How much of a Blackberry addict are you?
    Would you put your hands in the toilet just to rescue your blackberry?
    02-15-08 02:42 PM
    Man That is the worst thing that could happen to me but I dont know if I could do that....I would consider it a lost bcuz it would have sustained water damage anyway and I would get a replacement through Insurance. I dont know if I would be able to use it knowing its been in the toilet. I have a phobia about toilets!
    02-15-08 02:52 PM
    you may need to save the memory and or sim card. i guess it would matter what else was in the toilet with you phone
    02-15-08 02:54 PM
    lol - yea it's worth the $50 insurance deductable to not have that icky feeling every time you put the toilet phone up to your face.
    02-15-08 02:55 PM
    It'd be ruined anyways so I'd have to flush it! Thank God for insurance and the desktop mgr!
    02-15-08 03:03 PM
    I've instinctively reached in the toilet (before use) for a lesser phone so heck yeah I would for my BB!
    02-15-08 03:27 PM
    It would depend on what else was in there with my BB. Floaties?? Um, no. I'd be filing a claim.
    02-15-08 03:36 PM
    No insurance here, so um..... Yeah. And hope for the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 03:40 PM
    um let me think about it ... YES!
    02-15-08 03:42 PM
    I had drop my phone (LG G4015) once into the toilet before, while I was peeing and talking, I never pick it up, and yes I did flush it.

I would never put my hand into pees and poos just to save a cell phone (or the lovely BlackBerry), I would just flush it, beside I have insurance and I sure my parent will be glad to pay the $110.00 deductible, and hit me with bamboo stick after that.
    Last edited by Benny; 02-15-08 at 04:06 PM.
    02-15-08 04:02 PM
    Not a chance - I would wave a fond good-bye as I flushed it !
    02-15-08 04:07 PM
    i super glued a silver dollar to the bottom of a toilet once and put one of those industrial blue tablets in the tank....

man college was fun...we used to have parties and laugh at how many people came out of the bathroom with a blue hand...

the point is...people will reach into a toilet for a dollar...

-db

would you like a calculator?
    02-15-08 04:18 PM
    Number one or two?

02-15-08 05:28 PM
    How much of a Blackberry addict are you?
    Would you put your hands in the toilet just to rescue your blackberry?
    First of all, the thing would likely be trashed. So I'd probably take my time and fish it out with a hook of some sort and then remove the SIM card and throw the thing away and get a new one (as much as that would pain me).

Secondly, some people here are suggesting they'd just flush it. Few toilets have the pipe width to flush a BlackBerry so you'd either not be able to flush it or you'd ruin your pipes by trying.

Third, why does this topic keep coming up in cell phone forums all the time? What a weird topic.
    02-15-08 06:39 PM
    Even if it was Empty I still wouldn't do it. I just can't fathom using a toilet phone!!!

02-15-08 06:59 PM
    I'm a roto-rooter man and I once pulled a set of dentures out of the pot. The guy took them from me, briefly rinsed them under the tap and then put them back in his mouth.

02-15-08 07:02 PM
    :-) bunch of wussie mama's boys and girls. Of course I would try to save it. Don't any of you watch "Dirty Jobs"? They make soap you know. ;-)

02-15-08 08:22 PM
    "toilet phone" - sounds like a spy gadget

02-15-08 08:27 PM
    I'd have to let it go and hope that I backed everything up before it went in.
    02-15-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD