I heard Sirius is on the verge of going bankrupt. My yearly subscription is up in March and I'm wondering what to do.
    02-20-09 11:33 PM
    Nah, they actually got "bailed out". But do what I did: Dropped XM in favor of Slacker!!
    02-20-09 11:43 PM
    holy crap!! that sucks.... there is hope. check this....

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/11/te...ref=technology
    02-21-09 12:08 PM
    Not for nothing, but no one in this world deserves a salary of $100 million a year. Mr. Stern needs to give back some of that $500 million he will receive from Sirius. Get rid of Martha Stewart cause no on gives a rat's a** about her radio program or anything about her life. Sirius' debt can be solved very easily.

If Sirius XM goes under, it won't be long before Slacker will start charging for the free application they have now. Paid internet radio will be the only thing left.
    02-21-09 02:43 PM
    My subscription is up next month - I'm not sure what I should do
    02-25-09 01:07 AM
    Well, think about how much you use it and it costs to have. Is it worth it? Do you use it enough that it is worth the price you pay?

If so, keep it.

If not, in this economy I would say ditch it; you can always go back.

I don't know if that helps or not. I find the radio stations I receive for free where I live to be quite sufficient in filling my need for Heavy metal rock. If I travel in an area where I can't get them....I have alternative means of listening to the music I really like.

Just my thoughts,

~Jazzi~

02-25-09 01:23 AM
    if you are really worried start paying monthly instaed of yearly.
    My 3 radios are up in March and I am going to do a yearly renewel

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:33 AM
    I wish I just paid the lifetime fee of $299/$399 a few years ago

Jazzi - Hopefully you are an Avenged Sevenfold fan
    02-25-09 02:35 AM
    Brian, I think you should get rid of Sirius immediately. I don't want you listening.

02-25-09 04:46 AM

There you go...
    02-25-09 05:45 AM
    Brian, I think you should get rid of Sirius immediately. I don't want you listening.

why is that?
    02-25-09 05:55 AM
    Call them.
    Ask for the retention department. Don't waste time with the thrid world person who initially answers-they can't do anything but read a script to you.
    Tell them you are about to leave upon this renewal.

Ask the retention dep't person for a better deal to keep you.
    I just renewed for $70 per year.

Did the same thing with Direct TV lowered my monthly bill$45 per month.

Only retention department personnel can do this. Its the last person before you leave.
    02-25-09 05:59 AM
    Call them.
    Ask for the retention department. Don't waste time with the thrid world person who initially answers-they can't do anything but read a script to you.
    Tell them you are about to leave upon this renewal.

Ask the retention dep't person for a better deal to keep you.
    I just renewed for $70 per year.

Did the same thing with Direct TV lowered my monthly bill$45 per month.

Only retention department personnel can do this. Its the last person before you leave.
    my man!!! thanx for the heads up... altough i did that with dish network and they let me go... now im with directv way better...

anyway, i listen all day at work, in my truck, while i game... they aint goin anywhere...

and i agree with Brian, people are way over priced.... this @#$t has to stop....

Keep rockin.. 14,15,16,19,23,27,28
    02-25-09 06:13 AM
    Liftime subscription sadly is only good for the life of your existing radio how stupid is that....
    02-25-09 06:27 AM
    Interesting tidbits for sure...
    02-25-09 06:31 AM
    Im getting ready to renew, cant live without my xm and the baseball lineup they have!!
    02-25-09 06:50 AM
    I heard Sirius is on the verge of going bankrupt. My yearly subscription is up in March and I'm wondering what to do.
    have you thought of trying slacker
    Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations
    02-25-09 06:52 AM

I'm a lifer too. What concerns me is that the phone aps are for XM and not Sirius.
    Whazzup?
    02-25-09 07:03 AM

What would be the point of paying for a lifetime fee? You would have still been in the same boat if they were going under. And based on the link provided by TStriker, things for Sirius XM aren't looking to promising at the moment.

As eve6er69 said, do a month to month if you're that worried about it.
    02-25-09 07:04 AM
    Not for nothing, but no one in this world deserves a salary of $100 million a year. Mr. Stern needs to give back some of that $500 million he will receive from Sirius. Get rid of Martha Stewart cause no on gives a rat's a** about her radio program or anything about her life. Sirius' debt can be solved very easily.

If Sirius XM goes under, it won't be long before Slacker will start charging for the free application they have now. Paid internet radio will be the only thing left.
    Considering it Howard Stern, how much do you think he should be paid a year?
    Now, before you answer that, look at the big picture...big names draw. Sirius didnt have the subscriber base they now have before Stern came aboard.

As far as no one giving a rats........ about Martha, I believe you're very much mistaken. Maybe YOU dont give a (s)hit about her (me either for that matter) but I can count off 10 names of people I know that practically worship Martha Steward.

I'm sure you've heard What Would Jesus Do...... today it's What Would Martha Do.
    02-25-09 07:12 AM

Im getting ready to renew, cant live without my xm and the baseball lineup they have!!
    I'm a lifer too. What concerns me is that the phone aps are for XM and not Sirius.
    Whazzup?
    For those about to renew again and those that have lifetime memberships, what happens to all of that if the company actually goes under? With the economy being in such bad shape, I'd wait on this one.
    02-25-09 07:17 AM
    I h?e 5 radios in all my trucks. They each have annual subscriptions. I'm not scared and they aren't going anywhere.

02-25-09 03:48 PM
    They sent me a notice saying that the streaming music via the web is no longer free (as of march)... it will be $3/month for that... unless... I renew NOW, in which case I could keep it free for the term of the new renewal.

That really p*ssed me off!!!

That is one of the best features of Sirius and taking it away (or charging more for it), I thought, was wrong.

So, I called them up and explained that I just got this notice and was not happy. They tried all the usual BS to convince me that it was worth it. I told them I will probably cancel when my annual agreement is up the end of Feb.

Long story short... 2 supervisors, 1 manager and the manager of "Retentions" later - I renewed my annual subscription for $75. And, as they originally offered, I get to keep the web client, without additional charge.

I asked them when an application similar to the XM streaming one, would be available for the Sirius offerings. They told me "it's in the works."

They said, under the new pricing model - it would be included as part of the web streaming package... no extra monthly charge.

I'll believe it when it happens!
    02-25-09 04:09 PM

I asked them when an application similar to the XM streaming one, would be available for the Sirius offerings. They told me "it's in the works."

They said, under the new pricing model - it would be included as part of the web streaming package... no extra monthly charge.

I'll believe it when it happens!
    well i talked to them about the xm for the BB. i told them that i have 4 radios (i did at the time) and that i payed alot of money every year for my suscription and to see if they would work or waive that price.
    this is what i got back.....
    Email Customer: Hi,

Thank you for contacting customer support, the XM for Blackberry is a separate service from all other XM services.
    There fore this is an additional cost for all users choosing to subscribe for this service. For more information on XM
    Blackberry visit the website below.

XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry�

Shajon Habibullah
    QuickPlay Media for XM Customer Support

thats a crock of crap. it is xm service!!! it is on their website so it is their service.
    02-25-09 04:44 PM
    They sent me a notice saying that the streaming music via the web is no longer free (as of march)... it will be $3/month for that... unless... I renew NOW, in which case I could keep it free for the term of the new renewal.

That really p*ssed me off!!!

That is one of the best features of Sirius and taking it away (or charging more for it), I thought, was wrong.

So, I called them up and explained that I just got this notice and was not happy. They tried all the usual BS to convince me that it was worth it. I told them I will probably cancel when my annual agreement is up the end of Feb.
    I have to say, I've already been paying the $3 extra monthly charge for the "premium" internet stream which is 128K vs your 64K stream and it ABSOLUTELY is worth it. Believe me, I've listened to both and if you use it a lot (which I do, probably more then my actual radio) the sound quality between the free stream and the pay stream is night and day.

Now, my understanding is they are charging for the internet stream but they are doing away with the 64K version. This means, if you decide to keep the internet service and pay the fee you'll automatically get the 128K stream. It's 100% worth that $3.
    02-25-09 08:23 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD