One thing that strikes me in all that BB is doing now is that the Z30 totally got lost in the shuffle. It's no doubt the best BB10 phone BB has ever made and it's a shame that they never marketed it and never really made any type of push to sell it. Too bad, because it really is a nice phone and it was never really given a chance to succeed.
    06-20-14 06:48 AM
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 06:58 AM
    I'm waiting for a price drop to get one myself. Unless they announce a Z50 or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:01 AM
    Agreed, I wonder how many have been sold!
    06-20-14 07:26 AM
    Yuuuuup. Z50

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    06-20-14 07:39 AM
    I'm waiting for a price drop to get one myself. Unless they announce a Z50 or something similar.

Posted via CB10
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 07:56 AM
    I regretted skipping the Z30, but I'm waiting for the next BlackBerry touch flagship device. Hopefully this Z50 will come out later on this year.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    06-20-14 08:03 AM
    I regretted skipping the Z30, but I'm waiting for the next BlackBerry touch flagship device. Hopefully this Z50 will come out later on this year.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    It's doubtful that it'll come out in 2014, but this is the device I'm waiting for as well.
    heepman likes this.
    06-20-14 08:08 AM
    You have a point, but I think that there is still chance for Z30 to succeed when the PASSPORT is launched and the Z30 price is drastically reduced to below $299. The timing would nearly coincide for the early adopters of Z10 to upgrade. Yes, they may be some present Z10 owners who will not upgrade to Z30 because of the size of the phone.
    potatoheadguy and LuisCast like this.
    06-20-14 08:08 AM
    Yea, thus is a great device... but everyone that was still looking at BlackBerry stopped after Z10 went in the bin (which I don't understand bc I love mine!)

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 09:15 AM
    You have a point, but I think that there is still chance for Z30 to succeed when the PASSPORT is launched and the Z30 price is drastically reduced to below $299. The timing would nearly coincide for the early adopters of Z10 to upgrade. Yes, they may be some present Z10 owners who will not upgrade to Z30 because of the size of the phone.
    That's possible but at the same time it's really a shame that this phone wasn't marketed and promoted. I've no doubt had my complaints with BB but the Z30 is a phone they really should have pushed more.

If a Z50 is released it will no doubt overshadow the Z30 which was never given a chance to succeed. It amazes me that BB released what really is a nice phone and really did nothing to try to sell it. I couldn't even get one on the right frequency here in the states because of the ridiculous Verizon exclusive, to which Verizon did nothing with. At the very least BB should have made the LTE version for AT&T available online for those of us that want it. Which brings me to another point, which is even if the price drops I wouldn't recommend it to anyone here because it doesn't have LTE for AT&T.

It's really a shame as there are very few complaints I have with this device outside of the awful side buttons that are junk compared to the otherwise very solid build quality.
    potatoheadguy likes this.
    06-20-14 09:20 AM
    That's possible but at the same time it's really a shame that this phone wasn't marketed and promoted. I've no doubt had my complaints with BB but the Z30 is a phone they really should have pushed more.

If a Z50 is released it will no doubt overshadow the Z30 which was never given a chance to succeed. It amazes me that BB released what really is a nice phone and really did nothing to try to sell it. I couldn't even get one on the right frequency here in the states because of the ridiculous Verizon exclusive, to which Verizon did nothing with. At the very least BB should have made the LTE version for AT&T available online for those of us that want it. Which brings me to another point, which is even if the price drops I wouldn't recommend it to anyone here because it doesn't have LTE for AT&T.

It's really a shame as there are very few complaints I have with this device outside of the awful side buttons that are junk compared to the otherwise very solid build quality.
    BlackBerry reputation was at an all-time low. Carrier partnerships were on shaky ground with marketing for BlackBerry products. BlackBerry losing money. Does that sound like a good situation to pour money you are trying to preserve?

Posted via CB10
    potatoheadguy likes this.
    06-20-14 09:29 AM
    I agree. I love my Z10 and tried the Z30 but it is not for me due to size and amoled screen. Having said that, it is a great phone that was never given the chance to be out there for the other consumers who have not been informed of the BB10 lone ups. I hope Chen addresses this. He is pragmatic so he might find creative ways with the inventory that I am sure they must have.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    06-20-14 09:40 AM
    My Z30 is outstanding. Before I purchased it I was worried it might feel too big but now when I pick up my Z10, it feels too small and the Z30 seems perfect. I hope the next all touch flagship is exactly the same size as the Z30. But as we now know letter and numbering seems to be on the way out so let's try and come up with the new name for the Z30 successor... How about the "Enterprise"?

Regardless, no need to wait folks. If you can get your hands on a Z30, I highly recommend it. With 10.3 coming out soon it'll be like getting a HW refresh anyhow
    06-20-14 09:43 AM
    I love my Z30 and am looking forward to the next all touch high end BB10 phone! Sadly, it doesnt look like it'll be in 2014
    06-20-14 09:53 AM
    If sentiment improves off the back of recent developments, the Z30 has a chance, simply because it'll be noticed more. It's never going to storm the barricades, and it will never recieve heavy advertising exposure, because it's no longer a brand new phone. But it might do alright, simply because it would benefit from people actually considering Blackberry phones. Because it is pretty good.
    06-20-14 09:59 AM
    The screen on the z30 is what killed it. It's awfully dim. I understand they really screwed up the z10 battery big time but they should have been able to do something besides make the z30 screen permanently dim to save battery

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 10:01 AM
    Well the Manitoba is Q3 2015 or more likely Q4 given any manufacture and their perspective on the future.: Updated: 64-Bit BlackBerry All Touch Manitoba Specifications - There's no reason to fool oneself - As for now I'm sticking to my Z30
    06-20-14 10:06 AM
    The screen on the z30 is what killed it. It's awfully dim. I understand they really screwed up the z10 battery big time but they should have been able to do something besides make the z30 screen permanently dim to save battery

Posted via CB10
    I find the screen fine unless I'm in real bright sunlight. Where does everyone use their phone that the screen is too dim most of the time? I have mine turned down to almost the lowest it will go. Only time I ever turn it up is in the sunshine. I also always turned my old bb's screen brightness down cause it was too bright.
    dangerousfen and Banco like this.
    06-20-14 10:08 AM
    BlackBerry reputation was at an all-time low. Carrier partnerships were on shaky ground with marketing for BlackBerry products. BlackBerry losing money. Does that sound like a good situation to pour money you are trying to preserve?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it does. If you release a device then it should be marketed properly, period. It's not like their reputation has all of the sudden improved. Maybe to investors, but not to the general consumer.
    06-20-14 10:13 AM
    Yes, it does. If you release a device then it should be marketed properly, period. It's not like their reputation has all of the sudden improved. Maybe to investors, but not to the general consumer.
    No point if people aren't listening, it just falls on deaf ears. People here seem to believe marketing can solve everything.

Reputation and sentiment is a funny thing. A decent set of results is the best marketing they have had in a long time.
    mediadavid and blackmoe like this.
    06-20-14 10:22 AM
    I think it with all the delays of bb10 and low sells of the Z10 , BlackBerry decided to skip naming it as the next model replacement of the Z10 and kept selling z10s . With it in production they could not cancel it like several other phones so they just released it and moved on. Hopefully with Chen and fox com BlackBerry can release phones on time and on a regular schedule .

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 11:03 AM
    Personally, I am awaiting the next all touch device. I'm not too interested in getting a Z10 and then buying the next phone 8 months later. Where's the new all touch flagship for when I am actually done with my Z10... oh, it seems it is more then a year away at this point.

The way I see it is they looked at 99% of the market and decided they were only going to make phones for the dying 1%. I know that 1% is going to eat it up, but what about everyone else. What about the loyal BB users that actually want an all touch phone?

As for the Z30, we got a replacement sent to us for a broken Z10 and no one knew what it was. Everyone knows what the Z10 and Q10 are, but had never even heard of a Z30. The so called mystery device. It's out there in the wild, no ones heard of it, and quite frankly it was launched too closely to the Z10.
    06-20-14 11:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup.

Might buy more than one for future use.

CB10 on the Q10
    06-20-14 11:23 AM
    Too bad the Z30 wasn't the Z10 and the Z10 the Z3...and of course with the good marketing that comes along with it.
    potatoheadguy and heepman like this.
    06-20-14 11:24 AM
68 123