I work at a golf course where 90% of the guests use BlackBerry...used. They all still use the legacy devices, have used the Q and are not that impressed. They didn't capture any new customers and all the hard core BlackBerry users don't like the new formfactor....here anyway. It's going to be an AWFUL fall!!!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the moderator can also ban people who fall into the trap of "I see this small sample size of people acting this way, therefore everyone in the world will act this way" thinking.
    08-02-13 11:41 AM
    Not the case in Canada..... Next!

Swiped On My Zed10
    Well here in calgary Alberta I saw 4 Z10's in the wild. And 0 Q10's, are you in Eastern canada?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 02:45 PM
    It might just be getting even worse.....I hear the first upgrade on BES10 bricked the androids under "secure work space" MDM:-0......
    08-02-13 02:53 PM
    It might just be getting even worse.....I hear the first upgrade on BES10 bricked the androids under "secure work space" MDM:-0......
    Well YEAH! Its like an internet punch line...best way to secure android ~ Brick it!
    /joke off
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    08-02-13 03:05 PM
    BlackBerry is still known best for what it did well in its glory years. Great email, great security, great communication tool with a great physical keyboard.

However all those positive things have along the line been overshadowed by BlackBerrys short comings.

Now the great things I mentioned above more or less still exist with bb10 but there now much more value to BlackBerrys products. It is all the good things plus a modern OS, stable, better apps than before, with better tools for work life balance built in. The problem is that BlackBerry is not really known for these new great things yet which is a major marketing failure. In eyes of an average person bb10 has no clear identity, and for those who keep track with industry happenings see bb10 devices as just another line of phones. I have already mentioned that according to me it will now be a slow uphill battle for BlackBerry to improve their image and reputation. The main role in this battle would depend largely on marketing and execution.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 03:23 PM
    It was an erroneous memo, sent out by a deluded Canuck.

Murrica is the heart of all marketing.
    Not deluded!

It's massive if BlackBerry can start gaining ground on it's home turf! Then start slowly making in roads on the iPhone orchard south of here!

Well here in calgary Alberta I saw 4 Z10's in the wild. And 0 Q10's, are you in Eastern canada?

Posted via CB10
    I'm in Calgary too!

This is even more conformation another eye witness account!

Swiped On My Zed10
    08-02-13 10:36 PM
    Not deluded!

It's massive if BlackBerry can start gaining ground on it's home turf! Then start slowly making in roads on the iPhone orchard south of here!

I'm in Calgary too!

This is even more conformation another eye witness account!

Swiped On My Zed10
    The iphone is #1 in Canada, some of that Apple Kool aid get spilled in the Molson and labatts?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-02-13 11:04 PM
    In Canada they love it.
    Just keep trolling.....
    Bashing BB ......
    Just get off it! lol

BB Z10 rocks.
    08-03-13 01:58 AM
    In Canada they love it.
    Just keep trolling.....
    Bashing BB ......
    Just get off it! lol

BB Z10 rocks.
    I think we've concluded it's #3 in Canada.
    08-03-13 07:54 AM
    The time to change minds/opinions/sentiment has come and gone.-population.jpg
    Canada. Not enough.
    kbz1960 and h20work like this.
    08-03-13 09:21 AM
    The time to change minds/opinions/sentiment has come and gone.-canada-pop-breakdown.jpg
    This is Canada's potential targets for BB10 by age, gender.
    It leaves out one important stat. Fanboy who will not convert to BB10
    08-03-13 09:37 AM
    The irony is that the enterprise market IS the consumer market with the BYOD trend. Sure, there are still thousands of organizations that are hesitant to relinquish control, but even those who insist on issuing devices are being pushed towards iPhones and Androids by their users. BB recognizes this--which is why they released the all-touch Z10 first--but to date, it has yet to release a device that consumers would opt for whether its company-issued or self-purchased (BYOD).

For BB to succeed with an enterprise focus, it needs to double-down on being device agnostic and truly be the one-stop shop for cross-platform device management. And its device management capabilities will need to be more than just a little bit better than what's available from the other MDM players. It has to act as if BB phones don't exist to avoid falling prey to fears of "cannibalizing" hardware sales or handicapping management features for iPhone/Android as a way to push BB hardware.

BB also should move MDM/BES to the cloud via its NOC. It could continue providing an on-premise solution, but offer an even better hosted option with features that aren't possible in a private data center. Provide remote device registration and management, location tracking and theft protection, system backup, etc. Continue finding ways to add value to both the on-premise and hosted offerings that go beyond basic device security policies. For example, offer an "indoor GPS" service companies can use to apply different profiles and security policies within a building, such as automatically setting all phones in conference rooms to a silent/vibrate-only sound profile or a "print to nearest printer" feature. The hosted service should have an SMB-focused offering as well, since these companies don't want to be in the business of managing devices, but still have a need to enable an increasingly mobile workforce while controlling sensitive data.

BB should consider reorganizing itself based on a mission to provide complete, end-to-end mobile device management. For customers who want an entirely turnkey solution, BB has phones and can even offer a leasing-type arrangement. But, using BB phones to get BB services isn't required. Phones will become a product line in a comprehensive solution, but not one that BB depends on for survival. And the hardware division should be subsumed under this solutions-based org structure. The risk of a standalone hardware division is that it has to make devices to fulfill its purpose, even though making devices might not be a viable business for BB any longer. Devices are a means not an end. The organizational structure should allow for company leaders to kill off the hardware line without taking down the company.
    h20work likes this.
    08-03-13 03:38 PM
    regardless of what position they are in Canada, US or anywhere e for that matter. 1st, 2nd, 3rd...whatever. they don't need to be #1 to be successful but they do need to be smart to be successful. Marketing definitely is one area where they really need work because regardless of how good the bb10 OS and devices are, if their image stays the same that it has been for the last few years then things will not get better. Has their image improved with bb10? I would say maybe just a tiny bit but nowhere near where it needs to be. There are so many people out there that don't even know that BlackBerry has a new OS and new devices. Now that is a big problem. Also those that do know, many are those that think it's gonna be just as bad as always and aren't interested in even looking in BlackBerry direction. But I believe that if people actually see first hand how bb10 works, many will be impressed. I have shown many non believers what my Z10 can do and some are blown away with it. So it all comes down to getting everyone to know that BlackBerry is back and with something brand new, nothing like the old OS and how amazing it is. Then, maybe then, will things start to turn around and some people may take the leap and try bb10.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    08-03-13 05:04 PM
    This is how I always pictured things when people, websites and the media bash Blackberry a year a go - Well they just havent seen BB10 yet. THAT is going to change their mind. That will make Blackberry cool again. That will be physical proof that Blackberry is nowhere near dead or living in the past etc. In fact we will now see the media and websites getting behind Blackberry. BB10 is supposed to be that ONE BIG THING that changed everything.

And today I was just recollecting the thought above when I read the article here on CB about mainstream media vs cheerleaders. As it turns out, things are pretty much the same. BB10 has given BB attention but most of it is negative attention. We can argue about what did or didnt go wrong but as I saw it, BB10 was their one opportunity to turn sentiments around in a major way. It was their chance to convert a lot of haters in one go. I dont know if there will be that 'one big thing' that will change sentiments in millions for the near future. It just looks like a slow uphill battle now. I know BB10 made a lot of ex BB users give BB another look but sadly most of them are still firmly on the other side of the fence.

Unless BBM cross platform can do a ton of good for their image, reputation and the sentiments towards them, I think BB will have a very hard time rebuilding their reputation.
    I agree OP. When BBM goes cross platform, just wait and see what happens when there's an outage. They will get crucified all over again.
    08-03-13 05:22 PM
    If they capture 100% market share in Canada, they will sell 12million this year!

Granted some of those 12 m aren't due for an upgrade yet
    12 m seems a bit high. There are only 35 m people in the country. So 1 in 3 of every man woman and child owns a smart phone? I doubt it.
    08-03-13 05:29 PM
    12 m seems a bit high. There are only 35 m people in the country. So 1 in 3 of every man woman and child owns a smart phone? I doubt it.
    thats probably about right, maybe even low for 2013. Go look at 2012 numbers
    h20work likes this.
    08-03-13 05:39 PM
    AMEN!

Posted via CB10
    08-03-13 09:55 PM
    Canada has 44% smartphones per capita as of 2012.
    08-04-13 12:28 AM
43 12