So... I live in FL which is eastern standard time... and I've noticed about every 1 or 2 month my Blackberry just decides it wants to be on Pacific time without me changing any settings.. This can get pretty frustrating sometimes especialy since my old alarm clock broke, making my BB the primary wake up device...

So when my alarm doesn't go off in the morning I end up waking up an hour late(on my own) for work because it decided to be on eastern standard time..::::looks at my phone::::: hmmm times outta wack.... WTF?? NO GOOD! Why does it do this ? I know it's not an isolated incident because my old 8330 did the same thing... I thought it was just that phone but now my 8530 is doing the same thing it's older brother did! The only way to fix it is to go into my time/date setting and manualy change it back to eastern standard... How do I stop this from randomly Happening ???

Any advice ???
    04-22-10 10:34 PM
    Do you have Auto update time zone set to on? And do you have Use Network Time selected to yes? Other than that, how close to the triangle are you? Haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-10 11:51 PM
    ever since my i had my 8330 i have "Auto update time zone" set to off.. and i have "use network time" set to yes.(tried set to no before to, same results). but it still changes my time zone... lol and if your referring to the bermuda triangle lol im quite a bit north of it in west palm lol.. thats a crock though
    04-23-10 12:01 AM
    Do you have Auto update time zone set to on? And do you have Use Network Time selected to yes? Other than that, how close to the triangle are you? Haha

if this were the case, it wouldnt show Pacific Time, he would just disappear then reappear 3 hours later somewhere off the coast of Greenland.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 04-23-10 at 03:03 AM.
    04-23-10 02:36 AM
    Do you get your time from your PC and is its time zone set to Pacific time? That might be the problem.
    04-23-10 09:03 AM
    That's right, if you syncing to you comp and its time is kerfuffeled, that's a word my gf's german gma would use! Lol that could be causing the issue. Doesn't seem like anyone has much else for you fedge sorry.

04-23-10 09:48 AM
    Do you get your time from your PC and is its time zone set to Pacific time? That might be the problem.
    You know what? I think you may be right.... I'm at work right now but when I get home I'll check my pc time and date setting.... I know the time is correct on it but it may have the time zone set wrong... I'll check it out and see what happens!! thank you
    I'll let you know if this is it...
    04-23-10 11:25 AM
    Well, Tiassa you hit the nail right on the head!!! Thank you so much!.. My PC has been stuck on Pacific time, alllllllllllllllll this time since maybe the middle of 2009 and I never knew it because the time was always correct.. I appreciate your help!!... Never thought my phone would sync the time zone when I hooked it up to the pc.. I learn something new everyday here on CB!.
    Last edited by fedge; 04-24-10 at 04:04 PM.
    04-24-10 03:57 PM
    There is an option in the DM to disable it.

04-24-10 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD