Dear Backers,

We are glad to announce the first update for Titan is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings->About phone->Wireless Update”

Please find the detail update information below:

1. Update Google security patch to 2019-10-05.
    2. Update GMS package: Google Play Music app is no longer included in the GMS bundle. YouTube Music is the core app in place of Google Play Music.
    3. Allow the search bar of the launcher interface to be removed. Please clean the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    4. Solve the problem of missing letters when pressing keys quickly.
    5. Add Mini mode to solve the display or abnormal problems of some third-party applications. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Mini mode.
    6. Add blocking reminder on the lock screen. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Block notice.
    7. The programmable key can be used as ctrl key function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Programmable key - Use Ctrl key.
    8. Add Alt / Shift key exchange function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Swop Alt / Shift key.
    9. Keyboard shortcuts can be used in the third-party launcher.
    10. Scroll assistant supports horizontal screen operation.
    11. Remove the Google and Duo icons in the folder, please clean up the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    12. Solve the problem that the BACK button cannot be returned in the BB input method.
    13. Add FCC/CE/TELEC/JATE certificates labels. Menu: Settings - System - About phone - Regulatory labels.
    14. Add a prompt message when entering Chrome.
    15.Optimize the Kika input method:
    1)Open a contact chat in WhatsApp, the first two letters will be automatically capitalized each time when you open the dialog for the first time.
    2)Double-click the space key to enter a period and automatically space.
    3)Add Kika setting menu, support next-word suggestions switch, Double-space period switch, Auto-correction switch.
    4)Increase the size of association words and increase the spacing between association words in Chinese input mode.
    5)Modify the issue of editing dynamic information in WhatsApp.
    6)Always show candidate fields.
    7)Solve the problem that long press delete key in Facebook messenger application cannot be completely deleted.

Thanks for all the support and we will keep optimizing Titan according to your feedback.

Please share your opinion and user experience with us in Titan Group.

OTHER NEWS

We will launch the Pre-Order of Titan on our Official Website from 17th January till 17th February 2020. There will be a 20 USD discount during this period and all the successful orders will be shipped in order sequence since 18th February 2020. After that, we will start selling Titan in Amazon/eBay/AliExpress/website etc. at a normal price.
    01-16-20 08:15 AM
    Very good sign of their support...

Very good that it fixed some issues with the Keyboard.
    shadowcalling and Jaxxfunk like this.
    01-16-20 08:58 AM
    Yes it seemed the issue was hit and miss, after update rock solid!
    shadowcalling and Jaxxfunk like this.
    01-16-20 11:01 AM
    How soon before a certain someone here tries to pull his back from eBay? LOL
    Its all good ... I keeeed, I keeeeed!
    01-16-20 11:31 AM
    How soon before a certain someone here tries to pull his back from eBay? LOL
    Its all good ... I keeeed, I keeeeed!
    To be honest, had this fix come earlier when I had not yet sold my Titan, I would have kept it longer and actually removed the pre-installed blue screen protector film and other plastics lol
    Mecca EL and Tim-ANC like this.
    01-16-20 12:05 PM
    To be honest, had this fix come earlier when I had not yet sold my Titan, I would have kept it longer and actually removed the pre-installed blue screen protector film and other plastics lol
    Well you can get one again, only 10 bucks off. You might want to ask them if you can get a second one if you want it. The phone is just getting better and better.
    Jaxxfunk and shadowcalling like this.
    01-16-20 04:00 PM
    Well you can get one again, only 10 bucks off. You might want to ask them if you can get a second one if you want it. The phone is just getting better and better.
    But oh boy, when I put down the Titan and grab my KEY² again.... heaven. Absolute night and day difference.
    01-16-20 04:04 PM
    But oh boy, when I put down the Titan and grab my KEY² again.... heaven. Absolute night and day difference.
    Try just that but with an LE.
    01-16-20 04:09 PM
    In other news, if there was a cobalt blue Key2 offered....
    01-16-20 06:02 PM
    All that @the_boon has to say is “don’t you know who i am?” That or just tell em Chuck sent ya
    01-16-20 06:04 PM
    Dear Backers,

We are glad to announce the first update for Titan is now available, you can upgrade your device by “Settings->About phone->Wireless Update”

Please find the detail update information below:

1. Update Google security patch to 2019-10-05.
    2. Update GMS package: Google Play Music app is no longer included in the GMS bundle. YouTube Music is the core app in place of Google Play Music.
    3. Allow the search bar of the launcher interface to be removed. Please clean the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    4. Solve the problem of missing letters when pressing keys quickly.
    5. Add Mini mode to solve the display or abnormal problems of some third-party applications. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Mini mode.
    6. Add blocking reminder on the lock screen. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Block notice.
    7. The programmable key can be used as ctrl key function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Programmable key - Use Ctrl key.
    8. Add Alt / Shift key exchange function. Menu: Settings - Intelligent assistance - Swop Alt / Shift key.
    9. Keyboard shortcuts can be used in the third-party launcher.
    10. Scroll assistant supports horizontal screen operation.
    11. Remove the Google and Duo icons in the folder, please clean up the launcher data after FOTA. Menu: Settings - Apps & notifications - See all xx apps - Quickstep.
    12. Solve the problem that the BACK button cannot be returned in the BB input method.
    13. Add FCC/CE/TELEC/JATE certificates labels. Menu: Settings - System - About phone - Regulatory labels.
    14. Add a prompt message when entering Chrome.
    15.Optimize the Kika input method:
    1)Open a contact chat in WhatsApp, the first two letters will be automatically capitalized each time when you open the dialog for the first time.
    2)Double-click the space key to enter a period and automatically space.
    3)Add Kika setting menu, support next-word suggestions switch, Double-space period switch, Auto-correction switch.
    4)Increase the size of association words and increase the spacing between association words in Chinese input mode.
    5)Modify the issue of editing dynamic information in WhatsApp.
    6)Always show candidate fields.
    7)Solve the problem that long press delete key in Facebook messenger application cannot be completely deleted.

Thanks for all the support and we will keep optimizing Titan according to your feedback.

Please share your opinion and user experience with us in Titan Group.

OTHER NEWS

We will launch the Pre-Order of Titan on our Official Website from 17th January till 17th February 2020. There will be a 20 USD discount during this period and all the successful orders will be shipped in order sequence since 18th February 2020. After that, we will start selling Titan in Amazon/eBay/AliExpress/website etc. at a normal price.
    Hey @the_boon did you see this? I don’t think you saw this.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-16-20 10:50 PM
    Wow, great news, even though I have way too many pkb Android phones, I might pick one up if they keep on improving the phone.
    01-17-20 12:54 AM
    Three things I don't want on a phone:
    1) Large size
    2) PKB
    3) Android

I'm very glad PKB fans feel like they have options. I wish I did. Sigh.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-17-20 02:37 AM
    1) Large size
    2) PKB
    3) Android

If you grab an S10e, at least you'd knock out one of those three things.

Just install the Hub and BB keyboard on it and you're set.

Decent battery life (sure as hell better than the ZedTen)

Up to date Samsung software and support

I would have even suggested using Nova launcher and the BB10 icon pack but the Android 10 gestures only work with Samsung's stock launcher (which is pretty bad, can't change icon pack)
    chain13 likes this.
    01-17-20 06:23 AM
    Hey @the_boon did you see this? I don’t think you saw this.
    I know, I mentioned in my thread that I take back what I said about it being the worst PKB ever
    01-17-20 06:24 AM
    I know, I mentioned in my thread that I take back what I said about it being the worst PKB ever
    Lol, I know, just pulling your leg
    the_boon likes this.
    01-17-20 07:00 AM

I would have even suggested using Nova launcher and the BB10 icon pack but the Android 10 gestures only work with Samsung's stock launcher (which is pretty bad, can't change icon pack)
    I have a working Android. The last thing I need is another one!

01-17-20 07:25 AM
    1) Large size
    2) PKB
    3) Android

Options we "can't refuse"? Lol. Supersize seems the ONLY option, these days. "Any size we want so long as it's large...or larger"?? Lol. Buying a compact car in the 60s was easier... Lol.
    01-17-20 09:55 AM
    Options we "can't refuse"? Lol. Supersize seems the ONLY option, these days. "Any size we want so long as it's large...or larger"?? Lol. Buying a compact car in the 60s was easier... Lol.
    Yeah. I'm just boycotting at this point. In terms of OS and hardware, mobile stopped increasing my professional effectiveness in 2014 or so, though some great apps have been released since then that I definitely value, so it's worth having Android/iOS devices in my life for specific uses.

At this point, I am reducing my risk exposure and increasing my effectiveness by sticking to a simple, efficient workflow, using only a handful of trusted apps and paid services, and locking all my accounts down with hardware-baed 2FA.

If BB10 failed, and I absolutely had to buy a new device tomorrow, I'd get an iPod Touch and a WiFi hotspot to carry around for when I couldn't use WiFi/VPN.

I've stopped using my carrier issued cell number for anything at all, so I just need data at this point. I have two VOIP numbers and a phone forwarding service that lets me hand out masked numbers to services and marketers.

It's a shame that we have to add layers of complexity to maintain our privacy, but the $500 or so I spend a year for my personal domains; VOIP services; encrypted email, calendar and notes; and email/phone/credit card masking services is well worth it. Besides my approach has reduced my monthly cellular bill from $250 a month to less than $80, so I'm way ahead.

01-17-20 10:28 AM
    Yes no question, one has a fully tweaked OS, the other you are on your own. Also we are spoiled with all of the Blackberry hardware tweaks as well. But that said if you never used a Blackberry than this is a great phone.
    01-17-20 11:27 AM
    Nice to see the improvements but it seems odd the Android patch level is not higher.
    01-17-20 12:46 PM

You can theme it however one prefers. The S10e is a very nice, compact device offering. Fast, secure, great screen, sufficient battery and excellent camera.

My S9 was/is too similar to Even consider. I miss the flat panel and size of my S7 for a slab. Curious to see how 10 and One UI 2.0 is on my S9. I actually like One UI 1.0 so if improved may consider going back from BE BlackBerry KeyOne to see how it goes. For a slab my S9 is pretty darned good. Especially with HUB Suite and BlackBerry VKB.
    01-17-20 12:46 PM
    In other news, if there was a cobalt blue Key2 offered....
    Stop it.. Miss using my Cobalt Classic as my daily. Damn I had so many people marvel at that when in use.

BlackBerry needs a partner that pays for and updates their devices. Such a darn shame most of the Key devices have been so poorly supported and updated, especially for the $$ when sold new.

In today's competitive landscape poor support is a nail in the coffin.
    01-17-20 12:50 PM
    I have a working Android. The last thing I need is another one!

Unfortunately your Android is not in the form factor you prefer.

You may think marginally different with one on Pie or 10 with newer swiping gestures and additional security/privacy in the OS.
    01-17-20 12:54 PM
    Unfortunately your Android is not in the form factor you prefer.

You may think marginally different with one on Pie or 10 with newer swiping gestures and additional security/privacy in the OS.
    Not to mention loading up the BB VKB
    01-17-20 01:18 PM
45 12