Today we had a plumber visit. He needed to draw us some diagrams, so he pulled out his phone and started drawing with the active stylus. It was a Galaxy something or other with the S-Pen. Accuracy was great, he was able to draw lines, measurement markers, pipes, walls, etc...

BlackBerry had a suit and tie present the Passport and Classic as devices aimed at the "Mobile Professional" to meet the needs of the "Mobile Professional", a term that was thrown around probably two dozen times during the presentation.

I thought to myself, sure, mobile professionals are bankers and CEOs who are on the go, but they're also plumbers and electricians and people from all sorts of industries.

We may think that things like the pen are gimmicks, but they're used by real people in the real world. Time to catch-up, BlackBerry.
    02-10-15 03:05 PM
    I have a very live, rechargeable stylus by Joy that has a very fine point and works very well with my own Passport screen. I don't sketch but if I was any good at it this stylus would be ideal.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    log_n and jacwib like this.
    02-10-15 03:24 PM
    Today we had a plumber visit. He needed to draw us some diagrams, so he pulled out his phone and started drawing with the active stylus. It was a Galaxy something or other with the S-Pen. Accuracy was great, he was able to draw lines, measurement markers, pipes, walls, etc...

BlackBerry had a suit and tie present the Passport and Classic as devices aimed at the "Mobile Professional" to meet the needs of the "Mobile Professional", a term that was thrown around probably two dozen times during the presentation.

I thought to myself, sure, mobile professionals are bankers and CEOs who are on the go, but they're also plumbers and electricians and people from all sorts of industries.

We may think that things like the pen are gimmicks, but they're used by real people in the real world. Time to catch-up, BlackBerry.
    Plus apps aimed at those Pros.

Nothing on BB10 like Invoice2go (and associated apps). Yes, it's available from the Amazon app store. Other (mobile) companion apps for a lot of industry-specific desktop apps, that are only available for Android and iOS, are missing on BB10. This is why we need the Android runtime.

Passport2 will hopefully come with native stylus support, even if I have to buy one as a BB accessory.

�   Telstra + Classic, Optus + PP, AT&T + PP , Verizon + Classic... why the mix, Mr. Fix?   �
    02-10-15 03:50 PM
    Agreed, an invoice app with Quickbooks/MYOB integration would be a nice addition.

Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast!
    02-10-15 04:10 PM
    Unfortunately BlackBerry has always talked a good game, but executes poorly. Chen has all but killed native app development by telling devs to develop in Android and submit to Amazon's app store, and through the misguided app neutrality letter which likely pissed off many devs. More and more mobile professionals are using large screened, all touch devices, yet BlackBerry says they are all about the PKB. They think they can keep saying professionals need a PKB, but professionals aren't buying it, and my own personal observations in the US Federal space is BB10 adoption being Z10 and Z30 when there is a choice over the Q10.

BlackBerry must come out with a Z30, high production replacement (Maybe Rio will be it), and high end all touch. Z10 simply isn't a base to build off of as most people want bigger screens now. I'd never go back to my Z10 from my Z30 as it is simply too small and cramped for typing.

Posted via CB10
    steakman911 and vibhorsingh86 like this.
    02-10-15 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry pales in comparison to apple and android when it comes to professional focus. There's not a single thing BlackBerry can do which apple and android can't.

Posted via CB10
    tack, Sugarfreak and phillyphreak like this.
    02-10-15 07:40 PM
    Passport would be GREAT for journalists if it had the tools to go with it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:21 PM
    yep its a real bummer as I really like the way blackberry 10 os works.
    but something as simple as the Facebook pages manager is very important to me and the android version no longer works.
    so now what do I do??

Posted via CB10
    454vette likes this.
    02-10-15 08:27 PM
    Unfortunately BlackBerry has always talked a good game, but executes poorly. Chen has all but killed native app development by telling devs to develop in Android and submit to Amazon's app store, and through the misguided app neutrality letter which likely pissed off many devs. More and more mobile professionals are using large screened, all touch devices, yet BlackBerry says they are all about the PKB. They think they can keep saying professionals need a PKB, but professionals aren't buying it, and my own personal observations in the US Federal space is BB10 adoption being Z10 and Z30 when there is a choice over the Q10.

BlackBerry must come out with a Z30, high production replacement (Maybe Rio will be it), and high end all touch. Z10 simply isn't a base to build off of as most people want bigger screens now. I'd never go back to my Z10 from my Z30 as it is simply too small and cramped for typing.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more my friend. Releasing the Classic was a great marketing move but we need an awesome fully loaded touch screen this year.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 08:41 PM
    BlackBerry pales in comparison to apple and android when it comes to professional focus. There's not a single thing BlackBerry can do which apple and android can't.

Posted via CB10
    So much for our great business devise. "Tools, not toys. "

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:50 PM
    yep its a real bummer as I really like the way blackberry 10 os works.
    but something as simple as the Facebook pages manager is very important to me and the android version no longer works.
    so now what do I do??

Posted via CB10
    Use the browser I guess. Or find a older apk that works.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:51 PM
    Use the browser I guess. Or find a older apk that works.

Posted via CB10
    And that is the issue! You have to put in work with BlackBerry where with the other platforms you don't. Only die hard fans will do this and continue to do this, and eventually those people will get tired of workarounds and incomplete functionality when you can spend the same price for the competition and not have to put so much effort in.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 11:18 PM
    And that is the issue! You have to put in work with BlackBerry where with the other platforms you don't. Only die hard fans will do this and continue to do this, and eventually those people will get tired of workarounds and incomplete functionality when you can spend the same price for the competition and not have to put so much effort in.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. No sense in wasting time making apps productive. Apps should be productive.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-13-15 11:49 PM
    Op you should just get a Samsung Note.
    Tabdus likes this.
    02-14-15 02:25 AM
    Problem solved. Just get the device that fits your needs. I'm sure the Note is it. Every device has its drawbacks.
    3Dee and thymaster like this.
    02-14-15 05:06 AM
    In blackberry world, search : Draw, three apps pop up in first windows, after that an easy dozen. Did anyone look before jumping on the Whiners Wagon.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mawil1013; 02-14-15 at 08:11 AM.
    bungaboy, stanhanks and web99 like this.
    02-14-15 06:43 AM

BlackBerry's definition of "mobile professional" is more of the type who places a call with his BlackBerry to hire a plumber who then does his thing with a Galaxy Note :-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Tkarps, Tabdus and 6 others like this.
    02-14-15 08:05 AM
    BlackBerry's definition of "mobile professional" is more of the type who places a call with his BlackBerry to hire a plumber who then does his thing with a Galaxy Note :-)

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Love this.

And for the poster who said what BlackBerry can do, the iPhone can too, I guess they forgot about the NFC, DLNA, Miracast, USB2GO, file manager, expandable memory and emailing capabilities? I am not knocking iPhones. But let's be real. I have a friend who pays extra per month for iCloud when one SD card can solve storage issues cheaply.

Posted via Classic
    02-14-15 09:52 AM

Time to catch up? That's just one very particular situation.

Man, one thing about these forums is that supposedly the people here are suppose to be fans of BlackBerry but yet they are so critical, even on little things, or things that don't deserve criticizing.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    This made my day lol.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 10:59 AM
    Wish Passport 2 will be a full touching and come with stylus too

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 11:11 AM

Man, one thing about these forums is that supposedly the people here are suppose to be fans of BlackBerry but yet they are so critical, even on little things, or things that don't deserve criticizing.

Posted via CB10
    I think people on this forum are BlackBerry fans who expect more from the brand they favor and want to see it succeed. Being a complacent little "BlackBerry Fan" isn't going to motivate BlackBerry to do better. You should expect and demand more.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    That could be a new slogan.

"BlackBerry: for the 47%."
    02-14-15 12:35 PM

It's not a "very particular situation". It's a common occurrence that people want to do things with their phones that they can't do on a BlackBerry.
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    02-14-15 01:49 PM
    And put up with Android? HA! Right.

You know, for a BlackBerry fan site, there's sure a lot of people here suggesting people jump ship.
    SomeoneOrOther and lift like this.
    02-14-15 01:49 PM
140 123 ...