Hi all,

Tomorrow I'm buying a pre-owned T-Mobile Blackberry Bold 9700 from a listing on Kijiji (Canadian classified listings), and want to make sure I ask all the right questions, and have a few of my own.

I've heard people ask sellers if the BBM PIN work? Is this something I should ask/can there be a problem with PINs?

Any other key questions?
    01-04-11 09:37 PM
    Condition? Water Damage? Any drops? And for Gods sake drop the idiotic "pre-owned" label.

The things is either used or a refurb. Stupid euphimisms won't magically impart better quality on thing.
    JS26 likes this.
    01-04-11 10:06 PM
    Clean ESN or MEID, and good working charging port (no physical damage)
    JS26 likes this.
    01-04-11 10:08 PM
    Thanks guys, I'll be sure to check for those things.

Condition? Water Damage? Any drops? And for Gods sake drop the idiotic "pre-owned" label.

The things is either used or a refurb. Stupid euphimisms won't magically impart better quality on thing.
    I do marketing, it naturally comes out
    01-04-11 10:18 PM
    I do marketing, it naturally comes out
    You get a pass then. We bean counters tend to be less flowery
    JS26 likes this.
    01-04-11 10:23 PM
    Ask to meet at your carrier's retail store for activation, or at least have it activated on your account over the phone before any money changes hands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JS26 likes this.
    01-04-11 10:42 PM
    Ask to meet at your carrier's retail store for activation, or at least have it activated on your account over the phone before any money changes hands.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Good idea. I'll be grabbing my SIM earlier in the day, I'll have it activated and take it with me.
    01-04-11 11:27 PM
    if its GSM then most important thing is clean PIN (no blocked by RIM). Nothing sucks more but to find out you cannot use email/browser/bbm etc. after other than a nice PDA with phone feature.

if its CDMA (Verizon), then clean ESN AND clean PIN.
    01-04-11 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD