Contact cleaner would work fine, but would be more difficult to find than alcohol. Perhaps an electronics/computer store? Or an automotive parts store like NAPA might carry it...

The stuff is harsher than alcohol as well; I believe it has benzene or xylene or something of that nature in it.
    Isohexane would work fine (electronics cleaner) but you'll have to disassemble most of the blackberry for it to be effective. Being under compression you have to watch out for blowing dirt/dust/goo/beer into the LCD and other locations that can cause more damage than you already have.If done correctly though, i see no problem in recovering your BB and bring it back to life.
    04-06-10 10:01 AM
    I'm wondering if it's easier just to send to Rogers and pay whatever to have it fixed
    Yesterday night all it kept doing was resetting itself over and over and over again, even while sitting on a flat surface. I'm not sure rinsing it would even do much good at this point.
    They won't even fix it. I had this same issue (with Rogers) with 7UP and Vodka. They just say "Well, you're pretty screwed, aren't you? Looks like I get to earn commission today by selling you a new or refurbished phone." This is regardless of your warranty situation, they don't cover liquid damage, accidental or intentional.

Also, if you already tried plugging it in or put the battery in (clearly you did as you said it was resetting over and over), it's done. There's already been electrical shorts and 'fries'. Junk the phone and put it out of it's misery.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-06-10 at 10:37 AM.
    04-06-10 10:34 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD