Good job, its been posted before; but it certainly is good to review it again!
    06-25-08 07:55 PM
    ???? I can't get it on the pearl : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-08 08:30 PM
    I'm sure a lot of you are like me, constantly checking too see how much free memory and your exact battery charge. Well I just discovered this a few minutes ago. Hold left shift,alt and H at the same time. This will bring up a "Help Me!" Screen. Not only does it show your battery and "file free" memory. But also your current os, PIN,uptime and some other useful info. Simply hi� escape once and its closed (no need to hit menu and close).

Sorry if sme of you already knew this. But I thought it was cool and figured I'd post it for some newer users. Enjoy!

Thanks! Guess you learn something new every day...
    06-25-08 09:20 PM
    Glad to help you guys out, ive actually contributed something!! And yeah, i knew the right shift key would work but holding the left is much easier for me lol. I am also an avid memory checker lol. I figure i might as well ask here, im running 4.5.0.44 and started with about 24 mb of free memory. When waking up this morning i was at around 22...is this somewhat normal? I kinda had a leak like this before doing to upgrade.
    Thanks for the tip! I have been reading this forum for months and did not know that.

What are you doing to have 22MB free?? That is awesome! Mine seems to hover around 10 or so. I have tried many things but that's where it stays.
    06-25-08 11:24 PM
    Another option for those that have problems hitting the keys is to hold ALT with your left thumb and type E S C R. This will get you to the same information.

Someone asked about the percentage of battery charge and this screen will show that too.

To help with memory, some of you may not have heard this one. Hold ALT with your left thumb again and type L G L G. This will take you to the Event Log. Hitting your menu option gives you Clear Log. Choose this and select Yes. I have seen some very large memory come back if I haven't performed that in a while with a very long Uptime.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip. This gave me a little memory back.
    06-25-08 11:28 PM
    i always try these little tricks on my pearl and they never work
    06-25-08 11:42 PM
    New fire..I pretty much did a complete os wipe, removing all applications. Then I downloaded the apps I needed. Googletalk, google maps, opera mini, and some other little programs. Then I followed stoners guide to free up memory, I removed voice dialing, themes, password keeper and bbmessanger (don't use it). I'd suggest at a minimum following stoners guide if you wanna free up space. Hope that helps!

06-26-08 12:44 AM
    Nebie here did not know this, any help appreciated
    06-26-08 01:46 PM
    Nice shortcut! Thanks!!
    06-26-08 02:01 PM
    You were right about Alit lg lg, that gave me a bunch of memory.
    06-26-08 03:38 PM
    yeah thanks for the shortcut tip... i'm glad im not the only person who is ocd about the mem. status check every 1/2 hr
    06-26-08 03:56 PM
    Hah, more than every half hour for me
    06-26-08 05:23 PM
    Wow! Thanxxxx

06-27-08 01:11 PM
    I'm sure a lot of you are like me, constantly checking too see how much free memory and your exact battery charge. Well I just discovered this a few minutes ago. Hold left shift,alt and H at the same time. This will bring up a "Help Me!" Screen. Not only does it show your battery and "file free" memory. But also your current os, PIN,uptime and some other useful info. Simply hi� escape once and its closed (no need to hit menu and close).

Sorry if sme of you already knew this. But I thought it was cool and figured I'd post it for some newer users. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing.
    06-27-08 01:28 PM
    So now that I have been using this shortcut consistently I did find one annoying thing about it. Sometimes I accidently turn the numlock on lol. So when using this just make sure to tap the shift key or alt key when you're done...

06-27-08 02:18 PM
    Waoooooooo nice
    07-17-08 04:06 PM

Thanks a lot guy!! I do APPRECIATE that info!!

07-17-08 04:13 PM
    Thanks for the tip~makes things a little faster
    07-17-08 04:19 PM
    Attn: All Pearl Users...

The Easiest Way Is To Hold Alt (the Button In The Lower Left Corner Of The Keypad), Then Press E,s,c,r
    07-17-08 05:32 PM
    Attn: All Pearl Users...

The Easiest Way Is To Hold Alt (the Button In The Lower Left Corner Of The Keypad), Then Press E,s,c,r
    Ballins, i added this to my initial post on the first page. And credited you...Thanks!
    07-17-08 05:46 PM
    Hah, more than every half hour for me
    Yeah? I know, some people are ANAL like that. LMAO.
    07-17-08 05:48 PM
    You guys need to read my posts on memory. Nothing you are saying here about memory is correct. You do not need to check "file free" as it is really not showing you available memory, and you are wasting your time with battery pulls etc.
    07-17-08 06:02 PM
    great info! hadn't read this before, thx!
    07-17-08 06:56 PM
    [B][COLOR=darkred]Hold Left Shift, Alt and H at the same time. This will bring up a "Help Me!" Screen.
    Excellent. Didn't know this. Just tried it. Works perfectly.

A question someone should ask RIM is why they build these shortcuts into their devices and don't tell their customers about them in some sort of a quick reference guide.

Imagine if you didn't visit CrackBerry. You would never learn 1/2 of what your BlackBerry is capable of doing.
    07-17-08 06:56 PM
    Excellent. Didn't know this. Just tried it. Works perfectly.

A question someone should ask RIM is why they build these shortcuts into their devices and don't tell their customers about them in some sort of a quick reference guide.

Imagine if you didn't visit CrackBerry. You would never learn 1/2 of what your BlackBerry is capable of doing.

I am in complete agreement with you wire, these helpful tips should be included with the phone somewhere. I got a tips and tricks booklet through tmo that gave me some great sms shortcuts. But it wasnt until i came here that i found out all these nifty little workarounds. The funny thing is this particular "help me" shortcut i found on accident. All i was doing was putting a capitol h in but i pressed too many buttons lol.
    07-17-08 07:04 PM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD