Today if you did not know already is iPhone 3G launch day at 8am in each time zone around the world. What is your guys opinion on this? Do you guys like Apple/the iPhone 3G? How many people are switching from blackberry to the iPhone 3G? I'm not. Post your opinions or whatever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by branden3112; 08-16-08 at 02:01 PM.
    07-11-08 01:08 AM
    Overall, I think the iphone is a great device. If BB's did not exist, I probably would use a iphone but I have no interest in leaving BB for any device. I can't wait for the BOLD!!!
    07-11-08 01:10 AM
    That's my opinion as well.

07-11-08 01:13 AM
    If they weren't exclusive to AT&T, I'd probably have never gotten a BB. I like Tmobile, so Blackberry it is.
    07-11-08 01:22 AM
    I like the iPhone for what it is, but I prefer Blackberries. I'm sure it will do well and there will be lots of "which is better" crap.
    07-11-08 01:26 AM
    I know my dad has a original iPhone and it unlocked to tmobile and he uses that but it sucks cause you have to wait fpe software updates to be updated to work with a unlocked phone.

07-11-08 01:27 AM
    I will check the BB Thunder, when it comes out. I prefer BB.
    07-11-08 01:44 AM
    On this topic about the iphone...i could care less.
    07-11-08 01:56 AM
    Blackberry all the way.
    07-11-08 02:21 AM
    As a former iPhone user I can say that I love my 'Berry way more! The iPhone was great for web surfing and youtube, but the BB is much better for phone use, and I think its edge is faster.
    07-11-08 02:23 AM
    I think the iPhone is a great device for the demographic they are going after. But for me, the price is just not worth it. Then again I was anti-iPod forever until a few weeks ago.

07-11-08 06:22 AM
    I had an iPhone for a while. Touch screen is nice, but nothing beats a real keyboard.
    07-11-08 06:55 AM
    They are good for media. Really, I'd go blind watching the tiny screen. I'm spoiled by HD tv and my Denon Klipsch system. I use my smart phone to communicate, and what communication device is better than a BlackBerry? If I want to watch web based media, I'll use my computer. Everything has it's purpose; I feel BlackBerry users have figured out this important fact. Instant email, text messages to the important people in my iife and news alerts for keeping me informed as it happens. I know I made the right choice.

07-11-08 07:27 AM
    On this topic about the iphone...i could care less.
    My exact sentiments.

07-11-08 07:30 AM
    iWhat? Oh yeah, I had one of those once!
    07-11-08 07:37 AM
    I think the iphone is nice and has some cool features and all but there is something about BB's that brings much more enjoyment.
    07-11-08 07:51 AM
    I think the iphone is a great device. It just doesn't fit my needs better than a blackberry. If BBs didn't exist and the iphone wasn't exclusive to ATT then I would probably have one.
    07-11-08 09:52 AM
    I think the iphone is a great device. It just doesn't fit my needs better than a blackberry. If BBs didn't exist and the iphone wasn't exclusive to ATT then I would probably have one.
    my exact thoughts
    07-11-08 10:00 AM
    They are good for media. Really, I'd go blind watching the tiny screen. I'm spoiled by HD tv and my Denon Klipsch system. I use my smart phone to communicate, and what communication device is better than a BlackBerry? If I want to watch web based media, I'll use my computer. Everything has it's purpose; I feel BlackBerry users have figured out this important fact. Instant email, text messages to the important people in my iife and news alerts for keeping me informed as it happens. I know I made the right choice.

I agree. I never could understand why so many people want to watch video on any phone. I can understand wanting to record and send short clips to friends and family; but watching a whole TV show or movie on a cell phone screen? Uh-uh. That's what computers and big flatscreen HD TV's are for!
    07-11-08 10:12 AM
    I agree. I never could understand why so many people want to watch video on any phone. I can understand wanting to record and send short clips to friends and family; but watching a whole TV show or movie on a cell phone screen? Uh-uh. That's what computers and big flatscreen HD TV's are for!
    iphones a great for on the airplane though.
    07-11-08 10:15 AM
    IMHO, the iPhone is a great device. i would never purchase one. Blackberry FOR LIFE!!! i got play with an iphone before and it didn't surprise me in anyway. and the fact that i used own a treo back in the day, i hated touchscreens. i would never purchase an iphone.
    07-11-08 10:54 AM
    The reason I didn't get a iPhone at the time of my Blackberry purchase was because of it's price... I got my Curve for $99.
    Now that I've had it for almost a year, I dunno if I'd switch to Apple or not. If the device does everything I want it to, it's easy to do all those things, and I can afford it, I'll buy it.

I've never played with an iPhone yet, so who knows. I love my berry to death, though.
    07-11-08 11:27 AM
    the iPhone has multi-touch though and it has 3g, gps, wifi, and edge. that's a lot of radios to drain the battery.
    07-11-08 11:31 AM
    Today if you did not know already is iPhone 3G launch day at 8am in each time sobe around the world. What is your guys opinion on this? Do you guys like Apple/the iPhone 3G? How many people are switching from blackberry to the iPhone 3G? I'm not. Post your opinions or whatever.

I watched it on the news this morning, too! Happy for the iphone users and I'm still waiting on the BOLD.
    07-11-08 11:41 AM
    I had an iPhone for a while which I Jailbroke, activated and unlocked for T-Mobile. It was pretty good and I really enjoyed the experience.

In my opinion, iPhone is probably the best phone and as a Media device.

I would say, it has the best Web Browser and Media player that I ahave every used.

Comparing the WiFi connectivity to watch online videos like YouTube iPhone is the winner compared to my 8320.

Now, why did I come back to BB. Because, when I had iPhone, I was playing more and working less. It was greatly effecting my professional life.

I have a 3 hr commute to work and back, during which time, I use to reply a lot of eMails and get a lot of stuff done whe I had my 8700g and SE P910i and P990i.

But once I had the iPhone, I was watching a lot of moves and playing games on my device.

So, I gave the phone to my wife and got myself a BB Curve (8320) and I'm happy I made this decision.

According to me, iPhone is a great device for entertainment where as BB is a Great device for Work environment.
    07-11-08 12:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD