Maybe they add them in odd batches....
    02-06-20 06:50 AM
    Lol one thing you are not is PC.

Did you manage to get a 128GB? I don’t know how anyone manages to even use anything less than 128G these days.
    I can't imagine using a phone without an SD Card slot.
    02-07-20 03:41 AM
    I can't imagine using a phone without an SD Card slot.
    I believe you can get cases that add that function

But the way things are going very soon most devices will not all MicroSD, Samsung took it away in the Galaxy Fold, and the smaller Note10 as well as in the S10 5G.
    02-07-20 03:47 AM

But the way things are going very soon most devices will not all MicroSD, Samsung took it away in the Galaxy Fold, and the smaller Note10 as well as in the S10 5G.
    Yes I agree, just as surely that Apple will continue to lose market share. Day by day, week by week, month by month.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-07-20 03:53 AM
    Yes I agree, just as surely that Apple will continue to lose market share. Day by day, week by week, month by month.
    As long as they continue making the lions share of the money, they’ll be fine.
    02-07-20 03:54 AM
    As long as they continue making the lions share of the money, they’ll be fine.
    I don't understand your thinking. Buying and paying for a phone which costs more and offers less functionality is considered better in your view because they make more money off of you?
    the_boon likes this.
    02-07-20 03:58 AM
    I don't understand your thinking. Buying and paying for a phone which costs more and offers less functionality is considered better in your view because they make more money off of you?
    Nope. Buying a phone that satisfies my needs and wants with an excellent and robust ecosystem along with OS and Security updates that go on for AT LEAST 5 Years, is better in my view.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and neoberry99 like this.
    02-07-20 04:01 AM
    I just took a peek at the EU store, and found no red models. So, to be on the safe side I bought the black dual SIM without tax through my company.

And now, just went back in and that model is no longer there. Knee jerk reaction to announcement is working!! As I just found out!
    mmmm . so stupid of me , was hoping to get a lower price -now no chane..so what we do ? where we find i??
    02-07-20 05:26 AM

Just because they took those away doesn't mean it's a good thing.

I don't know why people keep supporting manufacturers that remove features.

Must be the innate psychological need to have the latest and greatest even if it's a step back from the second-to-latest.
    02-07-20 07:08 AM
    Just because they took those away doesn't mean it's a good thing.

I don't know why people keep supporting manufacturers that remove features.

Must be the innate psychological need to have the latest and greatest even if it's a step back from the second-to-latest.
    Are you able to remove the battery in your KEY2 by simply popping off the cover?

Majority of phones have lost quite a number of features and conveniences over the years and we have all accepted it.

If you don’t like it, there are usually some niche less popular models that have what one wants.
    02-07-20 07:16 AM
    Are you able to remove the battery in your KEY2 by simply popping off the cover?

Majority of phones have lost quite a number of features and conveniences over the years and we have all accepted it.

If you don’t like it, there are usually some niche less popular models that have what one wants.
    Removable batteries aside (which I don't care too much for, especially if the phone is IP rated) I mean keyboards, headphone jacks, IR blasters, tough plastic/rubber frames that can take falls, notification LED's, etc
    02-07-20 07:17 AM
    Removable batteries aside (which I don't care too much for, especially if the phone is IP rated) I mean keyboards, headphone jacks, IR blasters, tough plastic/rubber frames that can take falls, notification LED's, etc
    OEMs make choices based on what hopefully makes them most profit and volume. Many people, myself included, don’t like all iOS platform choices but for me, 3-6 years of device support with robust ecosystem app support means cheaper to stay long term. Android for me is more expensive as single user in family of iOS users.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-07-20 01:31 PM
    OEMs make choices based on what hopefully makes them most profit and volume. Many people, myself included, don’t like all iOS platform choices but for me, 3-6 years of device support with robust ecosystem app support means cheaper to stay long term. Android for me is more expensive as single user in family of iOS users.
    Same with me... everyone else had iOS, so I was not being included in iOS stuff (sharing WiFi Passwords, Facetime, Find my Friends, iMessage features, Airdropping....). And my S7 was out of updates and possible out of patches, while my wife's iPhone was going strong....

iOS isn't perfect, but so far it's been very stable and hasn't really hindered my usage. Haven't noticed any issue with not having a headphone jack... my Bluetooth headphone work fine, as does the adapter for regular headphones. Don't need a keyboard, or IR Blaster (My TVs App probably couldn't even use it).... and I'd rater buy a case that can be replaced than have one built on the phone. But a notification LED wold be nice....
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-07-20 01:55 PM
    the question is, will they put any more dualers on sale? or do they have any?
    Call me mad, but I think they could easily move a couple of hundred more red key2s. or more
    what do you think?
    02-12-20 08:44 AM
    I think they could easily move a couple of hundred more red key2s. or more
    In the NA market, yeah I think they'd fly off the shelves like hotcakes.

But if the BB EU store still has them in stock, well...
    02-12-20 02:24 PM
    In the NA market, yeah I think they'd fly off the shelves like hotcakes.

But if the BB EU store still has them in stock, well...
    they don't. but could source them of course
    02-12-20 03:09 PM
    the question is, will they put any more dualers on sale? or do they have any?
    Call me mad, but I think they could easily move a couple of hundred more red key2s. or more
    what do you think?
    Very odd that they never officially sold the Red Key2 in Canada. Seems like some demand here in forums but if not marketed it probably matters little, like any product.
    02-12-20 03:45 PM
    I'm happy with my key2 LE. Didn't care it had 32GB. My passport had that, so no difference there.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    02-12-20 06:24 PM
    Very odd that they never officially sold the Red Key2 in Canada. Seems like some demand here in forums but if not marketed it probably matters little, like any product.
    It is ridiculous that it wasn't sold in Canada. I had to get mine in the U.K.
    02-12-20 07:13 PM
    It is ridiculous that it wasn't sold in Canada. I had to get mine in the U.K.
    I’m sure the internal sales data told BBMo expected sales levels. Either not really worth it or perhaps not enough to meet some Amazon level requirement.
    02-13-20 07:13 AM
    Black Key2 dual sim 128GB variant available for the reasonable price of 549€ on EU Amazons (IT, FR, ES). 10 pieces in stock as I'm typing this but no telling how much longer is the current price good for. I ordered mine yesterday.

Edit: 6 pieces left now.
    Last edited by Critical Observer; 02-15-20 at 10:42 AM.
    02-14-20 01:56 AM
    Red Edition seems to be back in stock @BBM. Catch them while you can...
    02-19-20 01:30 AM
    Red Edition seems to be back in stock @BBM. Catch them while you can...
    Would be nice if they were also in stock in NA
    02-19-20 06:44 PM
    Would be nice if they were also in stock in NA
    It appears they are available from GoTalk on Amazon.

And you get FREE shipping... 🤣

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Too late to buy a Key2 dual SIM-68862.jpg  
    02-19-20 08:33 PM
    It appears they are available from GoTalk on Amazon.

Bob
    For a fair price I might add
    02-19-20 08:34 PM
61 123