BB10 uses Tomtom as map provider too. And this is a video about the Tomtom map in IOS 6, hopefully it provides a sneak peek for the map in BB10

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgLDkHJduRg&feature=b-top-topic[/YT]
    08-12-12 11:32 AM
    No they won't look the same. Tomtom is providing both Apple & RIM with map data. I know Apple's new maps also use Bing & the 3D is from a company they purchased last year.

So far we have yet to see BB10 maps. All we know so far is that they are using Tomtom data
    08-13-12 04:51 PM
    I do hope BB10 has an alternative just as good!

But TAT had something to show like that!

Last edited by mithrazor; 08-14-12 at 07:43 AM.
    08-14-12 07:37 AM
    I do hope BB10 has an alternative just as good!

But TAT had something to show like that!

If you look at the acknowledgement at the end, you'll see credit to C3Technologies, which actually created the 3D maps. Apple bought C3 almost a year ago. Looks like some else saw its potential and pounced on it.
    08-14-12 08:20 AM
    WAIT -

Did I see Lag at 0:44 --

and then the video randomly cut at 0:50? Another lag!!

Checkerboarding at 1:20

2:28 onwards Lag and Checkerboarding together!!

3:31 Unresponsive touch!

3:52 - Change to 1080p and see all the pixels in the world!

ahah this is just a joke!
    08-14-12 09:10 AM
    If you look at the acknowledgement at the end, you'll see credit to C3Technologies, which actually created the 3D maps. Apple bought C3 almost a year ago. Looks like some else saw its potential and pounced on it.
    Yea I wish someone else had purchased 3C technologies, preferably a mapping company like Tomtom. Ocean Apple buys something it disappears & they don't allow anyone to use or license the tech
    08-14-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD