TOP 13 CREEPY CRAWLERS TO SQUASH ARE:

1. Enable landscape rotation lock especially since charging port on side of phone makes browsing Web in portrait mode ridiculous. Or buy an L connector.

2. Enable app opening animation on same screen of opening app and not revert to active frames all the time. Too much frame movement is unnecessary. Too much animation can also have an effect on battery given how many times we launch apps a day. Yes I'm a true multi-tasker.

3. Make sure OpenGL is encapsulated throughout the OS to ensure uniformity and fluid experience on BB10 OS. Whether OpenGL is a built in framework or modular I don't know. Or at least leverage OpenGL api for all built in apps. IOS has no issue throughout their OS--every graphical movement on iOS seems accelerated, smooth, and crisp. Notice that when returning to Music app in Active frames screen, the OS redraws this animation with frame loss.

4. Increase swipe sensitivity to lower real estate distance when swiping. IOS seems to grab and hold for solid touch and gestures without "Slipping". This can be observed when you open Contacts app on BB10 and Address book on iOS: hold finger onto screen without letting go and rapidly move up and down to feel the difference. Not necessarily app specific.

5. Enable L and R audio balance in accessibility settings

6. Enable turning off ambient lighting brightness to display screen

7. Allow adding fonts to a folder made for dropping in new fonts.

8. Allow moving apps to sd card. Even if app launch time can be impacted, it's still our prerogative to save space.

9. Allow for saving to sd card from Web browser

10. Enable "select all" button in action menu system-wide for all apps. Or better yet, improve text selecting, copying and pasting. IOS puts this right at your fingertips tip without the need for reverting action menu. It may have been patented by Apple if I remember correctly. Select all text by just holding down a word doesn't work everywhere in BB10 and works differently in every app. Uniformity.

11. Composing Email: Pasting into email when copying paragraphs from Remember app loses all format of spacing and becomes a gigantic block of texts. Unless select all is used and Share is clicked or pasting into Docs2Go.

12. Add undo button when composing email--i haven't found it.

13. Add undo button for Remember app. IOS has shake to undo which is "admirable".

At this point, you guys might burn me, ban me and tell me to go back to iOS. Without a doubt, there is potential for BB10 and these are feature requests more than anything [edited]. I still respect the brand, but BB10 needs polishing. It is a critical stance I'm taking or seem ungrateful, but Steve Jobs was never grateful when it came to designing--you can never be too anal when it comes to method of functionality and design--forget UI aesthetics. My biggest gripe is uniformity and how BB10 functions. I still laud Apple for uniformity in their iOS because it lowers our learning curve and empowers every user without the need to waste time in trying to figure out how to use everything. Call me stupid, but I'm still trying to figure out how to select, copy and paste text on my Z10. Though it's part of the Action menu within every app, the basic functionality of select, copy, cut and paste should be stickied to uniformity throughout the OS. Given how much we write on our BlackBerries, we shouldn't need to re-learn how to copy and paste every time there's a new app.

I've made the jump to BlackBerry in full faith after having been with iOS since 2007. I'd say a good development platform, as well as a platform for good user experience, means a platform not only has good API to frameworks, but uniformity throughout the OS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 04-02-13 at 10:32 PM.
    04-02-13 05:41 PM
    Some really good points

I would like email filters to be able to be saved to the hub.

j

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-02-13 06:12 PM
    I especially like number 2. CB 10 need to fix the meaningless frequent active frame refreshes.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    04-02-13 06:23 PM
    9 is not an issue. I've been saving all kinds of media to the sd card from the browser.

Not sure what you mean by "Undo Button." I have found it very easy to undo text or cancel emails.

Agreed that selecting and cutting and pasting is a PITA. I was spoiled by the physical keyboard and track pad, I guess.

I find the OS very consistent, personally, worlds ahead of iOS, actually. In fact, it would surprise me if iOS7 turned out to be anything but a sad copy of this bad boy.

The only real complaint I have with the Z10 is that it can be unresponsive when switching between portrait and landscape. Sometimes (not often) I have to touch twice to get a response, especially on the camera buttons.

Other than that, it's silky smooth, though.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:25 PM
    I'm having a hard time copy and paste. I guess I was used to the Bold 9900.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 06:33 PM
    Good list. I'm certain that we'll see at least a few of your suggestions implemented into future updates soon. I really like #2 and #10. #2 doesn't really bother me, but the option to maybe disable the animation and go straight into the app (or not even allow the option toggle) wouldn't bother me. Really, I don't have any issues with the OS so far, but I know there are things (like this list) that can get annoying.

If you don't mind, I, too have a suggestion. Mine would be to, perhaps, give the user the option to turn off "Hub memory." What I mean is that once such an option is enabled, once the user exits the Hub and enters the next time, instead of them having to swipe back and scroll to the top of their messages, it would just automatically start at the most recent message. It's not a huge issue or problem, but one which I've seen enough complaints about to maybe warrant an alteration.
    chrysaurora and Khanhye East like this.
    04-02-13 06:36 PM
    I used to have problems with the UI but then I sucked it up and decided to learn how to use the damn thing. Day 2 was much easier.

Posted via CB10 with my Z10
    04-02-13 06:43 PM
    You actually have some very good points that most people would like to see in up coming update. Obviously, Even though the OS is pretty smooth as of now; however it is still immature and has a lot of things need to be fixed and added. I would rather see more posts like yours with clear and valid points rather a vague and intended to bash BB
    04-02-13 06:47 PM
    These are things you would like to see changed, sure, but are they bugs?

When I was a software developer we called most of these feature requests.

Just sayin'...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:04 PM
    Definitely feature requests - not bugs. Bugs are when you do something and get an unexpected result. Asking for more fonts, volume adjustments, and such are good requests, but they aren't functions gone wrong.

Posted via CB10
    a.crews likes this.
    04-02-13 08:10 PM
    14. Big bug: build-in apps does not work together ! I had read text, email but Hub still show unread.
    15. Random freeze.
    16. My skill on battery pull improved with Z10
    04-02-13 08:16 PM
    Definitely feature requests - not bugs. Bugs are when you do something and get an unexpected result. Asking for more fonts, volume adjustments, and such are good requests, but they aren't functions gone wrong.

Posted via CB10
    You are also right, but to each his own:

"There's no difference between a bug and a feature request from the user's perspective. If you want to do something with an application (or website) and you can't do it because that feature isn't implemented -- how is that any different than not being able to do something due to an error message?"
    04-02-13 08:37 PM
    You are also right, but to each his own:

"There's no difference between a bug and a feature request from the user's perspective. If you want to do something with an application (or website) and you can't do it because that feature isn't implemented -- how is that any different than not being able to do something due to an error message?"
    There is a big difference between a bug and a feature request. A bug is "When I do this X Happens" a feature request is "In landscape mode on the browser I wish my bookmarks showed Up". See the difference?

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    04-02-13 08:42 PM
    I'd like the App Icons to be more uniform. I'd like the music app to have an alpha-slyder and search by song title mode. I'd like the alarm clock to not round minutes by intervals of 5 and the text editing "Magnifying Glass" to be tighter in performance. I'd like the apps to behave in "Showcase Mode" a la PlayBook OS and the ability to manually size images before assigning them to Wallpaper. If the settings pull down slider went all the way, it be cool to have 6 custom settings slots too.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:45 PM
    100% agree with copy and paste, the feature is crap and making the iOS copy paste feels like a godsend.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 08:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd have to go with this point of view. Too often in these threads the want of a new feature is described as a "bug" complaint notwithstanding the device is functioning as designed. Maybe complainers feel their request will be given a higher priority or will at least be looked at if they use pejorative terms about the current / existing design and set of features.
    04-02-13 08:58 PM
    14. Big bug: build-in apps does not work together ! I had read text, email but Hub still show unread.
    +1 here. I hope that this will be solved with next release. You get the notification and jump to the hub which takes you right to the open message, but the notification count doesn't go down until you go all the way into the hub's list view. It should be counted as read when you lay eyes on it.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 09:42 PM
    . . . I'd like the music app to have an alpha-slyder and search by song title mode. I'd like the alarm clock to not round minutes by intervals of 5 and the text editing "Magnifying Glass" to be tighter in performance.
    The alpha slider is a great idea. They should be the rule, not the exception, when long scrolling tasks are to be supported.

With respect to the magnifying glass, why doesn't it show the image away from where your finger is? This makes it hard to finely place the cursor because it's hard to see around your finger. Also, it usually disappears on me before the job is done.

Posted via CB10
    thekidshop and Canadarrryl like this.
    04-02-13 09:53 PM
    Most of them are good points but they are not necessarily BUGS now are they?

Posted via CB10
    Edmo likes this.
    04-02-13 10:04 PM
    My biggest gripe is when I want to delete a letter in a text field. It's a PITA to get the cursor where I want it. I would love some keys to move the cursor around.
    04-02-13 10:07 PM
    15. Random freeze.
    16. My skill on battery pull improved with Z10
    Was a nice real list then you come here and spout BS. Ruins the thread when non owners pretend they have a z10.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm and ghundiraj like this.
    04-02-13 10:15 PM
    Nice requests, but not bugs.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:25 PM
    I didn't get #4 but other than that the list is pretty solid.
    I would hope that many of the issues are works in progress and will be addressed. My feeling is too many cooks in the kitchen with limited time.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 10:31 PM
    Makes me wonder if I should just stay with my 9930???? Harder to learn when you're older....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-02-13 11:06 PM
    Find it hard to believe you can have a few good points and then ruin your credibility by calling them bugs? Doesn't make sense. Anyway, I'm sure some of these will be addressed for your liking. Now make a list of the top 13 miracles of the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-13 11:14 PM
66 123