on the web, announces the first-ever report comparing consumer issues across all of the most popular smartphones including the newly-released Samsung Galaxy SIII, Apple iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, RIM Blackberry Curve, HTC Titan II, and the Nokia Lumia 900. With smartphones already accounting for more than half of mobile phones in the United States, the market is expanding at a rapid rate. FixYa’s Smartphone Report, released today, looks at market-leading devices and pits them against each other, basing its findings on thousands of troubleshooting requests posted by consumers on its product Q&A site.

With the just-launched Samsung Galaxy SIII claiming the most buzz of any current phone, competition in the smartphone market is as fierce as ever. Industry titans are rolling out new smartphones left and right, leaving consumers confused about which one to pick and whether they are buying a reliable product. The Fixya Smartphone Report seeks to provide clarity to consumers by highlighting the main troubleshooting trends across six of the standout devices.

Below are the top five problems for each device in the FixYa Smartphone Report, and the percentage of troubleshooting requests that fall into each problem category:

Top 5 Samsung Galaxy SIII Problems:

1. Microphone Malfunction – 50%

2. Battery Life – 15%

3. Device Gets Hot – 15%

4. Internet Connection Issues – 10%

5. Other – 10%

Top 5 Apple iPhone 4S Problems:

1. Battery Life – 45%

2. Can’t Connect Wi-Fi – 20%

3. Bluetooth Connection – 15%

4. Siri Complaints – 10%

5. Other – 10%

Top 5 Galaxy Nexus Problems:

1. Microphone Malfunction – 55%

2. Battery Life – 20%

3. Can’t Connect Wi-Fi – 10%

4. General Usability – 10%

5. Other – 5%

1. Random Reboots – 40%

2. Software Errors – 20%

3. Missing Applications – 20%

4. Memory Card Error – 10%

5. Other – 10%

Top 5 HTC Titan II Problems:

1. Screen Resolution – 35%

2. Can’t Find Applications – 20%

3. Camera Quality – 15%

4. Battery Life – 15%

5. Other – 15%

Top 5 Nokia Lumia 900 Problems:

1. Tinted Purple Screen – 25%

2. Camera Button – 20%

3. Can’t Find Applications – 20%

4. Battery Life – 20%

5. Other – 15%

FixYa compiled its latest report and how-to troubleshooting guide by sourcing data from its 25 million users and 15 million product problems and solutions. Those interested in viewing the full report as well as crowd-sourced solutions to each device’s top issues can do so here: http://blog.fixya.com/pr/july2012/fi...nes-report.pdf

“With all of the buzz that surrounds new smartphone releases, it is becoming increasingly important for consumers to see through the hype and understand the devices they are investing in,” says Fixya CEO Yaniv Bensadon. “The Fixya Smartphone Report reveals which devices have the edge and where even the top dogs struggle in the constantly evolving battle between iOS, Android, and their competition.”

FixYa brings consumers the most comprehensive solution database in the world. The FixYa Smartphone Report was generated from over 25 million users, 650,000 experts and 15 million product problems and solutions. FixYa’s unique access to crowd-sourced product Q&A from consumers grants the company transparent data that no other service can claim to provide. FixYa’s troubleshooting data comes from real-life consumer experience with products and product problems.

To learn more about the FixYa Smartphone Report, visit http://blog.fixya.com/pr/july2012/fi...nes-report.pdf.

To learn more about FixYa, visit Product Problem Support, Troubleshooting Help & Repair Solutions.
    07-09-12 12:59 PM
    Microphone malfunction? Interesting. I've never had that happen on any of my devices.
    07-09-12 01:04 PM
    I don't see the SG3 listed, but when I did a forum search of Android Central for "microphone" a bunch of Samsung devices popped up on the first page of results.

I also did not have purple tint on screen of my Nokia Lumia 900. However, that was a big complaint on the WPCentral forums.
    07-09-12 01:11 PM
    i've been using a berry for 3 years (bold 9700, now 9900) and the only application to ever go missing on me was AppWorld. that being said, it's never happened to me on my 9900. I've never experienced a reboot i didn't initiate or any memory card errors, though I have seen some cryptic software error messages.
    07-09-12 02:27 PM
    i've been using a berry for 3 years (bold 9700, now 9900) and the only application to ever go missing on me was AppWorld. that being said, it's never happened to me on my 9900. I've never experienced a reboot i didn't initiate or any memory card errors, though I have seen some cryptic software error messages.
    Does it mean apps literally disappearing, or apps available on other platforms missing from AppWorld? I think it's the latter.
    07-09-12 02:35 PM
    BTW this isnt even a BGR post. It was done by Fixya. So now that you know that you can remove your BGR hate and actually read the article
    You beat me to it.
    07-09-12 04:02 PM
    I don't see the SG3 listed, but when I did a forum search of Android Central for "microphone" a bunch of Samsung devices popped up on the first page of results.

I also did not have purple tint on screen of my Nokia Lumia 900. However, that was a big complaint on the WPCentral forums.
    Not sure if you meant the S3 by Samsung, but if so, it's the first one listed.

Battery life being #2 on the GS3... I've been hearing the opposite. With a 2100 mAh battery, I figured it would be the best of all the top smartphone devices out now.
    07-09-12 04:04 PM
    Not sure if you meant the S3 by Samsung, but if so, it's the first one listed.

Battery life being #2 on the GS3... I've been hearing the opposite. With a 2100 May battery, I figured it would be the best of all the top smartphone devices out now.
    What I meant is at the time I posted, I had just searched"microphone" on Android Central. The SG3 did not turn up in the top of the search results on AC, but other Samsung devices did.

I just wanted to see if posters on AC posted any threads about the microphone problem.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    07-09-12 04:12 PM
    What I meant is at the time I posted, I had just searched"microphone" on Android Central. The SG3 did not turn up in the top of the search results on AC, but other Samsung devices did.

I just wanted to see if posters on AC posted any threads about the microphone problem.

Ahhh... gotcha. I haven't heard about that either.
    07-09-12 04:15 PM
    Does it mean apps literally disappearing, or apps available on other platforms missing from AppWorld? I think it's the latter.
    not 100% sure as there is another option "can't find applications"... but sometimes i would go looking for my AppWorld icon and it wouldn't be where it was supposed to be.
    07-09-12 04:15 PM
    Ahhh... gotcha. I haven't heard about that either.
    That Fixya article is the first place I'd heard about supposed microphone problems on the SG3.

07-09-12 04:26 PM
    My son in law got a Curve 9350 back in March the 7.1 update was available for it soon as he bought it. we updated it to 7.1 and he has had no issues at all.

I wonder how many of the issues listed for the curve were early adopters with the 7.0 OS instead of with 7.1
    07-09-12 06:03 PM
    I don't care who wrote it, it still doesn't answer my question. Out of the millions of BlackBerry curves in use, there could be 10 of them with problems, four of which are random reboots, or there could be 1,000,000 with problems, 400,000 of which are random reboots, and the percentages in this 'report' would be the same. This tells me nothing about the relative reliability of the various devices. While people can squawk about the severity of reboots and software errors vs the others, these are meaningless figures unless we know how many of each of these devices are affected by their respective issues.
    07-09-12 06:22 PM
    The only thing i got is at the bottom

FixYa compiled its latest report and how-to troubleshooting guide by sourcing data from its 25 million users and 15 million product problems and solutions. Those interested in viewing the full report as well as crowd-sourced solutions to each device’s top issues can do so here: http://blog.fixya.com/pr/july2012/fi...nes-report.pdf
    I am not sure how exactly they got the numbers but i think in the past data from carrier call centers was obtained. The one thing i find odd is in the PDF they show a REALLY old curve so i hope that was not the actual curve model they were basing this off of
    07-09-12 06:26 PM
    Thanks for reminding me. If I want to know how good Apple is, I'll read BGR.

Seriously folks the Curve is a very, very reliable phone.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    07-09-12 06:28 PM
    I wonder which Curve is included in this report. I definitely can understand that an old Curve would have issues with random reboots, given its very limited memory. However, without any information about the actual device involved, no conclusions can be drawn.
    07-11-12 12:12 AM

1. Random Reboots � 40%

2. Software Errors � 20%

3. Missing Applications � 20%

4. Memory Card Error � 10%

5. Other � 10%

Compared to the other platforms, curve issues seem more concerning...Samsung's primary issues are microphone malfuntion and battery life, Apple's main issue is battery life and wifi.

Random reboots are never a problem for me, as I need to reboot my BB anyway for application maintenance reasons. But I have experienced my share of puzzling software errors.
    I would guess the 10 % below others would be the lackluster web browser isn't it?
    07-11-12 12:25 AM
    I can't believe that all four of the other entries were for specific devices, then they go with the entire curve line.

Obvousely not the 9350/60/70, as the list doesn't mention battery life but it does mention random reboots. The other three I can understand, as I've come across them once or twice.
    07-11-12 12:36 AM
    I've had approximately the same random reboot quantity as I had on my old Style, and I'm using a high-end dual-core Motorola. In fact, each of them has performed one this week. Both of them as I was loading them down with tasks. Considering a 1 Gig dual with a gig of RAM vs a 624 Mhz with 512 MB, there should be a fair gap. There isn't. My daughter's iPhone (3GS) has booted twice this evening.
    07-11-12 12:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD