Is 30 or so apps too many? Despite having about 200MB left on phone memory. My phone is always breaking down. I was thinking of maybe just not downloading anything except, except the apps I got as a gift. I had a lot of games too, but I don't think I even played them. I hate losing my data and information and not being able to back it up.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 09-06-12 at 05:48 PM.
    09-06-12 05:46 PM
    It shouldn't affect your phone unless the apps are running background processes. If they're just games, they shouldn't be doing anything in the background.
    09-06-12 06:05 PM
    Exactly what I thought. Some reason when I do an app restore, I can't download anything... Only 5 apps normally run in my background, and they can't close anyway.
    09-06-12 06:12 PM
    It might be a hardware issue. Or there could be a bug in your specific OS version. Or maybe one of the apps is incompatible with your specific phone or is broken.
    09-06-12 07:17 PM
    What grahamf said. My phones in recent years almost always run 30 or more apps. Today 9 run all the time in the background. Never had a serious issue with 4 different BB models.
    09-06-12 07:29 PM
    Get to the engineering and check the processes running and sort them by heap size or cpu usage/time. What the app switcher says and what is actually in the background is completely different.
    09-06-12 08:46 PM
    I had a problem with my Torch 9800 whilst I was on holiday in the Caribbean earlier this year. The phone "nuked" (repeated rebooting) and I had to restore the phone using the wifi at the local telco.
    On my return to the UK, I was advised to limit the number of apps installed, which was already fewer than before, by a tech adviser at O2. The nuke could also be due to one of a couple of rogue apps that I had installed in preparation for my trip abroad. The initial problem has not been repeated.
    09-07-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD