I walked into a blackberry store a few days ago. And asked about the touch coming out for tmobile. The guy told me that because of the merger of att and tmobile that blackberry will not relise any new phone for tmobile. Is that true or just a joke ? Any confirmation on blackberry phone in tmobile ?
    07-25-11 08:57 AM
    I walked into a blackberry store a few days ago. And asked about the touch coming out for tmobile. The guy told me that because of the merger of att and tmobile that blackberry will not relise any new phone for tmobile. Is that true or just a joke ? Any confirmation on blackberry phone in tmobile ?
    Zero truth. Not sure what ***** you talked to but they clearly don't know what they are talking about as T-Mobile just got some new phones last month.

First, T-Mobile did a splash press release online about carrying the new Berry. Albeit it does not give a time line nor price. In addition its up to the US Government to decided if the merger will go through... I bet if it does there will be some restrictions to it.

Also there is a CB member who works in the mobile telecom field who has a TMO branded 9900. Go to the 9900 Forum and look at the posting Got My 9900 Today - towards one of the last pages he posted a pic of it.

In addition, T-Mobile has really been pushing the whole pre-pay plan, to bring in more customers as it they are not subject to regulator fees or taxes - offering all kinds of phones.

Off topic: I dropped Verizon because I was paying $110 a month (incl. taxes) and bought a used Galaxy Vibrant and now I pay $50 for unlimited talk, text and 100 MB of 4G data, after that it drops to unlimited 3G speeds.
    07-25-11 09:34 AM
    now I pay $50 for unlimited talk, text and 100 MB of 4G data, after that it drops to unlimited 3G speeds.
    You sure is drops to 3g? Everything I know about T-Mobile's "throttling" of data drops it to 2g (edge) speeds.
    07-25-11 09:38 AM
    You sure is drops to 3g? Everything I know about T-Mobile's "throttling" of data drops it to 2g (edge) speeds.
    I've had it for 2 months now and it's only dropped to edge in areas where the reception is spotty. And believe me with this phone it's painfully slow. However I am averaging just shy of 1 GB so maybe after that?

But a person could opt for the $70 per month plan that has 2 GB of data and the highest speed before dropping. Still by in far cheaper by at least $40-45 a month than Verizon or AT&T.
    Last edited by Robert_LA; 07-25-11 at 11:49 AM.
    07-25-11 11:45 AM
    I would go opposite of what "most" in store reps tell ya.

Some are knowledgeable, but a lot have no clue what is going on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 03:27 PM
    Thanks for all the info.
    07-25-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD