RIM, can you please add a simple line of code that will display the time in the internet browser bar? Everything else is displayed there.

And if the option already exists, can someone please yell at me, call me names, then kindly tell me how?

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 11:42 PM
    Why don't you just get an app like Menu Clock.
    09-13-11 12:10 AM
    I have the time at the top of QuickLaunch. I use the app SixTools to make the Volume & Mute keys into extra Convenience Keys. I click Volume Up on any screen and QL opens and shows me the time.
    09-13-11 12:19 AM
    Why don't you just get an app like Menu Clock.
    Yeah there's a few like that. Menu Clock and TellMe come to mind, but there's more.
    09-13-11 12:19 AM
    I'm aware of the apps, but thought it would be nice to just simply glance at the browser bar and see the time. Not having to use an app and click somewhere to see it, ya know. Plus, right now, I can see the site name and site icon, GPS, Bluetooth, wifi, BB (BIS), and wireless signal. I'd trade a few site name characters for the time. Wouldn't it be a really simple line of code for RIM to implement? I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

All I do now is BBmenu, switch to home, look at the time, BBMenu, switch to browser.

09-13-11 12:48 AM
    All I do now is BBmenu, switch to home, look at the time, BBMenu, switch to browser.
    The first part is easier by clicking your END key. (ie the hang-up button)
    That takes you to your Home Screen without closing anything.

In App World, you can download RIM's Feedback Tool app. It adds a "Submit Feedback" item to all your menus. So when you're in the Browser you could click MENU key, select Submit Feedback, and send a short note with your recommendation.
    That's the closest you'll get to directly communicating with them.
    09-13-11 12:58 AM
    Elite - thanks.

1). When I hit the end key, then won't it go right back to the home page.... Nevermind. Just tried it. THANKS!

2). AFAIK, the feedback tool still isn't OS7-compatible. I'll check again. OK-just checked. Still not available for OS7 devices.

Last edited by decypher44; 09-13-11 at 01:06 AM.
    09-13-11 01:02 AM
    I'm aware of the apps, but thought it would be nice to just simply glance at the browser bar and see the time. Not having to use an app and click somewhere to see it, ya know. Plus, right now, I can see the site name and site icon, GPS, Bluetooth, wifi, BB (BIS), and wireless signal. I'd trade a few site name characters for the time. Wouldn't it be a really simple line of code for RIM to implement? I don't know, just thinking out loud I guess.

Thought there should have been a clock in the header also for months. Don't want to hit end, just want to glance at the time in between reading posts!

09-13-11 01:03 AM
    Albee - YES! That's what I'm talking about.

09-13-11 01:04 AM
    I agree, there should be a clock there.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-13-11 01:38 AM
    Yeah there's a few like that. Menu Clock and TellMe come to mind, but there's more.
    Yep I have QuickLaunch too, been using it for a few weeks and still getting used to it having a time on there.
    09-13-11 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD