I don't mean to brag but I told you so, BB10 without Legacy features and BIS was a HUGE mistake. if done right, and I won't hold my breath here, it's the new OS7 device that has a chance to save BlackBerry.

In my honest opinion BB10 has no chance to compete, it's a niche within a niche that BlackBerry is globally.

Time to go back to BBOS, what BlackBerry did best, and give us the BlackBerry we always wanted, not an iphone wanna be.
    06-28-13 07:55 AM
    Is your head up your a55?

Posted via CB10
    2.7 millions of brand new BB10 devices shipped vs 4.1 millions BBOS, and that's 2.5 year old devices, old as hell. You do the math. Customers have spoken, they don't want BB10, they want Legacy OS with BIS.
    MizzCrack, JeepBB, MTL and 3 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:05 AM
    And I would do a u turn to the S4 not a downgrade to BBOS

This is added later but I don't mean I am leaving BB10 just that I really don't want to go back to BBOS. To each his own. I have a $642.00 Z10 because I paid full retail.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by travaz; 06-28-13 at 03:55 PM.
    nquyen, jayemmbee, Rello and 8 others like this.
    06-28-13 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I did a U-Turn back to my 9900 and now my 9700(just so I can use the Audible app) from a FREE Z10.
    06-28-13 08:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ugh, no thank you. All that crap has been on the market for years. If that's what someone wants, then they should just go for it. I mean jeez, it's just a phone.
    raremage likes this.
    06-28-13 08:12 AM
    I did a U-Turn back to my 9900 and now my 9700(just so I can use the Audible app) from a FREE Z10.
    I'm sticking it out with BB10 for sure. But yeah, the 9900 was a sweet device
    Mattster723 and MTL like this.
    06-28-13 08:12 AM
    I do miss the Bridge functionality of my 9900 / PlayBook, however I prefer the experience of my Q10 alone compared to those benefits.

Posted via my CB Q10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    06-28-13 08:38 AM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Q10 is awesome!! .. now need to sell many! .. and price Q5 very low so they can sell lots!!!!! (hopefully, while still at profit) ....
    geekaren likes this.
    06-28-13 08:44 AM
    I find this hilarious - anyone including myself whom mentioned that we weren't happy with the Z10 or Q10 and still preferred our 9900's etc..........were flamed and called TROLLS and old folks etc.

There is a reason BB7 outsold the new devices. I had always purchased a BB and not an iPhone up until 2012 - And that was because of the track-pad, BIS!!!, ease of editing, right click (type of functions), ease of use to quickly see & send messages and emails without performing 10 gestures to get THERE.

BB10 is amazing, but missing too many legacy features for the fan base.

For the New BB7. Slap on active-sync as an option with BIS, improve battery life, the camera cpu/components and I will pre-order it.
    06-28-13 08:47 AM
    Right. Let's just wipe two+ years of development off the books and go back to the platform that nearly sunk the company. That makes all kinds of sense.

News flash: the 'fan base' couldn't save the brand two years ago; it isn't going to save it now.
    06-28-13 08:50 AM
    I don't mean to brag but I told you so, BB10 without Legacy features and BIS was a HUGE mistake. if done right, and I won't hold my breath here, it's the new OS7 device that has a chance to save BlackBerry.

In my honest opinion BB10 has no chance to compete, it's a niche within a niche that BlackBerry is globally.

Time to go back to BBOS, what BlackBerry did best, and give us the BlackBerry we always wanted, not an iphone wanna be.

BB10 or bust.

A new OS7 device is only going to cater to an even smaller niche. No way BBOS can save BB.

They just need to concentrate on getting all BB10 devices out to all markets and push hard for the next couple of quarters in getting updated features. They have money in the bank and seem happy with the demand for the regions they have released in so far.
    06-28-13 09:04 AM
    I've tried since Jan to get on with my Z10. ....now into my 5th month. One big drawback for me is that I need a qwerty keypad, but as I was given the phone and can't afford to buy another one my keypad will stay lacking on my BB10 experience.

However, while there are things that I think the BB10 is brilliant at doing, there are also things that some Blackberry users miss and can't get used to not having.

Not everyone is going to like the new platform. Not everyone is going to want to go back to BIS. My preference on an all round basis is for my legacy with BIS.

Idealy, it would be nice to see both BB10 and OS7 running along side each other so users have the choice, can either move on, or stay with what they love.

Posted via CB10
    ilikebacon likes this.
    06-28-13 09:08 AM
    BB10 or bust.

A new OS7 device is only going to cater to an even smaller niche. No way BBOS can save BB.

They just need to concentrate on getting all BB10 devices out to all markets and push hard for the next couple of quarters in getting updated features. They have money in the bank and seem happy with the demand for the regions they have released in so far.
    When a company is selling 4.1 millions of its already long aging products vs 2.7 millions of its brand new product it's time to rethink it and update the old products.
    Most people don't want BB10, sad but true.
    06-28-13 09:17 AM
    This thread should be deleted not my posts.

Posted via CB10
    Contribute to the discussion and maybe the mods will stop deleting your posts... You know you don't have to post, right?
    ekv, Legal Eagle and jegs2 like this.
    06-28-13 09:20 AM
    When a company is selling 4.1 millions of its already long aging products vs 2.7 millions of its brand new product it's time to rethink it and update the old products.
    Most people don't want BB10, sad but true.
    Hilarious comment. It's not a VS. It's the same company. It's a '+'

Only you can make this a vs. Because of your biased BBOS nature.

Without BB10 there would be 30% lower sales. You are irritating with your BBOS obsession.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:20 AM
    Yep, staying with an operating system that has experienced a serious decline in market share and even sales is definitely the way Blackberry should go in the long term.

BTW, I personally believe Blackberry had technical issues with integrating BIS with QNX. That would explain its non-inclusion in BB 10 devices, as well the lack of an e-mail client in the Playbook 1.0 OS.
    06-28-13 09:21 AM
    This will all be moot in a few quarters' time. I doubt BB will be in the handset business much longer. Listen to the number of times TH talked about the 'extremely competitive environment' in the conference call. I expect BB to sharply scale back its operations and become a mobile device management-oriented company. The handset business will probably be sold or licensed to a third party.

Honestly, they should have gotten out of the handset business a year ago. Palm had a good chance of re-establishing themselves with WebOS in 2009, when iOS and Android were still very young, and they failed. We're in 2013 now and it's clearer than ever that BB won't claw back market share. It's far too late now.
    howarmat, anon(5828343) and jegs2 like this.
    06-28-13 09:22 AM
    I mean.. you don't even have complete figures..

2 mil of Z10 would equal to 8 mil of Curves.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:23 AM
    This is a knee-jerk reaction: in a lot of markets BB10 has barely been available, and is still in the midst of a rollout.

Even in the most lukewarm reviews of both the Z10 and Q10 praised BlackBerry for at least offering a modern operating system. Why go back to a system that for the bulk of the market has a poor reputation that BlackBerry 10 has a huge hurdle of overcoming to begin with?
    Takie and raremage like this.
    06-28-13 09:26 AM

Honestly, they should have gotten out of the handset business a year ago. Palm had a good chance of re-establishing themselves with WebOS in 2009, when iOS and Android were still very young, and they failed. We're in 2013 now and it's clearer than ever that BB won't claw back market share. It's far too late now.
    Palm had no money in the bank to even try staying afloat by the time that they started rolling out webOS, not to mention they were rolling in debt. BlackBerry at least has no debt on the balance sheet and has cash to try and make a go of it.

It's a tough road ahead, but hardware can be a part of it. The real issue is going to be what success they have in monetising the existing NOC through QNX and other services.
    06-28-13 09:30 AM
    You realize that this is the worst possible news ever, right? BlackBerry 10 sales were so bad that they're planning another bbos device. They're planning a device that led to its ultimate demise. And 4.1 million bbos is not sustainable. I mean just this quarter they lost 4 million subs overall. That number will only go lower. Belfast, still, you've lost it. Slightly delusional..

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 09:59 AM
    @agp....no he hasn't lost it. many still prefer OS7. Not everyone is going to embrace BB10.....so lose all those customers or keep a couple of OS7 models going for the ones that prefer them? It's not rocket science is it....

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-28-13 10:17 AM
    You realize that this is the worst possible news ever, right? BlackBerry 10 sales were so bad that they're planning another bbos device. They're planning a device that led to its ultimate demise. And 4.1 million bbos is not sustainable. I mean just this quarter they lost 4 million subs overall. That number will only go lower. Belfast, still, you've lost it. Slightly delusional..

Posted via CB10
    Don't kid yourself, the decision to make another BBOS device was made some two years ago, I knew about it over a year ago.

This quarter was a disaster for BB10 and an absolute success for BBOS, they sold 4.1 millions of TWO AND A HALF YEARS OLD DEVICES!!!!!! Imagine what that number could be if they had new updated BBOS devices. Sure, still not enough to compete with the iphone but miles better then BB10 by comparison.

In the end people vote with their wallets and they have just voted Legacy NOT BB10.

If BBOS lead to BB's demise, BB10 platform is simply murdering it!

BlackBerry customers don't want BB10, that's the reality.
    ekv, Legal Eagle, xanadome and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 10:18 AM
    All I am looking for in a phone is one that works with no bugs - software or hardware. Neither BBOS or BB10 does that.
    06-28-13 10:19 AM
    I loved my 9900 but I would not trade my Q10 for it....

I will continue to support the BB10 OS. It is the future, yet not perfect.

Posted via CB10
    travaz, steakman911 and omi10468 like this.
    06-28-13 10:28 AM
442 123 ...