people are looking for alternatives. The isheep generation is almost at an end.
    Yeah, they are going to take a look at the Passport and say "This is what I'm looking for. Wider, thicker, heavier, retro hardware keyboard, smallest app selection, and not available from my carrier. And backed up by a company that almost went out of business a few months ago. Where do I sign up?"
    Caymancroc likes this.
    07-25-14 01:37 AM
    Let's face the facts... iPhone has remained the same since 2007 with a few additions of some gimmicks. Long ago the wow factor was there. Now things are getting old. ITunes has run its course and people are looking for alternatives. The isheep generation is almost at an end.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree tbh. The iPhone came a long way since 2007 and added tons of features, it's just that it's the gimmicks obviously that get the most publicity and attention. The only gripe I personally have with the iPhone is its closed, proprietary and dumb approach as well as their design-over-function mantra. Anything other than that it's a perfect multi purpose phone.
    07-25-14 02:01 AM
    Let's face the facts... iPhone has remained the same since 2007 with a few additions of some gimmicks. Long ago the wow factor was there. Now things are getting old. ITunes has run its course and people are looking for alternatives. The isheep generation is almost at an end.

Posted via CB10
    I think this is how you wish things were, but there is little evidence of what you say. The iPhone is still outrageously successful, and Apple sells many more of each new model then the last. The iPhone 6 will almost certainly break new sales records. Apple makes very good products, which sell in vast quantities. The competition is also strong, and Apple does not have a monopoly, but Apple will remain successful by any objective standard for quite a while yet. If it starts to decline, which has not happened yet, it has an enormous cash pile to try to turn things around. The current decline of Apple is a myth.

Also, if you really think the iPhone has remained the same since 2007, then you are blinded by irrational dislike of Apple. No, they don't completely reimagine the product every year. That would be a terrible business move. People's buying habits have shown that they like steady and regular updates without forcing them to relearn how to use the device with each new model. Add important new features at least every year, but don't reinvent the wheel. The two juggernauts in the smartphone world (Apple and Samsung) both follow that model with great success. The galaxy s5 is really just a steady improvement of the galaxy s4. Same goes for the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5. Over time though, the changes add up to a lot. If blackberry had followed this model since 2007, it would be in a different position today.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-25-14 06:43 AM
    All their sales numbers prove is that a generation of sheep are still out there. For me the iPhone OS is not even close to acceptable for communication.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8, lift and CerveloJohn like this.
    07-25-14 08:05 AM
    All their sales numbers prove is that a generation of sheep are still out there. For me the iPhone OS is not even close to acceptable for communication.

Posted via CB10
    For me, by far the biggest issue with the iPhone is battery life. I have an iPhone 5, and the battery life is absolutely terrible. I missed a plane the other day because I didn't get a text from the airline that the departure time and gate changed. My iPhone was dead, again... Other than battery life it's pretty good. My other complaints are mostly addressed in iOS 8.

I still have a soft spot for blackberry through.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-25-14 08:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    What a misconception on your part. People do have different needs and likes. We are not robots.

Posted with my Q
    07-25-14 08:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know what spin you are putting on things, but even by extreme fanboy standards it's OTT.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 09:22 AM
    The 2 devices are totally different. The iPhone is a device that is loved by many so much, that they want to use them for work. The Blackberry is a work device that's trying to become cool again.
    Blackberry should stop trying to be iPhone. It should just be a Blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    lift and Heinz Katchup like this.
    07-25-14 01:09 PM
    IOS is like a merry go round. Kids keep lining up but nothing changes.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 01:37 AM
    IOS is like a merry go round. Kids keep lining up but nothing changes.

Posted via CB10
    Read up on the changes coming to the new iPhone.

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    08-04-14 08:47 AM
    Yeah, they are going to take a look at the Passport and say "This is what I'm looking for. Wider, thicker, heavier, retro hardware keyboard, smallest app selection, and not available from my carrier. And backed up by a company that almost went out of business a few months ago. Where do I sign up?"
    Since when is a touch capacitive keyboard "retro"? Wider, thicker, heavier is very relative since the phone is supposed to be lighter and not much wider than a Note.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 09:36 AM
    IPhone changes? Let me guess.. they are removing the home button and making the user swipe. Revolutionary. At least to the i people.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 02:08 PM
    Speaking of never changing...

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    08-04-14 02:15 PM
    IPhone changes? Let me guess.. they are removing the home button and making the user swipe. Revolutionary. At least to the i people.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying it's anything I'm interested in but give me a break. Random words on Crackberry do not make it true.

Posted with my Q
    reeneebob likes this.
    08-04-14 02:23 PM
    OK. Let's put this one to bed. It's a big mobile market. Let these guys fight it out and we can enjoy the fruits.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:09 PM
    OK. Let's put this one to bed. It's a big mobile market. Let these guys fight it out and we can enjoy the fruits.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. Why shouldn't we have several good OS's to choose from?

�To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others� Buddha
    08-04-14 04:44 PM
    I did like article. However, it seems like this person is fed up with the proprietary ecosystem that is iOS.

Some people need a phone. The question is, "What else should it do for YOU?" Had he not gone with iPhone, he may never have known what BlackBerry offered him that he needs!

"To each his own."

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    01-04-15 02:32 AM
    I did like article. However, it seems like this person is fed up with the proprietary ecosystem that is iOS.

Some people need a phone. The question is, "What else should it do for YOU?" Had he not gone with iPhone, he may never have known what BlackBerry offered him that he needs!

"To each his own."

Z10 (STL 100-3) with vitamin 10.2.1.3337
    Thanks for the thread bump. Read it again all over, LOL :-)

Yeah, if had never encountered a problem in my life, I would have never picked up a bible to check what it has to offer...

Had a chance and actually wanted to buy an iPhone 3G/3GS back in the days, but the keyboard totally put me off...

Now I've got my dream device, a laptop in the pocket with all sorts of connectivity, a.k.a. BlackBerry Passport (after the Q10). Works for me. I checked the iPhone. Yeah, app selection is great, connectivity not so much (file formats, interactions with non-Cupertino devices, connection and file transfer to PC, ...)

Now let me add my 2% of a dollar to the tools/toys discussion. A Facebook app or any other app can be a tool. An app store with (industry-)specific apps can be a tool. Great email and connectivity, expandable storage, file manager, fluid OS navigation can be a tool. So iPhone as well a BlackBerry can either be a toy or a tool, in the eye of the beholder or in the hands of the respective user. A power user can be someone using specific apps for specific purposes in an industry, or someone managing communications and people all day. Different devices serve different needs and support different use cases. Yep: Each to their own. :-)

�   A berry good start and God's blessing to all in 2015 ...   �
    01-04-15 06:08 PM
218 ... 789