9.) Google Maps
    8.) Beyond411
    7.) MobiPocket eBook Reader
    6.) JiveTalk
    5.) TeleNav
    4.) BlackBerry Smart HTML E-mail Viewer
    3.) PocketDay
    2.) Real iBerry Blocks
    1.) Viigo CrackBerry (I am so addicted to this...)
    03-12-08 03:22 PM
    Real iBerry Blocks is a theme so I don't know if that counts, but oh well.
    03-12-08 03:23 PM
    Well I don't have 10 but I do have a few that I like.

PocketDay Lists
    YoMotion Advanced Calculator (its a scientific calculator as well as a converstion tool for measurements)

I use both a quite a bit.
    03-12-08 06:14 PM
    Brilliant Thread! I've been wanting to turn this into a BlackBerry 101 Featured article.... so let's use this thread to collect some data. I'd actually like to see the favorites broken down into the following:

Top 10 Free Apps- opera mini, google maps, viigo crackberry, etc.
    Top 10 Paid Apps- flipside, googhelper, jivetalk, etc.
    Top 10 Subscription Apps simulsays, telenav, worldmate, etc.

I think Top GPS Apps would be a good category too!!!

Once we have a good selection of favorites on this thread, I'll do up the Top 10s with screenshots, descriptions, links to download, etc.

Let's keep em coming!!!
    03-12-08 06:24 PM
    Free apps: viigo, cb.com,google maps. That's all I need. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-08 06:29 PM
    Free:
    What Kevin said
    BBweather
    softreset
    Infospace findit
    BBlight
    03-12-08 06:31 PM
    my favorites are

viigo--can't live without it
    cb.com--need i say more?
    empower html--after trying both (empower and bb smart, i much prefer empower)
    soft reset--sure beats a battery pull

that's all, i'm pretty boring. the only other things besides themes i have are games, and well brickbreaker and lingo are my favs.
    03-12-08 06:42 PM
    03-12-08 06:46 PM
    Wow, and I was kind of feeling bad and noobish because I thought I was putting up a thread that had been done so many times before, haha.

Well let me edit what I put up then for what's free and what's not.

Free (This is in no particular order. In my opinion these are all great applications):
    - Opera Mini
    - Google Maps
    - Beyond411
    - Viigo Crackberry (this one I just can't get off from)

Paid (Once again in no particular order):
    - TeleNav
    - Real iBerry Blocks (This is a theme but it's oh so sweet. By far the best iPhone theme setup I've seen out there.)
    - JiveTalk
    - PocketDay
    - MobiPocket eBook Reader
    - BlackBerry Smart HTML E-mail Viewer

Anyone know where I can pick up BB Weather for my Crimson Curve? And anyone know of an application where I can take screenshots of my BlackBerry screen without the need of a computer? Like one where I can just take the picture of my screen from my Crimson and be able to save the picture to my BB or SIM card? Do they even make an application like that?

And about cb.com, is that an actual application I can download to my Crimson or are you guys just talking about the website?
    03-12-08 07:36 PM
    Do they make a SoftReset for the Curve as well?
    03-12-08 07:37 PM
    I think I saw a post that stated SoftReset
    would work on the curve. Anyhow here's my 10 cent worth

FREE
    abc news
    ESPN
    Disco Bowling
    Pub Checkers
    Digby

Paid

Data Vault
    03-12-08 07:52 PM
    Let's here them folks. Mine:

10.) Opera Mini
    9.) Google Maps
    8.) Beyond411
    7.) MobiPocket eBook Reader
    6.) JiveTalk
    5.) TeleNav
    4.) BlackBerry Smart HTML E-mail Viewer
    3.) PocketDay
    2.) Real iBerry Blocks
    1.) Viigo CrackBerry (I am so addicted to this...)
    What are Beyond411 and PocketDay?
    And what do you use MobiPocket eBook Reader for? I assume it can pull up books, but what's your daily purpose for it?
    03-12-08 08:08 PM
    Ya you can download CB to your phone. I think it was wap.CrackBerry.com

03-12-08 08:08 PM
    Beyond411 is exactly like the name implies: it does the 411 like when you dial it up to call information for phone numbers and addresses, plus more. It can look up Yellow Pages, White Pages, Weather, Movies, Sports, Shopping, and more. It's definitely useful if you're out and trying to find the number and address of a restaurant you want to go to and such. The setup is really easy to use and it gets you the information you need quick and with detail.

PocketDay is kind of like a theme but it's actually in the form of a program. Although it's not free they do have a demo version of it out if you want to download it and give it a try. PocketDay is a powerful application that takes up your entire screen, but it helpfully lists your Missed Calls, Inbox for Texts and E-mail, your Tasks, To Do list, your Calendar, and it even shows the weather in push I believe as well as stocks and a Google search engine. It's also entirely customizable which is an awesome plus to add (the order of the items, font, colors, etc.). They have different versions of PocketDay for like personal and business use depending on the needs for your BlackBerry. You can check it all out on their site if you want: PocketDay

MobiPocket eBook Reader is just for my books that I like to read on the go. Books can be purchased and downloaded from their website (Mobipocket.com - eBooks and ebook reader for your PC, PDA and Smartphone: Palm, Windows mobile, Symbian, Blackberry, or PocketPC.) and then you're free to carry and read them whenever you please. It's like carrying a mini-library in the palm of your hand. Setup is easy and pleasing to the eye, and the collection of books you can purchase and download is massive ranging from fiction, non-fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, and classics, to things like dictionaries, encyclopedias, reference books, and more. Check it out.
    Last edited by Ji1HoNg; 03-13-08 at 08:39 AM.
    03-13-08 08:33 AM
    Alrighty, why not?

Looks like my useful list comes right up to 10

Free apps:

Viigo, CB Edition of course!!!
    Medeival Kings' Chess II
    Google Maps (Just for the satellite view)
    BBLight
    BBWeather

Bought:

JiveTalk
    Ascendo Money

Subscribed:

Telenav (Nothing else offers all the features in one package)

And although they're not apps, let's not forget:

Goog411
    Google Text
    03-13-08 09:16 AM
    Anyone know where I can download BB Weather directly onto my Curve from my BB's browser?

Do they even make the BB Weather application for the Curve?
    03-13-08 09:35 AM
    Here's the link to download BBWeather OTA.

Yes it works fine on the Curve.

BlackBerryTools OTA
    03-13-08 10:13 AM
    What is BBlight?
    03-13-08 10:25 AM
    BBLight lets you adjust some settings to the backlight.
    03-13-08 10:26 AM
    It basically keeps the backlight on all the time (or whenever you set it to remain on.)
    03-13-08 10:26 AM
    Here's the link to download BBWeather OTA.

Yes it works fine on the Curve.

BlackBerryTools OTA
    I just downloaded BB Weather to my BB using this link. However once I try to access the application I get an error message stating that "No Weather Profiles Specified" and it locks up my BB. A battery pull unlocks the BB but upon accessing the application again it locks up again. I am not able to get to a place where I can enter a profile. Do I need to do something else?
    03-13-08 10:38 AM
    Instead of using your menu key to try to set the options, just click on the trackball. It will bring up the menu.
    03-13-08 10:43 AM
    Thanks for all the great sites! I have CB viigo on my phone but I feel like I'm missing all the fun. Help me out!!

Last edited by cables3; 03-13-08 at 11:54 AM.
    03-13-08 10:46 AM
    Instead of using your menu key to try to set the options, just click on the trackball. It will bring up the menu.
    Thank you! That worked. However, how do I find out my location code? I tried entering my zip code but that didn't work
    03-13-08 10:52 AM
    OK, I figured it out. I had to disable the MDS Proxy...
    03-13-08 11:56 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD