SD cards aren't nearly the same thing as cloud storage. You don't get half the functionality of a cloud service with an SD card.
    Obviously, you don't pay for data.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 01:45 PM
    Obviously, you don't pay for data.

Posted via CB10
    Depending on where you live WiFi is widely available.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 02:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

I like having access to both, but if I had to pick (with my workflow and access to wifi/unlimited data), I'd pick the cloud.
    02-16-15 02:24 PM
    Agreed.

I like having access to both, but if I had to pick (with my workflow and access to wifi/unlimited data), I'd pick the cloud.
    Have to agree that the cloud has turned into a great tool.... can save a file and access it from any other device. Don't have to worry that if a lost my phone or dropped it in the ocean that I would lose all my contacts, pictures and documents.
    02-16-15 02:46 PM
    SD cards aren't nearly the same thing as cloud storage. You don't get half the functionality of a cloud service with an SD card.
    Sandisk wireless flash is your own portable wifi cloud....without all your personal info sitting on some server in china....

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    02-16-15 02:57 PM
    Sandisk wireless flash is your own portable wifi cloud....without all your personal info sitting on some server in china....

I guess it just depends on what you are storing and how sensitive it is. With the Sandisk unit, you could still drop it and either break or lose it, and then the data is gone. I've been using different online storage solutions for years... never lost a file yet.

But I do think that if BlackBerry had provided some type of BerryCloud with a small amount of free online and secure storage with the options to upgrade... it would have been a much used feature.

But to be honest, most of these Server Storage Farms are US located.... not saying that china doesn't have access.
    02-16-15 03:28 PM
    Yeah, and don't forget Remote File Access. This is MY personal FREE File (i)Cloud. It doesn't get any better than that. But expandable memory is probably the best way to have an (i)Cloud, because you don't CONSTANTLY rely on a fast network connection, as it is right there on your phone, and that is no doubt FASTER than any network to access. AND not to forget, you don't constantly WASTE data because everything has to be in the dang ICLOUD!
    We lost hundreds of photos once using our home network's cloud service. There was not enough memory on the phone so we had it upload and delete on device. Photos were gone, nowhere to be found. So, I prefer having an SD card and another back up.

Posted via Classic
    02-16-15 04:18 PM
    It really depends on what your priorities are. Probably best to use both in case one fails.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 04:21 PM
    It really depends on what your priorities are. Probably best to use both in case one fails.

Posted via CB10
    Yup!

Posted via Classic
    02-16-15 04:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I like to take my phone out and about where occasionally wifi is not available.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 04:28 PM
    I like to take my phone out and about where occasionally wifi is not available.

Posted via CB10
    Sure, we all do. But for me that's a small percentage of the time.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 04:29 PM
    SD is the3 way to go for sure...now, getting back to the OP's theme....

.... expecting an Isometric drawing program (app) would be something I sure could use...but before we go nuts demanding all kinds of goodies (and i Agree on the commentary re-Chen pushing devs to make Android apps instead of native -'TUPID), I would love to see a big push on making the following baked in Apps PERFECT.

Such as CONTACTS: Fix the damned duplication of contacts already...???? ...please.? "Links" don't cut it on a "professional device". This most often, in my experience, comes into play when I restore from a back up or change devices...and it is Maddening as hell.

Another pet Peeve is when one enters a contact manually, where is the Auto Capitalize on city, state/province/postal code...??

And kindly continue to upgrade BBry Link as well....I would like the option to restore individual apps...not just all the apps.

.....and lastly, for those of us that have been so afflicted - figure out why on a perfectly good device (Z30), the microphone for voice dies - reason unknown and is NOT repairable being a HARDWARE or Code issue. To be frank it bugs me to hell n back to have a perfectly good mobile "computer" (now sitting in a drawer), that is useless when used as it's primary function - A PHONE. As does the fact that in order to replace said mobile device, it cost me $210 CAD to renew a contract for a "free" New Z30..

stk

02-16-15 04:53 PM
    Many, many businesses are getting by just fine with ios and android.
    Yup, especially managed by BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
    02-16-15 05:09 PM
    Sure, we all do. But for me that's a small percentage of the time.

Posted via CB10
    Well for some of us, we are away from home most of the day away from Starbucks, hence the need for a mobile phone. Data is very expensive. And when you are paying for the carrier plans of 5 phones, it is even more expensive.

Sd cards are relatively cheap and can hold pictures, music, videos etc. And if you want, you can swap 64gb of data within 20 seconds by switching cards. Wham bam thank you maam. 64 gb of data transfer from the cloud? Not so fast, not so cheap.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 05:49 PM
    Sd cards are relatively cheap and can hold pictures, music, videos etc. And if you want, you can swap 64gb of data within 20 seconds by switching cards. Wham bam thank you maam. 64 gb of data transfer from the cloud? Not so fast, not so cheap.
    SD cards are a heck of a lot less trustworthy than cloud. They could get corrupted at any point.
    02-16-15 06:01 PM
    SD cards are a heck of a lot less trustworthy than cloud. They could get corrupted at any point.
    I've had that happen. Wham bamm data gone! LOL
    Again, if it's seriously something you cannot lose it should be backed up in more than one place. As said above, SD cards are an easy, fast way to store and switch data. I'm also looking at a USB OTG which could be handy.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 06:36 PM
    I've had that happen. Wham bamm data gone! LOL
    Again, if it's seriously something you cannot lose it should be backed up in more than one place. As said above, SD cards are an easy, fast way to store and switch data. I'm also looking at a USB OTG which could be handy.

Posted via CB10
    Now we're talking.

I love cloud storage, and use SD card as well, but also use USB OTG.
    02-16-15 07:03 PM
    Are these celebrity hacks sourced from mobile devices?
    Mobile devices have become a significant target of unauthorized access to personal information thru malware and third party apps, all readily available thru sources such as Google Play, Amazon Appstore and others. No sense wasting time on this subject. Let's also not start a pi$$ing contest on security as that discussion has been beaten to death. The point is, not one platform is perfect. Blackberry is far from that. Heck, as mature as BB10 is today, it's far from being glitch free - however it's pretty darn good. Blackberry chooses to focus it's resources on priorities which are core to its values. A stylus feature the OP described is clearly not in scope. However the choice not to offer that, doesn't automatically put them behind - however from the OP's perspective, it does. It's really a matter of optics and perspective.
    02-16-15 10:41 PM
    Lol. Love this.

And for the poster who said what BlackBerry can do, the iPhone can too, I guess they forgot about the NFC, DLNA, Miracast, USB2GO, file manager, expandable memory and emailing capabilities? I am not knocking iPhones. But let's be real. I have a friend who pays extra per month for iCloud when one SD card can solve storage issues cheaply.

Posted via Classic
    My favorite thing is how you equate an SD card to the cloud... Omg

NFC, AirPlay, file manger apps, and emailing capabilities are all equal. You can also get adapters to mirror nearly all USB functions. Catchup to the reality of the situation!
    techvisor likes this.
    02-16-15 11:05 PM
    If BlackBerry hasn't kept up because it doesn't have a stylus input (which would be nice) then neither has ios and many other manufacturers. There's almost no way for any one company to have it all in an industry with so many different players and devices all releasing different phones with their own unique features.

It's hard to keep up with the "Jones" when there's so many Jones's now.

So many people here complaining of missing features but every phone has something missing when compared to all others that exist.
    02-17-15 02:09 AM
    My favorite thing is how you equate an SD card to the cloud... Omg

NFC, AirPlay, file manger apps, and emailing capabilities are all equal. You can also get adapters to mirror nearly all USB functions. Catchup to the reality of the situation!
    The reality of the situation is someone else has YOUR info sitting on THEIR server....

02-17-15 03:02 AM
    If BlackBerry hasn't kept up because it doesn't have a stylus input (which would be nice) then neither has ios and many other manufacturers. There's almost no way for any one company to have it all in an industry with so many different players and devices all releasing different phones with their own unique features.

It's hard to keep up with the "Jones" when there's so many Jones's now.

So many people here complaining of missing features but every phone has something missing when compared to all others that exist.
    This is true. Thank you for that independent thought.

02-17-15 03:04 AM
    The reality of the situation is someone else has YOUR info sitting on THEIR server....

Who is your email provider? What search engine are you using? Do you use BBM? Someone has your info now and is selling it, even BlackBerry. Unless you live off the grid you are on it!

Posted via CB10
    tack likes this.
    02-17-15 03:28 AM
    Email : Startmail
    Browser(s) Dolphin zero/startpage
    Phone log in: fake credentials
    ...no, I get to have my cake and eat it too.
    My cloud ( so to speak) Sandisk wireless flash

No, not paranoid or off grid. Its just if someone wants my information they will have to pay for it...I don't cough up info for apps.

02-17-15 04:23 AM
    Ummm.... you can back up yer stuff on a computer if it is important to you. Wham bam done.

I've never had an sd card get corrupted. Knock on wood.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 07:04 AM
140 ... 23456