Just have to vent here ---

I have been a TMobile user since 2003. I recently broke my BB8700 and was going to upgrade to the 8800. I called TMobile and they are sold out of the 8800 unless -- I was a new customer or an existing customer that wants to add a new line of service and then they could sell it to me. What the heck is that? They said that they have two separate inventories, one for existing customers and one for new customers. They keep saying that it is out of stock, but yet they have it for the new customers - so technically they are not out of stock. Why are new customers getting presidence over someone who has been loyal to them?? If they are sold out for the existing customers, and have some in the inventory for new customers - maybe they need to reallocate some?? Or would that make too much sense? I am so furious. I have no other compliant about TMobile other than this. Why can't they understand why I am so furious and fix the problem.

I could go into a Cingular store and get it right now, but I honestly don't want to switch. I like TMO coverage and rate plans. But this has pushed me over the edge, that I am thinking about doing just that. It's the principal of the thing.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sigh -

SEK
    05-09-07 10:58 PM
    sorry to hear about your situation...i totally agree with you. it makes no sense to me that companies have no customer loyalty. all the good deals, etc. are always for new customers...or if you add a new line, since that kinda makes you a new customer. that's some serious crap IMO....
    05-10-07 12:14 AM
    Sorry to hear about your trouble, but maybe you just need to take adeep breath and try calling a different person at T-Mobile today. Ask for the retentions department and tell them that you are thinking about leaving because of this. See if that does anything. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
    05-10-07 06:17 AM
    Sek, sorry to hear about this! I thought I had issues with providers, but this is just plain silly. I suggest doing what Kasperapd said, let's see what gives...
    05-10-07 06:47 AM
    Navilyn & Kasperapd -

I have called several times through out the day and evening and get transferred from one person to the next, and still the same song and dance. I even called Corporate and got the same explanation.

I have gotten now where with anyone, but if anyone has an insiderer source on what I could do, I would love to hear it.

The said thing is I could get the phone for $99 and pay my $200 termination fee and still be ahead than what TMO is offering it at for even new customers. But I don't want to do that. I really like TMO. And the fave 5 feature as well now.

I am torn.
    05-10-07 07:18 AM
    Let me just say this, before you jump ship. I was with Cingular from Oct, 2001 to March, 2007! I just ported my number over to T-Mobile. I've had countless issues with Cingular.

The only reason I finally moved / ported my number was because from home I could not make calls 'properly'. It was a case of being in a particular place, with one foot in the air, and one arm out of the window! Enough was enough, thus I switched...

My point is all carriers have issues!
    05-10-07 07:39 AM
    yeah, i gotta say that i love T-Mo (as opposed to Cingular/ATT)...couple friends of mine have Cingular, and they always have issues...and higher prices...than what i get with T-Mo. If u'r gonna get a BB, the extra $10 for the BB package (T-Mo is $20, Cing is $30) will eventually add up, so for the better service and lower price, i'd end up just sticking with T-Mo.....

perhaps check craig's list, recycler, etc...last week my buddy found a brand new BB Pearl (new in box 'n everything) for $199...
    05-10-07 09:14 AM
    Well, let me ask this. If I were to buy the phone from Cingular w/ no plan, have to pay full price (but is still cheaper than buying it direct from TMobile), and I have it unlocked, would I still be able to use the Fav5 screen from TMobile? I would imagine that I would need to install there OS on it?

What else would need to be done?
    05-10-07 12:46 PM
    MyFaves is an account related thing, so once added to your account, and it 'talks' to your sim card it should work...

Plus there is word that you don't HAVE to have the icons (software) on your phone to use MyFaves - you do for when you FIRST get MyFaves, but not after that...
    05-10-07 01:05 PM
    Retentions is always a good deartment, but they are tough sods and know every excuse under the sun. YOu have to persevere with them. Beside in the UK they would be breaching contract and therefore not providing you with what you started and bought.

I have been in a similar position before here, just mention OFCOM, here a governing body....then it causes all hell.....but i would expect at least a like for like exchange? or a full price upgrade....

With O2 i spent so much time i eventually sent a letter to the MD of the UK HQ and eventually i got a call from them to resolve my issues....

I hope you manage the same
    05-10-07 03:14 PM
    Maybe when they want you to pay your bill you can tell them you have money allocated for a house phone and money allocated for a cell phone and right now your cell phone money is OUT OF STOCK!!!
    05-10-07 08:26 PM
    Maybe when they want you to pay your bill you can tell them you have money allocated for a house phone and money allocated for a cell phone and right now your cell phone money is OUT OF STOCK!!!
    ... now that's funny...
    05-11-07 09:36 AM
    Ok, what's the latest on this?
    05-12-07 09:01 AM
    Nothing new. I called for 2 days straight. Different times, different departments and got nowhere. I gave up, as I grew so frustrated with them. I ended up buying a Blackberry 8800 from ebay and this way I won't have to extend my contract with TMO.

Funny thing is that the local news station is doing a bit on cell phone carriers on Monday. I should email them my story, because it is so riduculous!

Thanks for the comments. I really loved the one about telling them that my cell phone bill money has been reallocted to my house payment.
    05-12-07 04:11 PM
    Brilliant idea with getting one on eBay! Check to make sure there is no BES I.T. Policy on it...

If there is, go here, it tells you how to remove it...
    05-12-07 04:43 PM
    Just have to vent here ---

I have been a TMobile user since 2003. I recently broke my BB8700 and was going to upgrade to the 8800. I called TMobile and they are sold out of the 8800 unless -- I was a new customer or an existing customer that wants to add a new line of service and then they could sell it to me. What the heck is that? They said that they have two separate inventories, one for existing customers and one for new customers. They keep saying that it is out of stock, but yet they have it for the new customers - so technically they are not out of stock. Why are new customers getting presidence over someone who has been loyal to them?? If they are sold out for the existing customers, and have some in the inventory for new customers - maybe they need to reallocate some?? Or would that make too much sense? I am so furious. I have no other compliant about TMobile other than this. Why can't they understand why I am so furious and fix the problem.

I could go into a Cingular store and get it right now, but I honestly don't want to switch. I like TMO coverage and rate plans. But this has pushed me over the edge, that I am thinking about doing just that. It's the principal of the thing.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sigh -

SEK
    That kind of attitude is what caused me to leave nextel. They have all these "new" phones for new customers, but for me, a loyal customer wanting an upgrade, they wanted 250 and a new contract for a Treo....and on top of that the woman I spoke to had a horrible attitude. So I canceled my nextel, did some research and found my Pearl for a phenomenalprice at cingular/att. So instead of nextel keeping me and my money, they lost me.....how stupid of them.
    05-13-07 09:19 AM
    I hope you ported your number! I'd hate to get a new number now, and have to give it out...
    05-13-07 09:26 PM
    So - I checked today on TMobile website, my login page. They now have the Blackberry 8800 available for an upgrade. New Customer would only have to pay $349, but for me to upgrade as an existing customer and sign a new 2 year deal I would have to pay $469. What is that?

I am glad I found one on ebay, so this way I don't have to extend my contract. And it was still less than TMobile to upgrade.

SEK
    05-14-07 12:41 PM
    That's how much I paid! I kept thinking to myself if I buy one on eBay and something happens to it, I'd have no insurance, no type of cover per se'.

Now, having said that I signed up with T-Mobile in March, and after 30 days you get an upgrade!?! Brilliant, no? Just a shame the 8800 wasn't cheaper for me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-07 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD