I'm an insurance adjuster and do a lot of emailing back and forth. When I had an iPhone it wasn't As easy to send a file as it is on the Passport or Android but it can be done. Can you do it as a direct reply? No. But that rarely needed to be done either. It was pretty easy to send whatever I wanted and there are free apps that let you easily attach multiple files. Right now for the last two days I have not been able to access my Onedrive account on my Passport but have zero problems on my one+.

I love my Passport but the other systems are all capable as well. My wife works for one of the largest companies in the world and she's able to get all her worldwide work done on an iPhone. Hopefully BlackBerry can right the ship, and I will hang on while they are here. They do have some great things going as well.

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    02-15-15 11:50 AM
    You're kidding me right? Have you ever tried the simple task of uploading your resume to an employer website with iOS? Oh wait, you can not do it because Apple have no file system even after 8 major OS release. But according to Google search, you could do it but it requires hours of research on how to jailbreak your iOS, install a 3rd party web browser, install a file manager, and an app that will allow you to upload files. Phew, if life was that easy with Apple then there would be no need for Android or Blackberry existence.

Should I leave it here or we can discuss more about email attachments if you like.
    Also, z10 =$200, iPhone =$750. You forgot about the 30 extra hours you have to work to pay the extra for the iPhone after taxes.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and anon(9188202) like this.
    02-15-15 12:18 PM
    Phew, if life was that easy with Apple then there would be no need for Android or Blackberry existence.
    Taking that logic, the less than 1% (or little more than that) market share of Blackberry says a lot about life with Blackberry.

(Sorry, can't help it)
    02-15-15 12:47 PM
    Taking that logic, the less than 1% (or little more than that) market share of Blackberry says a lot about life with Blackberry.

(Sorry, can't help it)
    Taking that logic, we should all eat at McDonald's to make our life easier because they serve billions.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and anon(9188202) like this.
    02-15-15 01:06 PM
    Taking that logic, we should all eat at McDonald's to make our life easier because they serve billions.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I never understood how people think that because something is hyped in popularity beyond common sense, it MUST be automatically the best you can have. Just because millions of people buy a VW Golf, doesn't mean it is the best car on earth.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 01:22 PM
    Exactly. I never understood how people think that because something is hyped in popularity beyond common sense, it MUST be automatically the best you can have. Just because millions of people buy a VW Golf, doesn't mean it is the best car on earth.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with the overriding point (popularity of a device does not mean it will work for me), the fast food/car analogies simply don't work.

From an economic point of view, McDonald's is the best option for the most people in that price range, availability and other elements being equal. Using the "fast food popularity fallacy" (yes, there is such a thing LOL) simply doesn't work in this case. using your example, if most people bought Golfs, then the golf is the best car for the most people. Simple.

BBRY's flagship devices do not have a price advantage.

So, yes, all things being equal (and I concede that they are not), marketshare can be used as a relatively simplistic measure of how effective a mobile platform is doing.

Funnily enough, Hai Bo's point (which was a great tongue-in-cheek response to an earlier statement) really wasn't making a concrete stance; he NEVER stated popularity is a measure of success.
    02-15-15 01:39 PM
    While I agree with the overriding point (popularity of a device does not mean it will work for me), the fast food/car analogies simply don't work.

From an economic point of view, McDonald's is the best option for the most people in that price range, availability and other elements being equal. Using the "fast food popularity fallacy" (yes, there is such a thing LOL) simply doesn't work in this case. using your example, if most people bought Golfs, then the golf is the best car for the most people. Simple.

BBRY's flagship devices do not have a price advantage.

So, yes, all things being equal (and I concede that they are not), marketshare can be used as a relatively simplistic measure of how effective a mobile platform is doing.

Funnily enough, Hai Bo's point (which was a great tongue-in-cheek response to an earlier statement) really wasn't making a concrete stance; he NEVER stated popularity is a measure of success.
    The fast food analogy works for most.

You can spot them thar golden arches out of a sea of signs. Brand recognition. They sell (serve) billions. Yet in blind taste tests, me be willing to wager the big mac attack would come in mclast as the populace wouldn't be Mclovin it cuz their their burgers are super bad. But sell they do.

Ya gits yerself in a mobile phone store and the same game is played. Apples and Samsungs displayed prominently with the associated brand recognition backed by motivated staff = sales success.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    02-15-15 03:15 PM
    The fast food analogy works for most.

You can spot them thar golden arches out of a sea of signs. Brand recognition. They sell (serve) billions. Yet in blind taste tests, me be willing to wager the big mac attack would come in mclast as the populace wouldn't be Mclovin it cuz their their burgers are super bad. But sell they do.

Ya gits yerself in a mobile phone store and the same game is played. Apples and Samsungs displayed prominently with the associated brand recognition backed by motivated staff = sales success.

Posted via CB10
    None of what you're saying is inherently wrong.

However, it ain't only about the marketing. One has to have a solid all-round product. McDonald's is a cheap alternative, but amongst cheap alternatives, it is a leader. We can ascribe a portion of the success in theory to marketing, but I still his that without a compelling product, marketing is a waste of time.

But yes, give the average McDonald's customer filet mignon for THE SAME price as a happy meal, and Mickey D's would be out of business.
    02-15-15 03:46 PM
    I am also hoping that Blackberry will one day decide to get back into the consumer market here in the USA. But, I honestly think that time has come and went.

As much as I preach the brand here, most everyone I know who once used a Blackberry has moved on. I was just at a client last week who was a huge supporter of Blackberry because of security.

Now they have moved to IOS and Android devices and talking to the IT folks there have told me that both platforms offer plenty of security for their corporate needs and the one major factor in their decision to drop Blackberry was continued long term support.

As much as I love my classic and passport, it's getting to the point here where one day in the near distant future, I will also have to go to the other side in order to continue to use my clients email systems because they will no longer support my Blackberry devices.

It's really sad to see this here, but that's the reality of the situation and I haven't seen Blackberry doing anything to change the perception of their brand here in the USA?

I will always be a loyal Blackberry user in my heart, but unfortunately I see myself using a different device for my smartphone and it may be more sooner then later. I only hope that things will improve in the near future, only time will tell.

Sent from my lovely classic on T Mobile USA
    No, bakron1, you defecting! 8-o

Hope your awful predictions don't come true and BlackBerry does what needs to be done... :-)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    thymaster likes this.
    02-15-15 03:51 PM
    ... inherently...

But yes, give the average McDonald's customer filet mignon for THE SAME price as a happy meal, and Mickey D's would be out of business.
    That made me smile. Thanks for that comparison.
    If it's easy to consume, it sells.
    Connoisseur Habana vs. cheap Lucky Strike.

And love the word "inherently", especially when it is used in context with logic and reasoning... :-)

"Inherently nonsensical..." (if that makes any sense, haha)

�   Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...   �
    thymaster likes this.
    02-15-15 04:04 PM
    BlackBerry pales in comparison to apple and android when it comes to professional focus. There's not a single thing BlackBerry can do which apple and android can't.

Posted via CB10
    That is a false statement...HUB is faster and better. Gesture is faster and better. Not just an opinion...I will put the Hub against any UI.Apple and android is geared towards games it seems, as 70% of their 1,000,000 apps are games.

Posted via the pure awesomeness of blackberry.
    thymaster likes this.
    02-15-15 05:01 PM
    Yes but consumers have moved past OS's on phones. You're fighting the last war. Its now about the ecosystems and apps. Most phones have competent OS'S. I love OS 10 but the others are either good or competent.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 06:51 PM
    That is a false statement...HUB is faster and better. Gesture is faster and better. Not just an opinion...I will put the Hub against any UI.Apple and android is geared towards games it seems, as 70% of their 1,000,000 apps are games.

It is an opinion. One I might agree with but still an opinion. Many, many businesses are getting by just fine with ios and android.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 06:55 PM
    Yes but consumers have moved past OS's on phones. You're fighting the last war. Its now about the ecosystems and apps. Most phones have competent OS'S. I love OS 10 but the others are either good or competent.

Posted via CB10
    Then Blackberry is in a perfect position for that because of HTML5, elimination of flash...soon apps will not be tied to a particular ecosystem because developers won't want to limit their source of income to 1 or 2 platforms. But I don't want to give Apple and free warnings...I would like them to go down an smell the burning sulfer

02-15-15 07:07 PM
    It's ok. I'd rather have all the whiners and complainers leave so I can enjoy my Blackberry in peace. Hehe.
    The whiners and complainers are on this forum because they want BlackBerry to exist, innovate and survive.

And they're also happy that you can enjoy your BlackBerry in peace.
    lnichols likes this.
    02-15-15 08:29 PM

Faster does not equal can't. Yes the hub is amazing, but if another device can allow business users to do all the things the hub can do, i.e. read messages and get notifications, plus those platforms have more apps to allow their employees to be productive, and the employees prefer those devices, then how great is the HUB in the grand scheme of things? Even if 70% of the apps are games, the remaining 30% still dwarfs BlackBerry's alternative, much of which is also games.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 09:45 PM
    OK, I will say it like this. If I were a CEO in Biomedical research or had other types of proprietary information I WOULD NOT want my sensitive data siting on Google or Apple servers...period...and for obvious reasons. This is why Samsung was trying to Wooo Blackberry....simply because knox is nothing like BES as far as security. I can't think of any business apps that my BlackBerry can't run that Apple or Android can. I don't have to sacrifice privacy or Apps OR give up permissions and contact info to the Google Apple monster. I've used Apples and Androids...IMHO my BlackBerry just does it better. BlackBerry lacks Marketing..and a few Apps but I don't have to give my shopping preferences and daily routine to Google for their target marketing...teenagers don't understand this, but I do. If BlackBerry was on TV again with some alternative music and some chick's dancing in the background, maybe show some icrap phones blowing up while Chen is in a bathtub full of money....maybe BlackBerry would be more "popular " again. but I think it's a mistake to confuse popular with productivity.

thymaster likes this.
    02-15-15 10:06 PM
    Attachment 333880
    Attachment 333881

02-15-15 10:08 PM
    OK, I will say it like this. If I were a CEO in Biomedical research or had other types of proprietary information I WOULD NOT want my sensitive data siting on Google or Apple servers...period...and for obvious reasons. This is why Samsung was trying to Wooo Blackberry....simply because knox is nothing like BES as far as security. I can't think of any business apps that my BlackBerry can't run that Apple or Android can. I don't have to sacrifice privacy or Apps OR give up permissions and contact info to the Google Apple monster. I've used Apples and Androids...IMHO my BlackBerry just does it better. BlackBerry lacks Marketing..and a few Apps but I don't have to give my shopping preferences and daily routine to Google for their target marketing...teenagers don't understand this, but I do. If BlackBerry was on TV again with some alternative music and some chick's dancing in the background, maybe show some icrap phones blowing up while Chen is in a bathtub full of money....maybe BlackBerry would be more "popular " again. but I think it's a mistake to confuse popular with productivity.

You've used Android and IPhone but prefer BlackBerry. That's good because there's significantly more former BlackBerry users that now prefer Android or IPhone.

As for productivity, if BlackBerry phones are more productive, then employees of BlackBerry are a lot more productive than Apple employees. Also, is marketing not part of productivity because that seems to be sorely lacking from BlackBerry.
    02-15-15 10:49 PM
    Can't thank of any business apps that BlackBerry can't run that ios can?

Try the apps for the medical and legal fields for starters. We've had several threads on here about those apps. Those r just two fields.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 12:23 AM
    Can't thank of any business apps that BlackBerry can't run that ios can?

Try the apps for the medical and legal fields for starters. We've had several threads on here about those apps. Those r just two fields.

Posted via CB10
    It's not only about apps, it's also about long term stability in the business world. The IT department and the folks who pay the bills want to have a warm and fuzzy feeling that your going to be around for a wile?

When you have no marketing here in the USA and your once iconic brand has all but been forgotten about? Go and ask any young person here if they ever heard of Blackberry and see what answer you get??

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    02-16-15 03:40 AM
    Time to catch up, BlackBerry...-back-90s.jpg

Stylus ... really ?!
    02-16-15 04:17 AM
    SD cards aren't nearly the same thing as cloud storage. You don't get half the functionality of a cloud service with an SD card.
    02-16-15 10:04 AM
    Even if "70% of their 1,000,000" are games, that doesn't necessarily mean that Apple or Google are focused on games over productivity. I'm sure gaming is on of their focuses, but not their platforms main focus. I'm sure if BB have a similar marketshare percentage as iOS or Android they would have just as many games available.

Developers make games because games make money, not because Apple tells them to.
    02-16-15 10:10 AM
    Even if "70% of their 1,000,000" are games, that doesn't necessarily mean that Apple or Google are focused on games over productivity. I'm sure gaming is on of their focuses, but not their platforms main focus. I'm sure if BB have a similar marketshare percentage as iOS or Android they would have just as many games available.

Developers make games because games make money, not because Apple tells them to.
    The fact that games make so much money attracts more developers to create more Apps, both for games and productivity. It's the Toys that are attracting the Tools in this case
    02-16-15 10:37 AM
140 12345 ...