Ok price drop is awesome but why the heck you guys trolling? Talk about how "sturdy" your phone is in the iOS discussion thread. This isn't about a iP4

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-09-11 10:39 AM
    Ok price drop is awesome but why the heck you guys trolling? Talk about how "sturdy" your phone is in the iOS discussion thread. This isn't about a iP4
    In light of the thread title and the similarities between the iPhone 4 and 4S, I'd say it is about the iPhone 4, at least in part.
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-09-11 12:24 PM

Look - someone saying they like an iPhone doesn't make them a troll. Just stop.

Someone posted about concerns about the sturdiness of the iP4S with a glass front and back. OWNING THE 4S AND HAVING HAD THOSE CONCERNS I RESPONDED WITH A REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE. Since this thread includes discussions comparing the phones, it sure as **** applied.

Enough with the baseless trolling accusations because not everything is 100% RIM content. It's not a requirement here that every thread has to only ever talk about RIM, particularly threads comparing BB and iOS.

Seriously, just enough. You're troll accusations are getting old.
    10-09-11 07:05 PM
    Maybe not trolling, but certainly baseless attempts at justification. (Endlessly trying to justify an iPhone purchase on a BlackBerry forum. Give it up already. )
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and people who own glass sandwich iPhones shouldn't pretend they are anywhere close to durable.
    10-09-11 08:49 PM
    To each his own. But the antennae issue is fixed in that the 4S intelligently switches between its two different antennae to maintain signal. ...
    Not quite. The iP4S has separate antennas for incoming and outgoing signals to "help improve call quality". I wouldn't bet on a better signal. I guess we'll see when people start using them.
    10-09-11 08:53 PM
    Maybe not trolling, but certainly baseless attempts at justification. (Endlessly trying to justify an iPhone purchase on a BlackBerry forum. Give it up already. )
    The above is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Perhaps if those in the "BlackBerry forum" spent less time spewing misinformation about other devices and more time discussing their own devices, other wouldn't feel the need to counter the misinformation. Right on cue, here's an example of misinformation you offered:

Not quite. The iP4S has separate antennas for incoming and outgoing signals to "help improve call quality". I wouldn't bet on a better signal. I guess we'll see when people start using them.
    Negative; it's not an "incoming vs outgoing" split. You probably misinterpreted the following line:

"iPhone 4S is the first phone to intelligently switch between two antennas to transmit and receive, so call quality is better."

This does not mean one antenna sends while the other receives; it actually means both are used to send and receive as needed, based on whichever is performing better at the time.
    10-09-11 09:00 PM
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and people who own glass sandwich iPhones shouldn't pretend they are anywhere close to durable.
    Baseless?

Watching my 'glass sandwich' bounce off a concrete floor and come out of it unscathed without even a screen protector on it isn't exactly baseless. Endlessly justifying an iPhone purchase on a BB forum? When someone asks a valid question about iPhone vs BB on a BB forum, why the **** shouldn't they get the answer they were looking for?

My Curve was also durable, but when IT hit a concrete floor I had to order a replacement front plate because the screen cracked.

But you're right, having experienced the glass phone falling from a considerable height and not breaking certainly is baseless.

Thank you, Jake Storm, for telling me what I am and am not permitted to do.
    10-09-11 09:16 PM
    Aside from keeping the same outside design (which I personally love), the 4S is a completely new phone on the inside. Just sayin'.

10-09-11 09:22 PM
    Baseless?

Watching my 'glass sandwich' bounce off a concrete floor and come out of it unscathed without even a screen protector on it isn't exactly baseless...
    Cool story bro.
    10-09-11 09:24 PM
    "iPhone 4S is the first phone to intelligently switch between two antennas to transmit and receive, so call quality is better."

This does not mean one antenna sends while the other receives; it actually means both are used to send and receive as needed, based on whichever is performing better at the time.
    Yes it does. I believe you have misinterpreted the line.
    10-09-11 09:26 PM
    The above is a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Perhaps if those in the "BlackBerry forum" spent less time spewing misinformation about other devices and more time discussing their own devices, other wouldn't feel the need to counter the misinformation.
    How chivalrous of you to defend the honour of your beloved phone
    10-09-11 09:28 PM
    The PlayBook bridging is quite a nice thing and plenty fast with the 99xx devices for web access. You will really like that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-09-11 09:28 PM
    How chivalrous of you to defend the honour of your beloved phone
    Enough, Jake. You don't own the forum and you don't dictate who is allowed to post here nor what they are allowed to post.

Oh, and I'm not a bro. Although I'm sure you used the term deliberately to belittle and attempt to make someone feel like they are lower than you.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-09-11 at 09:34 PM.
    10-09-11 09:30 PM
    Yes it does. I believe you have misinterpreted the line.

No it doesn't, TheEconomist is right. I watched the keynote. That's exactly how it was described and visually demonstrated. You misinterpreted, not TheEc.
    10-09-11 09:33 PM
    Fascinating. What factors would cause antenna "A" to perform better than "B" now, but
    then "B" better than "A" on a different occasion?

10-09-11 09:37 PM
    Enough, Jake. You don't own the forum and you don't dictate who is allowed to post here nor what they are allowed to post.

Oh, and I'm not a bro. Although I'm sure you used the term deliberately to belittle and attempt to make someone feel like they are lower than you.
    Post whatever you want.
    Don't try to tell me I can't reply to it (See how that works both ways?)
    10-09-11 09:40 PM
    Okay, let me rephrase -when you start responding respectfully then you will get respect in return. You showed a complete lack of respect and behaved like you owned the forum. Hence the tone of the response. Respond with an ounce of respect and you may get some back. See how that works both ways?

Ball's in your court.
    10-09-11 09:45 PM
    Okay, let me rephrase -when you start responding respectfully then you will get respect in return. You showed a complete lack of respect and behaved like you owned the forum. Hence the tone of the response. Respond with an ounce of respect and you may get some back. See how that works both ways?

Ball's in your court.
    Your respect means little to me. Not something I strive for.
    I respect like minded people (BB addicts) who are on the appropriate forum to discuss the device they like. After all, I may not own this forum, but that's why it was created. See my sig.

Don't go on any fan site with unsubstantiated stories about how your device is better and not expect anyone to question you. In fact some would argue that you did in fact expect that response. Hence why another user accused you of trolling.
    10-09-11 10:20 PM
    Aside from keeping the same outside design (which I personally love), the 4S is a completely new phone on the inside. Just sayin'.

Yeah. That phone is pretty sexy and sleek. RIM knows how to design business phones (which also look sexy to me, (don't ask me how many phones I ****)), but they need to learn how to design consumer phones.

And lets face it, iPhone isn't the most sold phone for no reason. It's legacy carries it on, and it's constantly bringing something new to the table.

iPhone's are amazing. But me, I'm a BB fan. And prefer the BlackBerry brand.
    10-09-11 11:10 PM
    I've been here longer than you Jake, and started here using BBs. I sell them so I still am here as a member of the community I've been part of for 3 years. If I see someone ask a question about Apple, or if I see a non Apple user give wrong information, I will answer. That's not trolling. That's participating in a forum.

And now I will continue to participate in this forum, as an iPhone user, like I have for the last three years through BBOS, WebOS, and Android.
    10-09-11 11:13 PM
    ... I sell them ...
    With the experience that most forum members have had with cell phone sales people, that is probably something you want to keep to yourself if you are looking for respect
    10-09-11 11:29 PM
    O already explained the antennas before. I got trolled by them and the thread was locked. Antennas are used to ensure higher signal. Cell radio supports hspa+ 14.4. The two antennas are to eliminate most of the effects of attenuation and other stuff. The phone will simply use which one has the highest reception at any given time. It does not use both antennas at the same time. You don't need two antennas to get hspa download speeds. Antennas don't make downloads faster. They just make them happen. The cell radio is what dictates how fast a phone can download. It is in the soc (which also houses the CPU and gpu).

The end.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-10-11 12:35 AM
    The end.
    Far from the end....
    Expert: iPhone 4S antenna system could infringe on Samsung patents | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Looks like Apple is about to get sued by Samsung for patent infringement

Interesting article. Among other things, it explains that contrary to what the iSheep would have you believe, Apple did not invent this magical new technology. In fact antenna switching has been around for years and is common in cordless phones.
    It appears to be a bandaid solution to a bad initial design.
    No wonder people were unimpressed when the 4S was revealed. Another average product hyped to the sky by a world class marketing team.

So, yeah. Sorry H8ter, but it's not over just because you say it is.
    10-10-11 12:54 AM
    Ah... nerdy blackberry fanboys trolling and stirring things up out of nowhere... why am i not surprised.
    10-10-11 12:55 AM
    O already explained the antennas before. I got trolled by them and the thread was locked. Antennas are used to ensure higher signal. Cell radio supports hspa+ 14.4. The two antennas are to eliminate most of the effects of attenuation and other stuff. The phone will simply use which one has the highest reception at any given time. It does not use both antennas at the same time. You don't need two antennas to get hspa download speeds. Antennas don't make downloads faster. They just make them happen. The cell radio is what dictates how fast a phone can download. It is in the soc (which also houses the CPU and gpu).

The end.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    How come the rest of the mobile phone industry is forced to put the antennas at the bottom of the phone ie, the furthest point from the head, yet the iphone has them all around?

10-10-11 02:26 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD