10-01-16 05:57 PM
179 ... 678
tools
    bear in mind different needs breeds different opinions
    Whatsapp for a long time was inferior to BBM, slower to deliver, no read notifications etc.
    BBM went cross platform, and I have to stress this, worked fine between BB10 and Android for a long time. But after a while, BBM started playing up, well after I went from BB10 to Android. Messages would deliver late. I ended up testing it one day. BBM took a hour to deliver a message. Not sure why the service degraded like that.

So why I think others is superior, Whatsapp, ease of use, not exactly hard to set up, reliable messaging. Widely used, you'd have to look hard to find someone NOT on Whatsapp. True crossplatform until recently when they pulled BB10 support

Hangouts. Well its baked in, but suffers from lack of users much like BBM. offers video calls for free. reliable enough service to a degree.Only problem is only Googlephiles use it. Even with Google desperate to kill Hangouts off, it still receives support. Completely ad free and free to use.

Skype. I actually dont like Skype, I think BBM is better than it, but Skype is bigger and if you use a computer you have a skype account, whether you know it or not. Just as bad a memory hog as BBM if not worse.

Facebook Messenger. This started out not very good and has improved the most out of all the apps. Free to use. reliable. offers calls and video calls for free. Forget its facebook messenger and use it and you'll be happy with it. Again, easy to connect as it has the biggest social network powering it.
    With Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp, it is very hard to persuade someone they need a third messenging app.

Used to love BBM, used it all the time. It was sad to see it fall as far as it did before i made the decision not to reinstall it on my device
    Make sure that BBM on Android is allowed to remain connected in the background. This is the numnber 1 reason (as far as my own analysis goes) why BBM messages are delivered late. You'll have to select the option and you'll have to review your general app settings. Maybe even power management settings.

About the alternatives. I only use WhatsApp, against my wishes. Seriously considering dumping it. But the integration of WhatsApp in my country is enormous.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 04:23 PM
    Make sure that BBM on Android is allowed to remain connected in the background. This is the numnber 1 reason (as far as my own analysis goes) why BBM messages are delivered late. You'll have to select the option and you'll have to review your general app settings. Maybe even power management settings.

About the alternatives. I only use WhatsApp, against my wishes. Seriously considering dumping it. But the integration of WhatsApp in my country is enormous.

Posted via CB10
    Preaching to the choir mate. I did all that as standard. It worked fine, then it never. I looked into all possibilities as well as to why it was acting that way. Even checked my friend's phone and retested.

Used to hate Whatsapp but have grown to appreciate it for picking up the ball where BBM dropped it.

Even now, I try different options, to Whatsapp, but the takeup is too huge to convince anyone to try something new.
    09-27-16 04:29 PM
    I actually have BBM Protected, but it was very tricky to get it. I think they should make it a priority to offer it within the BBM Shop.
    I agree. I have it, but it was too hard.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    09-27-16 05:54 PM
    I like communication with sharing personal information. I can dump someone without have my number spied or stalked.

Emperor of Texas & California.
    10-01-16 05:57 PM
179 ... 678