He did a good job but its time to pass the the torch to someone thats more agressive both in marketing,product delivery and innovation. Bbry need someone that will inspire people in this company to do more than the normal to get this company out of this mess.

Posted via CB10
    hindsketchup238, xBURK and nappp like this.
    06-28-13 10:15 PM
    Thor is intelligent and sincere but may not be the right man for the job. They need someone who is willing to take some risks and shake things up.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    06-28-13 10:21 PM
    First you people say he's done wonders and a great CEO. Now you get an earnings call that has slightly lower expectations and he's gotta go.

God what a bunch of babies. Things aren't going to happen in the first few quarters of release. Relax and let's see what happens down the road.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:33 PM
    Thor without his hammer

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    06-28-13 10:33 PM
    Yawn

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:34 PM
    First you people say he's done wonders and a great CEO
    I've never once said that.

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits and nappp like this.
    06-28-13 10:35 PM
    This is not cry baby. Its.the nature.of.this.business. He paved the way for bb10. Now give way.for.someone that will do things out.of.the box.

Posted via CB10
    appu3239 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:49 PM
    Thor: CEO or Con Artist?
    zeteo, DawgMan and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    06-29-13 02:48 AM
    Think his results are ok But he's not exactly selling the tickets, Halloo My name is Thor I speak very evil and very slowly so I'll bore all to death just to show how serious this company is. It is said that Jobs did a lot of press handling / PR there seems to be none for blackberry,
    zeteo likes this.
    06-29-13 02:54 AM
    And, god, please stop calling him Thor!!! Lol. It's embarrassing.
    06-29-13 04:32 AM
    Dont get me wrong guys. I like using blackberry phones specially my z10. Just want the company to do better. Blackberry is a very capable company and they just need the right leader at the helm. Maybe the should hire kevin as he.understands the market and knows what it takes to get it done right.

Posted via CB10
    Manish Chaudhary and zeteo like this.
    06-29-13 05:58 AM
    First you people say he's done wonders and a great CEO. Now you get an earnings call that has slightly lower expectations and he's gotta go.

God what a bunch of babies. Things aren't going to happen in the first few quarters of release. Relax and let's see what happens down the road.

Posted via CB10
    Unlike some here I didn't jump on the bandwagon on his first day on the job. It was both funny and sad how he was considered the best CEO in the tech industry just because BBRY did what they had to do: update their product to current industry standards, something which anyone would have done in his position.

My opinion of him started out neutral, preferring to evaluate him on his actions. For various reasons too numerous to go into in this post my opinion of him deteriorated and hit rock-bottom when I heard yesterday that they're planning on releasing another OS 7 device. There isn't a worse message about your new OS that a BBRY CEO can send out to the market.

Until he understands the importance of apps, he won't "get it".
    06-29-13 06:29 AM
    Why go? He does a good job they had a loss of 485 million dollars, he reduced it to a loss of 85 million in 12 months time I believe? Ok it sucks that the tablet is not getting a update to 10.1 but it's not the end of the world. It's only been six or seven months since BlackBerry 10 came out, the only way for BlackBerry is up they already went to the bottom. Now I just hope since smart watches is going to be trendy blackberry will develop one also android has some, iPhone is making one, blackberry should be next!

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and Thesmartmale like this.
    06-29-13 06:51 AM
    You mean MiniMike?

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-29-13 06:56 AM
    This seems a bit pre-mature...considering all the products he intended to sell have yet to be released. I'm thinking it's going to take a couple of years to truly gauge his performance.
    06-29-13 07:01 AM
    This seems a bit pre-mature...considering all the products he intended to sell have yet to be released. I'm thinking it's going to take a couple of years to truly gauge his performance.
    +1

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-29-13 07:32 AM
    Why is this in the Z10 area?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:50 AM
    I wish the BlackBerry people were more interesting as their products are.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:06 AM
    And I think back to the smarmy grin he had all the way through Crackberry's interview in NYC. He probably knew then.
    06-29-13 08:07 AM
    This company has always had brutal marketing! Even from the days Of Balsillie. They rested on their laurels and still seem to think people care that it's BlackBerry. They need a CEO who has a deep hard driven marketing back ground. They now have the product up to and in my opinion better than their competition, now they need to aggressively market it in the US and globally for that matter. Until this happens nothing will turn the BlackBerry ship around.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:39 AM
    Blackberry is confused right now if they want to make it a business phone or a people's phone or both.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    06-29-13 08:42 AM
    This company has always had brutal marketing! Even from the days Of Balsillie. They rested on their laurels and still seem to think people care that it's BlackBerry. They need a CEO who has a deep hard driven marketing back ground. They now have the product up to and in my opinion better than their competition, now they need to aggressively market it in the US and globally for that matter. Until this happens nothing will turn the BlackBerry ship around.

EXACTLY > AGGRESSIVE Marketing is what's needed, CEO appears to be doing a good job.
    Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:43 AM
    This is not cry baby. Its.the nature.of.this.business. He paved the way for bb10. Now give way.for.someone that will do things out.of.the box.

Posted via CB10
    Man you have the same problem as me... with little landscape support on the Z10 the space bar is too small in portrait and I hit the period all the time when writing. Seriously the most annoying thing ever! So much for the keyboard knowing what I want to say. Since.when.do.sentences.look.like.this. And then on top it links to twitter. I don't even use twitter

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:48 AM
    Thor made two big mistakes.

The first was in appointing a none American director of marketing. This led to poor marketing in the US.

Second. He is way too conservative. He is so concerned with becoming like Palm and running out of cash, that it did not spend enough to ensure that the launch went well.

It may be too late to change these things. Market perception is now so negative. I would keep Thor but get rid of Boulben.

"Yes, we have teams working on BB10 for the PlayBook. " Thornton Heins March 8, 2013
    DariusG1996 likes this.
    06-29-13 08:55 AM
    Was never a fan of Thor from the beginning. Too much old regime at Blackberry and he hasn't done anything to change the fact that Blackberry still is always late on products and updates and continues to lie to their core base of customers.

Blackberry never intended to release BB10 to the playbook but they continued to lie to the public to try and sell more of the disastrous playbook to customers in a last ditch cash grab. Thor is nothing more than a pawn in a terrible infrastructure to a company that continues to disappoint its customers.
    NotGoodIMO and zeteo like this.
    06-29-13 09:02 AM
103 123 ...