There are times this BlackBerry user recommends people get an iphone. I have a large BBM list now. It need not get any bigger. Over the last few years people scratched their heads at why I still carry a BlackBerry device. They would get to a point they had to ask. In 5 minutes they understood and many went out and got one. Unfortunately, when you are seen helping people with their electronic issues you become the go to person. Now anything BlackBerry people tell others to go see Playbook007. Any other electronic issues, go see Playbook007. I don't have a problem with this at all. I like helping people. However, there are a few people that are totally inept with electronics. I feel sometimes it should be illegal for them to own such a device. Yet they seem to have the money to buy the latest. They switch computers, tablets, phones on an on going basis, perhaps in search of something that will work for them. Something that won't have any issues. That perfect OS, that perfect device. Yet these people can't set up their email, never remember a password, don't understand that Google isn't the only search engine out there etc. Trust me, you know the ones. Those I direct to Apple. It's not long before they come running, but then I get to say, oh you will have to ask an iphone user. I don't know how. And it works!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Playbook007; 12-30-14 at 08:16 PM.
    12-30-14 08:49 AM
    hey be nice to those Iphone user......Lol
    12-30-14 08:59 AM
    I agree. I know far too many iphone users, and when I asked one of them why they stick with it the answer was along the lines of "I dont want my phone to be too smart, too configurable." cant argue with that, though I dont find bb10 overly complex, it certainly is the stuff of techies..

Posted via CB750
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-30-14 09:56 AM
    There are times this BlackBerry user recommends people get an iphone. I have a large BBM list now. It need not get any bigger. Over the last few years people scratched their heads at why I still carry a BlackBerry device. They would get to a point they had to ask. In 5 minutes they understood and many went out and got one. Unfortunately, when you are seen helping people with their electronic issues you become the go to person. Now anything BlackBerry people tell others to go see Playbook007. Anything other electronic issues, go see Playbook007. I don't have a problem with this at all. I like helping people. However, there are a few people that are totally inept with electronics. I feel sometimes it should be illegal for them to own such a device. Yet they seem to have the money to buy the latest. They switch computers, tablets, phones on an on going basis, perhaps in search of something that will work for them. Something that won't have any issues. That perfect OS, that perfect device. Yet these people can't set up their email, never remember a password, don't understand that Google isn't the only search engine out there etc. Trust me, you know the ones. Those I direct to Apple. It's not long before they come running, but then I get to say, oh you will have to ask an iphone user. I don't know how. And it works!

Posted via CB10
    I don't understand. If you directed these people to a BB10 device wouldn't they come to you with the same questions?
    12-30-14 10:03 AM
    Hilarious. But from my experience, IOS is the easiest OS to operate out of the box.

Posted from my Q10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-30-14 11:22 AM
    There are times this BlackBerry user recommends people get an iphone. I have a large BBM list now. It need not get any bigger. Over the last few years people scratched their heads at why I still carry a BlackBerry device. They would get to a point they had to ask. In 5 minutes they understood and many went out and got one. Unfortunately, when you are seen helping people with their electronic issues you become the go to person. Now anything BlackBerry people tell others to go see Playbook007. Anything other electronic issues, go see Playbook007. I don't have a problem with this at all. I like helping people. However, there are a few people that are totally inept with electronics. I feel sometimes it should be illegal for them to own such a device. Yet they seem to have the money to buy the latest. They switch computers, tablets, phones on an on going basis, perhaps in search of something that will work for them. Something that won't have any issues. That perfect OS, that perfect device. Yet these people can't set up their email, never remember a password, don't understand that Google isn't the only search engine out there etc. Trust me, you know the ones. Those I direct to Apple. It's not long before they come running, but then I get to say, oh you will have to ask an iphone user. I don't know how. And it works!

Posted via CB10
    Are you trying to say that because you'll only help BlackBerry users with their tech problems that people are converting and thus your BBM list is growing?

There have always been people that are a little lost when it comes to technology of any kind.... remember back when some couldn't set a VCR up to record a show based on time settings.

Of course you also have those that do manage to learn how something operates... but are not able to adjust to change very well, so they get "stuck" in the past. Seems to be a lot of BlackBerry users that fit into that category.... at least if you believe that a "toolbelt" was all that was holding them back from BB10.

One reason Apple is doing so well is the simplicity of the OS. Sure for some it's too simple and basic and maybe "outdated" in their view.
    12-30-14 11:44 AM
    None of this post makes any sense. If a user isn't tech oriented at all and the iPhone is going to cause them problems then why not just direct them to a BB10 phone so that you can help solve their problems and get more people using a BB10 phone?

You are basically saying that any person that is clueless to tech you are going to recommend an iPhone. Since they are clueless and can't figure out the iPhone they are going to come to you for questions and then, even though it was your recommendation, tell them to go ask an iPhone user? What sense does this make? Wouldn't it make more sense to point them in the direction of a BB phone so that when they come to you with a question you will be able to help them?
    Bbnivende, Alain_A and mikeo007 like this.
    12-30-14 11:58 AM
    Lol I'll give you one thing man, although there are many times I may not agree with you, you do make entertaining threads cause I swear u already know the responses you're gonna get while typing these up.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and world saviour like this.
    12-30-14 12:14 PM
    Hey Apples are just delicious as Blackberries okay. Be nice to people who likes their Apple and someday they might see the health benefits of Blackberry.
    12-31-14 03:26 AM
    The good news is that he is no longer trying to convince others to purchase a Playbook.
    kbz1960 and WorldwideRemix like this.
    12-31-14 03:35 PM
    My mother could never figure out her iPad. She didn't even know which field to type in to do a web search, no matter how many times I showed her. She didn't know how to reply to an email. She couldn't figure out how to file emails. Some people should just stick to pen and paper, and rotary dial phones.

My mother in law, same age as my mother (about 80) and much more computer literate, cannot figure out the iPhone 3S that her other daughter in law gave her. She has no clue how to turn it on and dial a phone number, and the concept of having to charge it every once in a while is completely foreign to her.

Some people have a clinical phobia of anything technical, and even the simplest OS isn't a remedy for it.
    12-31-14 05:07 PM
    Never owned a playbook but still want to try one.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 09:27 AM
    None of this post makes any sense. If a user isn't tech oriented at all and the iPhone is going to cause them problems then why not just direct them to a BB10 phone so that you can help solve their problems and get more people using a BB10 phone?

You are basically saying that any person that is clueless to tech you are going to recommend an iPhone. Since they are clueless and can't figure out the iPhone they are going to come to you for questions and then, even though it was your recommendation, tell them to go ask an iPhone user? What sense does this make? Wouldn't it make more sense to point them in the direction of a BB phone so that when they come to you with a question you will be able to help them?
    I think if you look flip at the coin, when he says "go find an iPhone user" surely the person has options. If he recommended bb10, then any problem comes back to him. If he's unavailable, they are screwed because not many people around are tech savvy to know more than the platform they use. See what I'm saying?

I am zee that is the 10
    world saviour likes this.
    01-01-15 11:07 AM
    I think if you look flip at the coin, when he says "go find an iPhone user" surely the person has options. If he recommended bb10, then any problem comes back to him. If he's unavailable, they are screwed because not many people around are tech savvy to know more than the platform they use. See what I'm saying?

I am zee that is the 10
    Lol not really. If he's recommending an iPhone and has admittedly said he's the go to guy for tech help it doesn't make much sense on any level to recommend an iPhone to people who he knows are going to struggle with it, only to turn them away when they come for help. Unless his point was that he doesn't want to be bothered by non tech people at all which is why he's turning them away. But the logical thing to me would be to recommend a BB10 phone and them show them how to use it when they come to him for help. But either way, I guess he has his reasons.
    01-01-15 11:20 AM
    There are times this BlackBerry user recommends people get an iphone. I have a large BBM list now. It need not get any bigger. Over the last few years people scratched their heads at why I still carry a BlackBerry device. They would get to a point they had to ask. In 5 minutes they understood and many went out and got one. Unfortunately, when you are seen helping people with their electronic issues you become the go to person. Now anything BlackBerry people tell others to go see Playbook007. Any other electronic issues, go see Playbook007. I don't have a problem with this at all. I like helping people. However, there are a few people that are totally inept with electronics. I feel sometimes it should be illegal for them to own such a device. Yet they seem to have the money to buy the latest. They switch computers, tablets, phones on an on going basis, perhaps in search of something that will work for them. Something that won't have any issues. That perfect OS, that perfect device. Yet these people can't set up their email, never remember a password, don't understand that Google isn't the only search engine out there etc. Trust me, you know the ones. Those I direct to Apple. It's not long before they come running, but then I get to say, oh you will have to ask an iphone user. I don't know how. And it works!

Posted via CB10
    In the case of these folks, the iPhone is the perfect device. Just one button to press and one app to use at once. And if they ever have an issue they can go and see the genius at the Apple store. I give Apple credit, their gear is easy to use and integrates seamlessly. If you are not at all technically inclined it is a good option.
    01-01-15 11:43 AM
    Lol not really. If he's recommending an iPhone and has admittedly said he's the go to guy for tech help it doesn't make much sense on any level to recommend an iPhone to people who he knows are going to struggle with it, only to turn them away when they come for help. Unless his point was that he doesn't want to be bothered by non tech people at all which is why he's turning them away. But the logical thing to me would be to recommend a BB10 phone and them show them how to use it when they come to him for help. But either way, I guess he has his reasons.
    Idk man if you recommend something that isn't popular to non tech people, the first problem they have its your fault. Because you made them buy it. It's a risk. If they have an iPhone and there's a problem, they are less likely to haggle you because they see it as the "best choice " or "popular choice" so surely you didn't just pull a recommendation out of your arse.

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 12:18 PM
    In the case of these folks, the iPhone is the perfect device. Just one button to press and one app to use at once. And if they ever have an issue they can go and see the genius at the Apple store. I give Apple credit, their gear is easy to use and integrates seamlessly. If you are not at all technically inclined it is a good option.
    That's exactly why they're popular. The genius bar was a genius idea also. LOL.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    01-01-15 12:21 PM
    I consider myself reasonably techy but I really have problems using my iPhone & subsequently my iPad too.

On the contrary I had no problems when I picked up my BlackBerry Curve & BlackBerry Z10. I thought it was totally intuitive.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 12:36 PM
    Hey Donnation. Happy New Year and everyone else. Thanks Spike for helping out with the understanding for Donnation. Donnation the word inept carries this meaning. "Lacking or showing a lack of skill or competence; bungling or clumsy:". Now put the word totally in front of that! Then read closely what I wrote after "totally inept"......then return here.....now these people see I get a z10, they get one. A Z30 they get one. A passport, they get one. But they have money and are totally computer inept. They don't record passwords, usernames, can't remember any of them, no matter how many times you show them the easiest task, they just don't catch on and never will. They figure by going out and spending money, it will solve their tech problems, yet it is them that is the sole problem. So usually somewhere along the line they may say something like this..."my niece says I need an iphone". The door just opened. "Yes you need an iphone!". Now I know this won't solve their problem in the least....but it sure solves mine......lol

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 01:23 PM
    Hey Donnation. Happy New Year and everyone else. Thanks Spike for helping out with the understanding for Donnation. Donnation the word inept carries this meaning. "Lacking or showing a lack of skill or competence; bungling or clumsy:". Now put the word totally in front of that! Then read closely what I wrote after "totally inept"......then return here.....now these people see I get a z10, they get one. A Z30 they get one. A passport, they get one. But they have money and are totally computer inept. They don't record passwords, usernames, can't remember any of them, no matter how many times you show them the easiest task, they just don't catch on and never will. They figure by going out and spending money, it will solve their tech problems, yet it is them that is the sole problem. So usually somewhere along the line they may say something like this..."my niece says I need an iphone". The door just opened. "Yes you need an iphone!". Now I know this won't solve their problem in the least....but it sure solves mine......lol

Posted via CB10
    Yes that makes more sense. So you are telling them to get an iPhone so you won't have to answer any questions on the device if they come and ask you about it.

I guess my thought is that if they are inept anyway then why not just let them be inept on a blackberry and help them, unless you just don't want to deal with them at all.
    01-01-15 01:41 PM
    Lol....you can't help them...and either can Apple, but at least they can't come back on me and say I gave them a bad recommendation. After all Apple is the best no?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-15 02:38 PM
    Lol....you can't help them...and either can Apple, but at least they can't come back on me and say I gave them a bad recommendation. After all Apple is the best no?

Posted via CB10
    Lol that's what I resolved to. If they end up stump on ios I never recommend android. I might then introduce bb 10 with disclaimers

I am zee that is the 10
    01-01-15 08:47 PM