Since monday i have had 6 or 7 users complain about there bold 9650 timzone changing on its on. I havent seen it happen on mine but i was wondering if something was going on with RIM. it has been sice DST went into place last weekend. Has anyne else noticed this happening? we are using Bold 9650's with a mixture of os5 and os6 on a BES server.
    03-17-11 02:48 PM
    Its usually operator based.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 08:25 PM
    That is the danger with auto TZ change. DST is controoled, on and off, by changing the UTC offset, thus changing your timezone, and changing all your appointments.
    03-18-11 07:00 AM
    i would usually tend to agree with you about the users being the problem but im pretty sure it isn't the case, 3 of the people are in the IT department. i just thought that it was weird. they said the the timezone changed back after a few minutes and if you werent watching your phone you wouldnt even notice. i have not noticed it on my phone but i was told it happend around 4:30 am this morning to one of them.
    03-18-11 10:49 AM
    Rim seems to have had trouble implementing automatic time zone changing. It took them a long time just to offer it. Remember the weird explanations and work arounds that were talked about here?

When I had my storm, it would switch from DST to Mexico central time until I did a battery pull.

03-18-11 01:11 PM
    This was happening on my Currve 3G around midnight weds night. I was in Central TX when it kept switching between Central and Eastern.

03-18-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD