I'm sure a lot of you are like me, constantly checking too see how much free memory you have and your exact battery charge. Well I just discovered this a few minutes ago. Hold Left Shift, Alt and H at the same time. This will bring up a "Help Me!" Screen. Not only does it show your battery and "file free" memory. But also your current OS, PIN, uptime and some other useful info. Simply hit escape once and the "Help Me!" screen will be closed (no need to hit menu and close). Keep in mind using this shortcut may accidently turn numlock on, so just tap the shift key once or twice after using this shortcut and you will be good to go!!

Sorry if some of you already knew this. But I thought it was cool and figured I'd post it for some newer users. Enjoy!

*update for all pearl users*

If you want to access the "Help Me!" screen just hold Alt then press E,S,C,R !

(thanks to ballinsol14 for this info)
    Last edited by shorynot; 07-17-08 at 05:45 PM.
    06-24-08 01:20 PM
    shory...chcecl your PM!!!! and e-mail(gmail) good idea BTW
    06-24-08 01:23 PM
    WOO HOO worked on my Pearl too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 01:27 PM
    Awesome!

Even with all the internal memory of the 8330, I'm a bit OCD about checking & doing battery pulls every day to keep my memory up. Great shortcut to check it quickly.

Thanks.
    06-24-08 01:30 PM
    This has been known for a while. But good looking out.
    06-24-08 01:30 PM
    it, has...but maybe some new ppl didn't see it..so atleast they know now...
    06-24-08 01:34 PM
    maybe i'm an ID10T, but i cant get this to work from by 8130 VZW PEARL
    06-24-08 01:37 PM
    HELP! My fingers are permanently twisted LOL

Kidding, yea that was cool. Thanks for the tip!!
    06-24-08 01:45 PM
    WOO HOO worked on my Pearl too!

How?

Thnx
    06-24-08 01:48 PM
    Very nice short cut. Thank You
    06-24-08 01:59 PM
    Thank you. If I have read it before, I had forgotten it. I'm one of those who checks my memory about 20 times a day.

06-24-08 02:02 PM
    Thanks! That was really good info and I had not come across this earlier....it worked on my verizon 8830 also. FYI, either the left or the right shift key will work.
    06-24-08 02:10 PM
    Nice shortcut....thanks for the info

06-24-08 02:12 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, awesome shortcut.
    06-24-08 02:16 PM
    I'm still lost... someone help... can this be done on the pearl... I sure cant figure it out..
    06-24-08 02:21 PM
    Very helpful shortcut... especially if you are experimenting with Beta releases and concerned about memory leaks!! haha

(For those having issues with the shortcut... it is simple because the left thumb can hit the LShift and Alt at the same time... then press H with your Right Thumb... not hard) haha
    06-24-08 02:22 PM
    Thanks! That was really good info and I had not come across this earlier....it worked on my verizon 8830 also. FYI, either the left or the right shift key will work.
    Glad to help you guys out, ive actually contributed something!! And yeah, i knew the right shift key would work but holding the left is much easier for me lol. I am also an avid memory checker lol. I figure i might as well ask here, im running 4.5.0.44 and started with about 24 mb of free memory. When waking up this morning i was at around 22...is this somewhat normal? I kinda had a leak like this before doing to upgrade.
    06-24-08 02:24 PM
    Very helpful shortcut... especially if you are experimenting with Beta releases and concerned about memory leaks!! haha

(For those having issues with the shortcut... it is simple because the left thumb can hit the LShift and Alt at the same time... then press H with your Right Thumb... not hard) haha
    But what about us pearl divers. Where's my ALT?
    06-24-08 02:25 PM
    I can't get it to work on my pearl.

06-24-08 02:29 PM
    Sorry guys, im actually not familar at all with pearls. This is my first curve, but im sure once someone figures it out they will post it.
    06-24-08 02:37 PM
    -----

Isn't there a way to see the percentage of battery power left instead of the bars on the screen? I'd like to know if anybody knows.

-----
    06-24-08 08:49 PM
    Well, I cant get it to work on my Pearl. Would love to know how SexyMD did it cause I my fingers dont twist in the obscure way needed to do this on a Pearl.
    06-24-08 08:56 PM
    Yeah, I don't think this will work on the pearl.. And shory I told you 2MB is alright...just no more than that..lol

06-24-08 09:11 PM
    Hello all. First post and brand new to smartphones. I just tried this out and got the info but my battery indicator went from bars to 123. What does that mean? I pulled the battery and when it reset the bars were back. By the way, this site is great and I have learned a lot already.
    06-24-08 10:09 PM
    Cool tip. Is there a link to other tips. Or all shortcuts? Thanks
    06-24-08 10:17 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD